• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Switch Charge Cables Flimsy?

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2021
    So, I'm 29, and over the last 20 years I've had every Nintendo handheld from Gameboy Colour to Switch. I still have a GBA, DS, DS Lite and two 3DS consoles with original chargers, and each one works perfectly. Today, the Switch Lite I bought on the release of SW/SH started saying "unable to charge."
    Sorry, what? You're three months old and your cable is on a high desk out of harm's way. How can it be having issues?

What's your experience with the Switch and its accessories? Should it really need replacements after such a short time?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm currently in the process of getting my Joy-Cons replaced because of drifting issues. But I'm a little worried because my Switch was a limited edition and I may end up getting the common neon red/blue joy-cons.

I've had a few friends with problems as well. One with problems on buttons and the other like yours..charging issues. Keep in mind that this is the first Switch version, and they keep saying they're going to come up with a better version of the Switch with new features and better hardware (don't quote me on that, I've heard rumors.)

Years
  • Hey there, I went ahead and moved your thread to the Video Games section, as this pertains to the Nintendo Switch console. :)

Years
  • That shouldn't be an issue, you could either have a defective console or a defective USB-C cable. I would try the cable a could of times, maybe take it out and plug it back in a few times and see if it finally connects. If not you might want to look at buying a new USB-C cable online and hope that is the issue.

Back