• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sims II - Legacy Challenge

Years
  • As I might have mentioned once or twice in "What are you currently playing", Sims is kind of my guilty pleasure game - with emphasis on pleasure.
    So, recently, I have been thinking about doing some kind of LP, and because Sims is a very LP-able game and I'm currently being addicted to it, why not do a Sims LP? So, originally I wanted to do a YouTube LP, but decided against it, my voice is an atrocity and, even worse, that way I couldn't have continued blasting Limbonic Art in the background.
    Anyway, now I decided to do a screenshot Sims LP on PC instead, let's see how this will work out...

Well, the plan is to do a "Legacy Challenge" (yes, mondays cannot into not playing challenges). I don't know the exact rules (there's some silly scoring system I can't be bothered to implement), but the basic ones are something like:

• Take one adult sim (does one capitalize that word?)
    • Buy an empty lot in the biggest size possible
    • Play the family for 10 generations
    • Can't use custom sims
    I only have actually played one of the game's six (yes, with all the silly expansions installed, there's six neighborhoods instead of just three) neighborhoods, that one I played excessively though. So I'm just going to use another one and the last point shouldn't be a problem.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • Ooooh, it is nice to see some Sims surface on PC.~

You get things done so quickly. o_o It takes me ages when I do anything on the Sims. This is enjoyable to read, however, and you have a follower of it in me. And the baby should be called Notta. Notta Loner.

Years
  • I think I was getting things done so quickly because of the small family size, the first week with just Ajay went by incredibly fast, I almost took more time taking screenshots than actually playing.
    As for the name Notta, well, I read that comment a bit too late, so no Notta yet. The next female child shall be called Notta though. I'll make her a witch and sit in an ivory tower for most of her life ;)
    Anyway, most importantly: thanks for watching!

So, after having been busy with going to the elections, watching some various youtube LPs of different things and being hungry it's time for another update.

TS2 Legacy Challenge - Part V - Dealing with the twin terrorists
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Totally not intentionally doubleposting here.
    TS2 Legacy Challenge - Part IX - Student for eternity
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • This was an insanely long and interesting read. ^_^

As for the buses working the way they do, it's an American game, and most public schools in America have their own bus services for students because the districts are so vast and usually do not have a public bus system available to them.

There was also one other thing I wanted to comment on, but I forgot what it was.

Years
  • This was an insanely long and interesting read. ^_^

As for the buses working the way they do, it's an American game, and most public schools in America have their own bus services for students because the districts are so vast and usually do not have a public bus system available to them.

There was also one other thing I wanted to comment on, but I forgot what it was.
    Makes sense, I suppose. And, of course, thank you for watching!

TS2 Legacy Challenge - Part XI - Die, Chair, Die! (not related to tvtropes in any way except for maybe the inspiration)
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • You're a bad player for letting those Young Adult Sims die! How could you?! ;_;

You wouldn't have this problem if you relished the micromanaging of University more. :V

Just don't kill Ioducus. Otherwise, I'll just have to start a "Legacy Challenge" myself and show you up. ;P

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • Stop killing sims! D:

Overall, though I'm still enjoying your legacy (it makes me miss playing the Sims so much, stupid old computer). Although I wanted Iolana to be the heir. But then you let her die. |:

I want to see some different LifeState-Sims. One of the male heirs should definitely have an alien baby. o-o

Years

• TS2 Legacy Challenge - Part XII - The succession crisis question
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Businesses are a pain to run, but well worth it if you can manage it. If you run a home business, make sure to lock the doors at night.

Ioducus has achieved quite a bit. :o

Just make sure you don't kill these two before your challenge is up. :P

a big reason I avoid using stoves is because sims are idiots and microwaves are far safer in game

Years
  • Alright, Ioducus and the business route it is. In case he or Francisca dies, I already have a plan B - not a really secure one but there is no 100% security in this game.
    About the stoves, I like them. I prefer being able to cook more foods over the security, especially since with a fire alarm all a fire is going to do is lowering Hygiene of the people near it, the fire fighter always arrived before it could spread so far.
    So, time to start playing some more...once I fix my mouse's recent almost unbearable erratic scrolling behavior.

EDIT: Hah, got it to work again. Opening the mouse (and dropping the screw and not finding it for at least 5 minutes because it fell into the layer of dust on the floor under my computer table) and blowing in there like I used to do back in the day when my GB Pocket cartridges didn't work probably wasn't the smartest idea since technology is a lot less robust nowadays (at least I think so), but for some reason it worked, so...

TS2 Legacy Challenge - Part XIII - Just the right number to attempt something new...

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh, you should fence off your private outdoor property if you're going to be running a home business. Otherwise "customers" will just spend all their time messing with your stuff.

Kay is a pretty common female name here in the States. You seem to be playing the English version, so if you see anything odd, it's likely because it's an "Americanized" thing within an American-made game. (b'-')b

The mouse wheel probably just got some dust underneath it.

When do we meet Francisca's significant other?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Oh god this is kind of hilarious.

The fact that half of the children died due to a lack of free will makes me giggle for some reason.

Years
  • @donavannj: Francisca's significant other would be Seth, I thought that was obvious. As for the mouse wheel... Weird thing is that uncontrollable scrolling also happens when I use my laptop's touchpad instead (in a lesser degree though). But right now there are no issues, so I might as well continue a bit....

@Yuoaman: Lack of free will? No one is controlling anyone's will in this game. Just the bodies. And Anupama died because of some bull-ish glitch, not because I wasn't paying attention.

TS2 Legacy Challenge - Part XIV - ?ŽR& it, I'm going hom- OHWAIT
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Also, I'm going to try and experiment with my arch nemesis after a long period of tranquility again: the dastardly, uncooperative, despicable spoiler tag. Don't wonder if the spoilers will be split up, won't open or anything else. At least they will reduce the obnoxious page stretching.

Years
  • Maybe I did forget that then, oh well, he is more of a minor character anyway. And I might try out running a business again later on, but with a smaller family. With a family of seven (?), it was just "AAAAARGH"-inducing.
    TS2 Legacy Challenge - Part XV - Curse you, uncooperative RNG deities!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Wow, I've never played the sims like this, I like to move around a lot.
    Your LP's real cool man, keep it up!

EDIT: Okay I've finally finished reading everything, the last part was hilarious as !@#$! And grown up Ioducus looks badass man!*

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Alien mpreg baby . . . nice.

Just read all the way through this in one sitting, and it was most amusing, if a little slow-paced to begin with. Still a good laugh, especially with the constant shenanigans that at least one of the family is up to at any given time.

And is it just me, or does Ioducus look like a real smarmosaur? Especially with that facial hair.

Back