• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Team Plasma are WEIRDOES

The Annoying Rollout

You already know it
Years
  • Yeah they have a great objective but I think their outfits are very weird.Then those Seven Sages thing makes me realize that they are just a bunch of weirdoes and Team Rocket WannaBees.Your Opinions everyone?

Mecha-Scrafty

Gastrodon shall rule us all.
    Years
  • I dont understand what they have on their head. It reminds me of "the bacteria blocker" a hat for the Scout in TF2.
    And i wasnt too confortable with they kicking a Munna to get it's dust and make people sniff it to make them get hallucinations and be able to take their pokemon away.
    But they were kinda better in white and black 2.

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
    Years
  • I think it's the best evil organization out of all the ones that exist in Pokémon. Sure, it might draw with Team Galactic and Flare, but still, i think they're the best. Their B/W outfits were pretty goofy, but their BW2 outfits were awesome. The battle theme was great on both versions, but i really think they had a better appearance in BW2, with the Frigate, Kyurem and Colress, and the second fight with Ghetsis. Their B/W appearance was great also. The castle rising up from the ground, the fight with N and Ghetsis, both were hard(especially Ghetsis) made it my favorite evil team in Pokémon.

The one thing i cast out are the Seven Sages. The only sage that actually does SOMETHING is Ghetsis, meanwhile the other six only play a major role in the post/game of B/W, when you track them down to help Looker. But the one i liked the most was Rood. He was really nice, despite his... name.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2018
    Not to sure what do you mean by team rocket wannabees?
    Team rocket objectives is the facilitate underground rare pokemon sales and the production of illegal pokemon enhanment products. If anything they want to maintain status quo with the current goverment which lets them do whatever they want.

Team Plasma objectives is to re-establish the old monarchy with N/Ghetsis as the head. As a result they need minimal resistance when they perform thier takeover of Unova. They do this by spreading propaganda that use of pokeballs is bad and they are good guys with good intentions. Their clothes reflect by being 'rightous knights in chainmail'.

The Annoying Rollout

You already know it
    Years
  • I think they were at a crossroads trying to decide whether to go with the silly team with the dumb objective (Team Aqua) or or the not-so-silly team with the rather disturbing objective (Team Galactic.)

The result was a really awkward cross between weirdoes in silly outfits who don't know what they're doing and ruthless rights activists who will do anything to "free" Pokemon. I didn't like how they made Team Plasma the bad guys in BW and I don't feel like Gamefreak put any effort into redeeming them aside from giving them a cooler costume. Unlike other teams, their objective was actually legitimate. Yes they were extremists, but extremists shouldn't equal bad guys. Also, the whole N thing seemed like a good idea but ended up being dumb and should've been scrapped. Oh well.
    I agree with you bro.Their objective convinced me.It makes me think that Pokémon has a Dark Side too.

Not to sure what do you mean by team rocket wannabees?
    Team rocket objectives is the facilitate underground rare pokemon sales and the production of illegal pokemon enhanment products. If anything they want to maintain status quo with the current goverment which lets them do whatever they want.

Team Plasma objectives is to re-establish the old monarchy with N/Ghetsis as the head. As a result they need minimal resistance when they perform thier takeover of Unova. They do this by spreading propaganda that use of pokeballs is bad and they are good guys with good intentions. Their clothes reflect by being 'rightous knights in chainmail'.
    Team Plasma is still an evil organization. And what does an evil organization do?Do EVIL things of course!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I don't remember much since it's been a long time. I do vageuly remember the background music that plays. It sounded pretty interesting. I might have to read about this later.

Years
  • Their goal was interesting and made you think but in the first games I couldn't take them seriously because of the weird medieval looking costumes, I think they rectified in in BW2 where they looked more like a militia group.

Years
  • At least their music is really cool :o

I do agree, the music that plays when you battle the Grunts is my fave battle music in the games. There was like something so epic I found with that battle theme.

But anyways, I actually liked Team Plasma's uniforms in both games and while they had a bit of irony, being a group that's seeking Pokemon liberation yet they actually still used Pokemon to battle you. Their goal was interesting, and I do like how the Grunts had some funny dialogue from time to time.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Team Plasma are based on a medieval hierarchy and their sigil is a shield and their outfits were supposed to resemble shining armor. It ties in with the whole dragons and castles myth. Although I never understood why they decided to use the medieval theme for Unova which was based on New York when it would have fitted Kalos much more considering they actually had castles and whatnot. Anyway, going on a tangent, Team Plasma are weird, but they are by far my favourite of the evil teams. And second in design only to the mad scientists of Team Galactic.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Bump~

Are Team Plasma weirdos or winners? Tell us what you think! :)

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    They're more competent than RSE Team Magma/Aqua, whom couldn't even get the correct colored orb to the right pokemon. They are my favorite team of course, because they have memorable characters like N and an interesting (fake) motive which is to liberate pokemon in Unova. But like with every evil team, I hate fighting the endless grunts who spam the same pokemon though, it's so repetitive and boring.

Years
  • I see Team Plasma grunts as eccentric, and I mean that in a good way like the Lovegood family of Harry Potters. You are somebody who is at odds with the world around you, and probably does wear funny clothes and get mocked by others, but you are also more introspective than the average person, and have passionate convictions that you are willing to fight for.

I think Team Plasma's design motif is pretty clear. The grunts dress like white knights. The head gear appears to be chainmail. They wear gauntlets, their symbol is a shield. Team Plasma members who believe in what they are doing are like soldiers for a cause, their quest is Pokemon liberation. Team Plasma refer to N as their king and lord, crowned him in the opening titles and are there to help him chase after an ancient dragon like his knights of the round table. Team Plasma has a more purposeful and specific design than most evil teams. It may not be stylish, but that is not be the point. The point is that the design fits who they are.

I think the costumes look over-the-top and fanciful, but so were the goals of Team Plasma. Their hard work was sadly not going to lead to a world of free Pokemon, despite the noble intentions of most of the people involved. Ghetsis was a false prophet who took advantage of their love of Pokemon and desire to help them. So the way they dress is essentially like Don Quixote, they have wonderful dreams but may not actually be effectual. From this perspective I think they have a very good design.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Team Plasma grunts are the best outta all the evil guys imo. They are the only ones with a righteous goal. Now Neo Team Plasma? THOSE guys are weirdos. They know they're bad, they don't have any good goal except to support the crazy dude that likes to freeze people.

Guest123123

We learn at the end of the main story that Team Plasma's public goal was a front for Ghetsis wanting to be the only one in the region with Pokemon and having the most power of anyone in Unova.

But if their stated goal was their genuine goal, I have some ideas about what they could've done to achieve their goals that don't involve battling.
    1. Using solely technology instead of Pokemon. They already have some pretty good tech, so it could be a challenge for us to disable their machinery. Sometimes it could be power-based, like using Pokemon to destroy the machines outright. Other times you may need to do puzzles to figure out how to deactivate them.
    2. Just using words, like they did in Accumula and Opelucid in BW. We could have psychological battles with them instead of Pokemon battles. Their words did seem to make people question their decisions, even if they didn't outright agree. We could slowly convince some of them over time that Pokemon enjoy battles as a way to communicate both with their trainers and with other Pokemon.

I don't think either of those scenarios would happen, since battling is one of the main focuses of the game. But from an in-universe perspective instead of a gameplay one, there are ways for them to gain power and/or public approval that don't involve them battling despite being opposed to battling (again, if this was their actual goal and not just what they told the public their goal was).

colabear9

Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2018
    Team Plasma was forcing it tbh. I don't really like N either, but I like his design.
    He's fun to draw :3

Ultra Sun

Yes this is PC user Sun lol
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2022
    Team Plasma is actually amazing! They have focused goals from the very beginning -- in BW to revive the legendary and 'liberate' Pokemon. I really like that, it wasn't about ruining trial challenges or cutting Slowpoke Tails.

Back