• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Overworld Pokemon

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    Whatever you think of the mechanics and the changes to gameplay, there's one thing present in the new games I'm sure we can all get excited over one thing: Pokemon who both follow the trainer and those already in the overworld ready to be caught

Having presumed it would be just pikachu and Eevee I was excited to see the trainer riding Onix, Charizard and Laura's, also being followed by Gengar and Voltorb.

I think it adds to the series, and with the presence of grass too we can be reassured of the traditional encounter style. What's everyone's thoughts on following Pokemon being brought back for the first time in 8 years? Do any of you have any reservations?

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I'm very excited though honestly seeing Eevee on the players head is weird.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • I love it it looks like you could have a Pokémon follow you without switching out your starter. Also seeing what Pokémon is in the grass is very interesting and I wanna see where it goes

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Maybe this time they'll actually keep the overworld Pokemon instead of ditching it after this set of games like they did with HGSS... ;_;

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I love this feature! It's much more lively this way!

Wish Eevee would ride on your shoulder though haha, it looks quite awkward perched on the trainer's head like that. ^_^;

Years
  • I love the feature returning finally, and the graphics make it really shine even more. I'm getting really excited for this game. Cannot wait for six months to pass.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Have honestly been dreaming of this feature since I first played Emerald wayyy back, it's a super cool mechanic and really adds immersion and life to the world to the extent that we've never seen in the mainline Pokemon games. Pokemon following you returning is huge as well, that's gotta be my favourite feature ever, so these two things in one game is like a childhood dream come true haha.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2018
    I really love this feature. I think it brings a new bit of life and immersion into the Pokémon world to the games that hasn't been seen in past generations. While Refresh and Amie allowed the player to interact with their Pokémon, it always felt shallow and overly simplified to me. I feel like walking with and riding on your Pokémon friends in the overworld will only enhance the player's bond with their team.

Back