• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Tier Discussion/Resource

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well, I believe Absol is BL because of it's high attack, it's ability to kill with Choice Scarf, access to both Swords dance and Sucker Punch, it can Utilize Fire Blast, and it's just plain awesome.

I don't think Linoone needs to be there though, even with Belly Drum and Extremespeed.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Let's see. I was playing Shoddy and a Deoxys (Speed) appeared. I don't know why is this. I still see it as an Uber. Opinions?

Yeah Deoxys E (Speed Form) has apparently become unbanned as there is nothing "uber" about its stats. They fail to be even base 100 apart from speed.

A couple of threads on Smogon saying its allowed now in tournaments and on shoddy etc and has moved tier to OU.

Its Base stats

HP - 50

ATT - 95

DEF - 90

SP.ATT - 95

SP.DEF- 90

Speed - 180

its base stats are nice, but not ZOMFG UBERZORZ !!!! (apart from speed :p)

I would post links, but its not allowed :p

Last edited:

Ooka

Years
    If someone would like, they can just make a repost of this, and delete this thread as I won't be editing it.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    As I've seen in a quite a few OU battles where Deoxys-S being used against me. Shouldnt the list be updated then. What's the point in me having my scarf-Z and scarfcross anymore? Completely useless against deoxys-S. Better off carrying extra counters. I'm forced in using my spirtomb and cress more often that I'd normally use them because of Deoxys-S. =/ Anyways ... Isn't Deoxys-S still being tested or is it really official ?

If it is ... * I better start searching for a Deoxys*

Yeah Deoxys E (Speed Form) has apparently become unbanned as there is nothing "uber" about its stats. They fail to be even base 100 apart from speed.

A couple of threads on Smogon saying its allowed now in tournaments and on shoddy etc and has moved tier to OU.

Its Base stats

HP - 50

ATT - 95

DEF - 90

SP.ATT - 95

SP.DEF- 90

Speed - 180

its base stats are nice, but not ZOMFG UBERZORZ !!!! (apart from speed :p)

I would post links, but its not allowed :p

Well... IMO Deoxys-S will change the OU metagame a bit, it's not a wall breaker, it will just raise a usage for a few pokemon and decrease some. It will be the best revenge killer ever. It'll be a good late sweeper once all its counters have gone, that's the only problem I fear, that it will be an awesome late good sweeper and people will struggle to cope with that. Spirtomb is one the best counters for Deoxys-S.

Oh Dark_Azelf, apart from speed being uber-ish, it has an insane movepool. =P

EDIT: Sorry Ooka I didn't read your post that you won't be editing this thread anymore.

Last edited:

Ooka

Years
    Actually, I'm editing the list again, but I can't update until later (Making a move from Marriland tier list to Smogon)

Ooka

Years
    I say our own for that specific pokemon. And I think we all agreee on OU do we not?

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Go ahead and move Deoxys-Speed down to OU. Who cares if it's extremely fast? Someone tried the stall version against me just now, and I downed it rather easily to be honest. I faced another in sweeper form earlier... same result ^^

Had the Deoxys been defense form if allowed... that would've been a problem.

We should just have the Pokecommunity Tier list on what's allowed and what isn't (Uber - OU) and such. I mean, some of us see some glaring problems with other tier lists, such as Luxray and such.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    OU:

Spoiler:

BL:

Spoiler:

UU

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I say our own for that specific pokemon. And I think we all agreee on OU do we not?

No.

I'm not disagreeing just because it's a Legendary, though, but because of the stats & movepool. For starters, I don't think that ANY non-Uber Pokemon should be able to go over 500 (or even 450) in a single stat. In fact, the only current OU that comes to mind as being able to do that is Blissey, and that's because of the infamously-abyssmal DEF. As for the ATT & DEF stats, yes they aren't spectacular, but they aren't too bad, either. Deoxys can still take hits better than Infernape & Starmie as well as generally dish out damage just as well as the latter stat-wise (if not better).

As for the movepool...well, Dark_Azelf already pointed out one dangerous combo in Strategies/Movesets, but there's also all of the moves the other forms learn that have to go into consideration. Including the moves it learns in Defense & Attack form...that's actually a reasonable movepool, at least more than you would get on a usual Pokemon. There's still the moves from the earlier generation, like Seismic Toss & the elemental punches...

With the right set-up, it can become a deadly sweeper far too easily...

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Smogon places Arbok, Probopass, and Mantine at UU, not BL.

Although admittedly the Smogon tier list combines UU and NU, with so few people playing NU (read: none?) it probably isn't an issue.

Lol, by seeing this, I bet Smogon has enough reputation to make everyone believe Arceus is OU, the morons ._.

So.. give me a position Arbok can fill even on UU, a sweeper? a Wall? a cleric? no, it's a FREAKING CRAP! I dont' trust Smogon at all, I obviously think they're taking advatnage of their reputation.

Ooka

Years
    Actually, I think it could fill the sweeper position. I've seen it 3HKO a Tangrowth with Gunk Shot and a Life Orb. Hit it on the switch in, Tangrowth Leech Seeded, it hit again, and then it hit for the last turn, removing a threat of Physical walling.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Actually, I think it could fill the sweeper position. I've seen it 3HKO a Tangrowth with Gunk Shot and a Life Orb. Hit it on the switch in, Tangrowth Leech Seeded, it hit again, and then it hit for the last turn, removing a threat of Physical walling.

No way, surely not. A 350 Atk Gyara with a DD and using Ice Fang doesn't even 3HKO with Leftovers, so how in the hell can Arbok?

~T_S

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Still......

Metal Kid Time... ;)

~T_S

EDIT: lol, I am so sorry. We are both wrong...

1x Gunk Shot = 65.35% - 76.98% after leftovers...

~T_S

Last edited:

Ooka

Years
    How was I wrong? Like I said, I saw it happen. Maybe it was jolly or somethin, but it happened.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    I meant you were wrong about the 3HKO. Still, Arbok isn't really all that useful. It can take down a wall, big whoop, now be a theat and do what you're meant to do, kill stuff!

~T_S

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back