• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Tier Discussion/Resource

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Um, I really think Pidgeot belongs in UU, I've used one before, and believe me, they shouldn't be underestimated.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    i really don't see why tropius is NU. i use it myself and it is a monster staller. i've had a couple curselax's and a skarmory fall to it.

both minun and plusle have nasty plot at their disposal, so group that with baton pass + their 95 base speed + their OK sp def + encore, and you have some viable bp'ers for UU. hell, minun can actually take a hit better than raichu.

pidgeot is definitely UU. it actually has some tanking abilities (at least in that tier XD), but can easily be compromised as a CBer, having access to brave bird, u-turn, pursuit and STAB return.

delibird... NU for sure lol i keep trying so hard to make this thing slightly useful, but it can barely attempt that.

magcargo is NU. has slight potential, however.

any more NU takers? i'm really up for this discussion.

Ooka

Years
    Whoops, almost forgot about this thread.

Farfetch'd is NU for sure.

Beautifly only has it's sp. atk, which doesn't get it far.

Dustox is basically the same case as Beautifly, only with Sp. Def.

So yeah, there are three more.

(my curselax has Fire Punch, so it won't be getting walled by any tropius anytime soon xD)

Ooka

Years
    Meh, Aggron, Bastiodon, and party take care of it far too easily after it's set up a Swords Dance or Agility, forcing a switch.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    umm it has brick break. o_O

also, the only real UU set to wall it is sandslash, who still gets seriously hurt by stab x-scissor after swarm activates. but i guess that's the thing about beedrill. it relies on surviving a hit before it can sweep, and usually that includes endure or, more frequently, focus sash which is easily defeated with hail/priority moves.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Just thought I'd point something out (all these posts deleted...ew) is that I think we shouldn't be so "who cares" about BL/OU placement. They might be practically the same tier but people (as wrong as it is) DO use them in UU sometimes and some people actually do use BL teams in the "BL metagame" (which I've honestly never heard of but I've been challenged to these odd BL battles on shoddy), so I think we should treat it like it's a "real" tier (meaning not just a tier to ban things from UU, or in Uber's case OU) so that these kind of lol metagames and uses for BLs can be somewhat balanced.

I think what people use BL for now is totally crazy, but IMO we should adapt to that. If that made any sense.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Mar 21, 2008
    To bad Groundon and Kyogre on the Uber list, water and sunnyday teams would really benifit from those affects. I dont understand why there on there list but the 3 Regi's arent lol. There stats and movepools are exactly the same for the mostpart. Regirock has 10 more base stats, not as much atk but alot more def, same goes with registeel and ice. Is it simply because of there ability's ? I wish i knew who came up with these rules.

I made an ice team and im gonna do a sandstorm team next, i also want to make a fire/grass team, and water, sadly tho you have to use bronzong and teach pokemon sunnyday and stuff which doesnt last long enough IMO. 5 Moves doesnt last very long

Maybe next game i soppose..

Last edited:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    To bad Groundon and Kyogre on the Uber list, water and sunnyday teams would really benifit from those affects.

Erm, you're honestly suggesting Kyogre and Groudon be moved down? Even without their abilities they are obscenely good, they are capable of sweeping entire OU teams alone. Unless 5th gen is 100 new ubers, they're stayin put

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Mar 21, 2008
    Erm, you're honestly suggesting Kyogre and Groudon be moved down? Even without their abilities they are obscenely good, they are capable of sweeping entire OU teams alone. Unless 5th gen is 100 new ubers, they're stayin put

erm, yea i am.

There are alot of pokemon that very near there stats, only below 10-or 20 on 1 or 2 stats.

Somehow i doubt they could sweep an entire team. But then thats the problem with people and there Overused pokemon, there so predictable a single pokemon could kill half the team.

If those 2 were slower then i guess it would be better, there to fast for the stats they have spread out i soppose. but still

A single starmie could kill groundon in one hit with grassnot, his special def isnt to high, and he weighs 2k pounds and hes also much slower.

Kyogre i guess would be more of a problem, unless you have a electivire with thunderpunch, or any pokemon with thunderpunch that has a good atk, kyogre's defense and hp arent to bad i dont think he could last more then 1 or 2 hits

Last edited:

Ooka

Years
    100 150 140 100 90 90

115 140 130 55 55 40

Now look at those. The bottom ones are the closest OU gets to Groudon. They're Rhyperior's stats. They aren't getting budged, at all.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    To bad Groundon and Kyogre on the Uber list, water and sunnyday teams would really benifit from those affects. I dont understand why there on there list but the 3 Regi's arent lol. There stats and movepools are exactly the same for the mostpart. Regirock has 10 more base stats, not as much atk but alot more def, same goes with registeel and ice. Is it simply because of there ability's ? I wish i knew who came up with these rules.

I made an ice team and im gonna do a sandstorm team next, i also want to make a fire/grass team, and water, sadly tho you have to use bronzong and teach pokemon sunnyday and stuff which doesnt last long enough IMO. 5 Moves doesnt last very long

lolwut ?

Hi my name is Kyogre, i only have 2 weaknesses and base 150 sp.att and base 140 sp.def =/

Hi my name is groudon, i have base 150 att and base 140 def =/

Hi my name is regirock, i am weak to ground, fighting and other common types of attack.

Hi my name is regice, i get crippled to stealth rock, and again i have very common weaknesses.

hi my name is Registeel and im offensively retarded, i also have very common weaknesses.

Please do some research to what defined an uber.

These reason are

Overcentralization : - by this i mean, if everyone uses Groudon and Kyogre, people will have to use specific pokemon to counter these two, thus limiting the pokemon that are used.

No counters:- Name one pokemon that can switch in safely to kyogre or Groudon in standard play? Again this links back to overcentralization, theres a reason Shedinja in only used frequently in UU and in UBERS to counter Kyogre, but again kyogre sometimes has toxic just for it, but why should EVERYONE have to use Shedinja ?. Even Blissey cant counter Kyogre, whats blissey going to do when it Calm Minds up, and with rain, it gets 2hko'd after a few calm minds. Choice Specs Kyogre 2hko's Blissey with Waterspout, with a Few att evs, Aqua Tail 2hkos it. Groudon is similar, after a Swords Dance, even Cresselia cant stop it, if it packs the standard Shadow Claw, even Skarmory gets wasted by a swords danced life orb'd Fire Punch. Coming off base 150 att, theres very little that can stop it.

These should stay in ubers for a reason, hence thats why the only counters are in there, Giratina, Lugia, latias etc.

Also ROFL, Starmie is not a counter. Good luck at surviving a Stab'd earthquake coming of base 150 att =/. So should everyone have to use a Starmie or put grass knot on fast things JUST to counter Groudon ? OVERCENTRALIZATION !!!

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Actually, Abomasnow counters Kyogre extremely well. Even the Calm Minding ones.

I dunno how much a Calm minded surf would do. However I do know Aboma 0 hp/o sp.def gets 3hko by a modest kyogres surf,even without the rain, but i suppose if you run a max hp and max sp.def Calm/Cereful/Sassy Aboma, possibly. Still that brings up overcentrilazation, everyone shouldnt be forced to use Aboma just to counter Kyogre, the same with all other ubers.

Ooka

Years
    I wasn't saying that to agree that I don't want it in Ubers. I was saying that cause you said there wasn't anything you can switch in to completely counter them. With Abomasnow, not only do you get rid of the rain, but Abomosnow usually runs Sassy, and carries Leech Seed and Wood Hammer, which pretty much LOL at Kyogre.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back