• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Aegislash and Blastoise in paid DLC for Pokkén Tournament DX

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
Is it the first paid DLC in the history of Pokémon games? IMO it's overpriced, $14.99 is too much for two new fighters (and some support Pokémon).

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Never played Pokken but Blastoise seems a great addition to the game. Aegislash not so much but I'm not a fan of the sword anyway.

Unown Seer

Earnest
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2020
Gates of Infinity had DLC dungeons: a dozen for a total of $26.5 (although the first one was free for a while). Compare that to the main game offering 43 dungeons for $40 (alongside a story and other features).

It's weird how Nintendo knows how to do paid DLC fairly, but TPC and the related developers don't. Game Freak don't deserve credit for releasing USUM as separate games, either.

Last edited:

Aki

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Hmm not a big fan of DLC, if it were more then 2 like maybe 5 fighters then I could see myself getting this.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
B-but I don't get the new player choice. Out of 800+ pokemon they pick an actual sword in Aegislash? So nonsensical. ...But then Pokémon never really made any sense before so I guess it's fair.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Guys, you're missing the big picture of this announcement. This also means that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition could also get DLC in the future despite being updated re-releases.

MasterofMasters

Kim Jong yeah, Big Bombs
Years
Maaan, seeing this makes me more tempted then I already was to buy the game. But I just bought Splatoon and Stardew Valley so if I buy Pokken that'll be 132$ on three games

Back