• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did Ho-Oh create new species of Pokemon?

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    When it resurrected Suicune, Entei and Raikou is what I'm talking about. Unless they were already those Pokemon before. But it seems like their resurrection was the origin of those pokemon so they might have been some other pokemon before their deaths.

Years
  • You know, I always figured there was some sort of connection between Suicune, Entei, and Raikou and the eeveelutions... and I always believed that Ho-oh resurrected Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon to become the legendary beasts that we know of them as today.

.... a long-shot theory, of course. But still interesting to think about.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • I love the Eeveelutions-to-Gerbils theory.

Now, I find it very unlikely that Ho-Oh created new species by reviving the creatures, formerly Eevees or not. We know that in most continuities there are Gerbils other than the Tower Trio: sets roaming in the games, the Crown City trio in the anime, the Raikou in the Legend of Thunder special which was roaming before the 3-years period where the "player character" would have unsealed them from the ruins, the Entei in Movie 3, etc.

I find it more likely that if (big if) Ho-Oh did revive three creatures and they were turned into Gerbils as a result, either he merely used the Gerbils as a template to perform the revivification, or the transformation was something outside of Ho-Oh's reach (otherwise for a Pokémon known to revive others, we would have heard of other transformations in the events that describe Ho-Oh's powers).

Disclaimer: I did write a fic where my interpretation of Ho-Oh speaks of what he might have done, but he's smart to not commit to any version of the story.

Also disclaimer: Cats Dogs Beasts Gerbils forever!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gerbils lmao. Yeah I think they are unique and that Ho-Oh changed them and their powers upon resurrection, thereby basically creating new races of pokémon in them. I too like the Flareon/Vaporeon/Jolteon theory there ^^

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • I'm a firm believer in the eeveelutions to legendary beasts theory but the presence of the shiny beasts from their crown city appearance does throw some kinks into this theory. I like the idea that Ho-oh used some template for an ancient ancestral species of eeveelutions that was accessible upon being revived. The ancestral species still exists just in few numbers or something I guess.

Back