• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where Will It End?

Bay

Years
Depends on the story's tone throughout for me. If the story set up to be more lighthearted, then I don't mind where everything is tied up and everyone is happy. If it's more with a darker tone, then I think I also am cool with a more bleak but hopeful kind of ending. There are several occasions where I was unsatisfied with a tv show's season finale and just not care to continue.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I really prefer darker endings and ones that leave the actual conclusion open ended. I don't really like being told exactly how something is at the end, but rather I prefer to be given some vague indications and be allowed to theorize and imagine what the true ending might actually be. Which I know is a really unpopular opinion.

Years
The ending I like to write depends on what I'm writing. I'm working on a children's picture book right now, that's obviously going to have a happy ending. I have a story focused on a serial killer planned though, that I won't be ending happily.

As for endings I enjoy? More than anything I need closure. I need to know where characters of consequence end up. It doesn't need to be happy ending, it just needs to be complete.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
I leave it super open ended. Like literally tomorrow is just gonna be more of the same. Some super big issue might be handled, but life goes on every problem in the world isn't gone.

FlaafyFTW

Researcher of Orange Lore
Years
To be honest, I've rarely ever reached a definitive "ending" for things that I write, they usually just end somewhere that I feel comfortable finishing on, which usually just so happens to be the end of the chapter or where it feels like it has come to a comfortable conclusion in that space and time.

Half of the time I just wing it and take the story (or whatever text-type I'm writing) as it comes, but more for my own sanity than anything else, I need things to make logical sense in my head and so when stories and lore end up getting large and convoluted then it becomes difficult to keep all of the pieces fitting together. If I can't get that to work then... things usually go unfinished out of frustration.

My brain is a funny old thing.

Vragon

Depends for me to, but usually what you said Bard.

I'm the kinda guy that likes to see/write characters have to fight their way to win and take what comes and who goes.

Back