• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favourite Gen 4 Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2019
    I would definitely say that Gen 4 had a LOT of memorable mons come out of it. The Shinx line, Gible line, and Chimchar line are just a few of my favorites from Gen 4.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    my favorites would have to be empoleon, abomasnow, togekiss, honchkrow, and froslass

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • Empoleon is still my favorite starter. First try on Pearl i got it shiny and it was the first pokemon i got shiny that was level 100. I probably kept on using it up to X and Y because i wanted to try a new team.

I'm so jelly; Piplup's line is among my favourites ever, and it does have decent shinies throughout the line.

I nicknamed my Empoleon "Napoleon". Fitting, no? XD

Haha, I almost always do this. It's a tad overdone, but if the shoe fits..?

I have many favourites from this generation, which include:
    The aforementioned Piplup line
    GLACEON, one of my other favourite Pok?mon ever
    Leafeon, yet another Pok?mon I'd rank highly overall
    Lopunny, Team Charm's leader and always has been a solid member of any team I've used her on
    Buizel, I just really like this one; so happy and energetic looking
    Roserade, need I say more?
    Rotom, quite like this tricky-looking guy​

Honourable mentions go to:
    Torterra, I have a soft spot for the first Sinnoh starter I used
    Pachirisu, playing Reborn really made me appreciate the cute squirrel
    Ambipom, I used to dislike this one a lot, but then Pok?mon Desolation happened
    Dialga, playing as one in an RP years ago helped cement my appreciation of it​

Last edited:
    Years
  • Gen 4 Pokemon weren't my favourite, but if I had to choose, I would go with Abomasnow and Drapion. They are pretty much only Gen 4 Pokemon I ever used, outside Gen 4 games, in story and competitive runs.

Last edited:

Elixirloxx23

Just getting started!
    Years
  • IMG_4399.jpg

string555

Banned
    Years
  • All the Ghost types. I don't have my hands on a Spritomb yet, due to a lack of a second DS, but I'm looking forward to it. :D

Back