• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chobo357

Insert Title Here
Years
  • Quick question: When using an EV lowering berry, does the stat get automatically lowered to 100 EVs, and then every berry eaten after gets lowered by 10?

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Quick question: When using an EV lowering berry, does the stat get automatically lowered to 100 EVs, and then every berry eaten after gets lowered by 10?

Correct, assuming that the stat has more than 100 EVs in the first place.

If the EVs are equal to or greater than 101, then the first berry will reduce them to 100.
    It the EVs are equal to or less than 100, then each berry will reduce them by 10.

Gaspar

No Hacks
    Years
  • Quick question: If I trade an egg over to a new game, will the game give the double exp or treat as an OT pokemon?

Thanks In Advance

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Quick question: If I trade an egg over to a new game, will the game give the double exp or treat as an OT pokemon?

Thanks In Advance

It will gain normal experience, since the ID/OT of the Pokémon is determined by the player that hatched the egg, not bred for it.
    You only gain 1.5x Exp. for Pokémon that have a different ID to the game file they are on.

the_gurpster

legendary pokemon trainer
    Years
  • berries

yeah i know this is a noob question but is there a shop where u can buy berries if u cant then that sucks :(

Years
  • i have a question
    is there any hold item that boosts the defense and sp.defense of a pokemon by like 1.5 or 2 or wtv??

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • There is a building in Floroma town where I believe you can buy berries. Either that or they give you one :/

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    As far as I'm concerned there really weren't any berry shops in any of the Pokémon games... correct me if I'm wrong, but either they just gave you one for free or you would just find them in various places.

Years
  • does anyone have an answer to my question
    is there liek a hold item that raises sp.def or defense or both on any pokemon?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    There are a couple of berries that do it when you're in the bottom third of your health:
    #57 Apicot raises SpDef
    #54 Ganlon raises Def

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back