• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Genning vs Breeding!

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
H54Rvkf.jpg

What are your thoughts on the whole breeding vs genning debate that took the whole Pokémon community on YouTube and Twitter by storm lately? Are you offended by people who hack Pokémon in to battle or are you someone who gens their Pokémon? Have you ever bred Pokémon you've used competitively?

Discuss!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
As long as the Pokemon is legal, I personally don't give a shit if it was bred or genned or whatever. The important thing to me is the battle, not how the other player obtained their team (and let's be real, breeding is still a bit of a boring process).

Everything I have ever used though in cartridge battles is, afaik, legitimately bred, or a clone of a legitimate Pokemon.

Years
I think breeding is a bit better. It may take more time, but I think that time spent creating and breeding Pokémon shows a difference between liking your Pokémon and loving your Pokémon. Breeding for me.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I love breeding my pokemon, that's what I like the most to do in the game.

As much as I love to battle, I am not good :( Really, I suck at it hehe..... So I breed perfect Pokemon that the other can play with :D

But seriously... Nothing beat the feeling of having a brand new Pokemon that you worked hard to do.
But I mean, as long the Pokemon is legal.....

Back