• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my team please?

The Foogle

Gone For Good
Years
  • i want to get into competitive battling, i know what IVs and EVs are and my 'mons have really good IVs and are fully EV trained in the stats i listed

here they are

Landorus-T: suicide lead

252 attk/spd, 4 def i think

swords dance, stealth rock, e-quake, explosion

Toxapex: wall, duh (with regener8tr)

248 HP,252 sp.def, 4 def

toxic, scald, haze, recover

Charizard-X: phys. attacker

252 attk/spd, 4 sp.def

F-blitz, dragon claw, e-quake, roost

Tapu Lele: sp. attacker

252 sp.attk/spd, 4 sp.def

psychic, moonblast, focus blast, shadow ball

Naganadel: sweeper

252 sp.attk/spd, 4 hp

draco meteor, nasty plot, fire blast, sludge wave

Celesteela: phys. wall

248 HP, 104 def, 156 sp.def

leech seed, heavy slam, protect, flamethrower

so that's it what do you think?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Greetings, i was looking at the team and i want to advise against the use of a suicide lead on anything that is not meant to be Heavily Offensive. i would suggest in my personal opinion to change the landorus-T set to a more defensive variant. As for tapu lele i would advise against the use of shadow ball and suggest psyshock as it allows you to hit chansey for big damage. Also what items are you running on your mons? it would better help me understand the team and grant a better rate.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • To add on to what Levea said, Therian Landorus is the kind of Pokemon that would rather stick around after setting up Stealth Rock:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -U-turn
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/240 Def/16 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Rocky Helmet

Naganadel is banned to Ubers because of its near-perfect coverage and the possibility of Beast Boost increasing its Speed after KOing something, making it difficult to revenge kill outside of priority. Zygarde is a decent backup sweeper as Thousand Arrows has no immunities:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Thousand Arrows
    -Extreme Speed
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Dragonium Z/Groundium Z
    Ability: Aura Break

or
    -Outrage
    -Thousand Arrows
    -Extreme Speed
    -Iron Tail/Toxic
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Band

or
    -Dragon Dance
    -Coil
    -Thousand Arrows
    -Extreme Speed
    EVs: 160 HP/216 Atk/28 SpD/104 Spe
    Item: Sitrus Berry/Figy Berry

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
  • Greetings, i was looking at the team and i want to advise against the use of a suicide lead on anything that is not meant to be Heavily Offensive. i would suggest in my personal opinion to change the landorus-T set to a more defensive variant. As for tapu lele i would advise against the use of shadow ball and suggest psyshock as it allows you to hit chansey for big damage. Also what items are you running on your mons? it would better help me understand the team and grant a better rate.

dear sir, i'm using:

focus sash on landorus

leftovers 4 celesteela

dragonium Z for naganadel

life orb for tapu lele

charzardite x for you know who

black sludge for toxapex

oh yeah i forgot to mention my landorus does get HP ice but it has jolly :(

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • In this case i am assuming that this is an in-game competitive team. I would suggest changing the team style to Heavy Offense by removing celesteela and toxapex from the team and adding mons that can apply more offensive pressure. Naganadel is also also banned from standard OU if you are playing by that ruleset. If not then i would suggest adding a mon that resists electric as tapu koko and Defensive Landorus-T together has the potential to eat the team alive if your landorus-T is removed from the game. I would like to recommend Weakness policy or Choice band zygarde over Naganadel if you are planning to abide by Standard OU rules. weakness policy is to bait out an Hidden power ice from Landorus and sweep with boosts. I recommend replacing toxapex with Greninja possibly a protean variant to get coverage and momentum with U-turn if you want it. Also with any variant of charizard there must be a way to remove hazards as you do not want zard taking 49% upon its initial switch in so i recommend something like sash lead excadrill which will allow you to automatically both set up hazards and prevent them on your side of the field which would open up Landorus to a either a scarf set or another offensive set such as double dance and Earth Plate ( or z-crystal if you do not use Naganadel) further allowing you to put pressure on your opponent and opening up the team for a Naganadel/Zygarde sweep. as for Lele, i would not run Life orb as being forced to take the recoil can be bad, instead i recommend Choice Specs more wallbreaking power with Psychic, Pshyshock, Hidden power fire/Focus blast, and moonblast.

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
  • In this case i am assuming that this is an in-game competitive team. I would suggest changing the team style to Heavy Offense by removing celesteela and toxapex from the team and adding mons that can apply more offensive pressure. Naganadel is also also banned from standard OU if you are playing by that ruleset. If not then i would suggest adding a mon that resists electric as tapu koko and Defensive Landorus-T together has the potential to eat the team alive if your landorus-T is removed from the game. I would like to recommend Weakness policy or Choice band zygarde over Naganadel if you are planning to abide by Standard OU rules. weakness policy is to bait out an Hidden power ice from Landorus and sweep with boosts. I recommend replacing toxapex with Greninja possibly a protean variant to get coverage and momentum with U-turn if you want it. Also with any variant of charizard there must be a way to remove hazards as you do not want zard taking 49% upon its initial switch in so i recommend something like sash lead excadrill which will allow you to automatically both set up hazards and prevent them on your side of the field which would open up Landorus to a either a scarf set or another offensive set such as double dance and Earth Plate ( or z-crystal if you do not use Naganadel) further allowing you to put pressure on your opponent and opening up the team for a Naganadel/Zygarde sweep. as for Lele, i would not run Life orb as being forced to take the recoil can be bad, instead i recommend Choice Specs more wallbreaking power with Psychic, Pshyshock, Hidden power fire/Focus blast, and moonblast.
    TOO MANY WORDS AAAARGH!

is there another jolly landorus T set i could use? also i just use top pokemon from the tiers and use them i don't care if they're in a higher tier but DM me in the future if you want :)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    pretty sure he's using this on cartridge, where Naganandel is not banned

is there another jolly landorus T set i could use? also i just use top pokemon from the tiers and use them i don't care if they're in a higher tier but DM me in the future if you want :)
    Can run a Choice Scarf or Rockium Z/Flyinium Z set with Jolly. Basic 252 Atk / 252 Spe EV spread.

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
  • pretty sure he's using this on cartridge, where Naganandel is not banned

Can run a Choice Scarf or Rockium Z/Flyinium Z set with Jolly. Basic 252 Atk / 252 Spe EV spread.

excellent! i already EV trained it in those stats :)

but was that an insult when you said i was using the "cartridge"?

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    but was that an insult when you said i was using the "cartridge"?
    Not at all.

Most people who battle competitively do so on two different platforms: Pokemon Showdown, a browser based simulator, and what is often referred to as "cartridge", as in, the 3DS or whatever system one is playing on.

The two have different metagames, and sometimes people just assume that one is playing in a certain format. The other two posters mentioned to you that Naganandel is banned, but that's only on Showdown/if the people battling agree to use Smogon rules and tiers. I figured that since you were planning to use it, you weren't battling on Showdown, so I thought i'd point that out to them.

Back