• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint"

Years
  • Most schools have basic courses in which people learn the basics of Microsoft Office, including Word/Excel/Powerpoint, and, if you're unlucky, Access.

That being said, how familiar with these programs are you really? Job applications today often require familiarity - do you actually have the experience to back it up, or are you like everyone else (or at least me) who makes it up as they go?

Which do you find yourself using more often? Do you also use variations of Office - e.g. Google Docs/Sheets/Slides, Apple Pages/Keynote/Numbers? Could you make a pivot table to save your life?

Years
  • Definitely somewhere between intermediate and advanced knowledge for Word and Excel, intermediate for PowerPoint, and between basic and intermediate for Access. I use Word and Excel almost daily at work.

And yes, I can make a pivot table!

Years
  • Intermediate for Excel/Word/Powerpoint defs. I can make (and actually understand) pivot tables/charts now and kinda link them together 😄
    I've never touched Access though (do I want to?) I swear Excel is the important language people use it's probably how I've stayed at this job

Since I don't have paid Office... I usually use the Google variant (though I use Office at work obv). I'm tempted to try Keynote just to see the differences.

Back