• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Weight Watching

Years
  • A simple game: someone posts a choice from 2 to 6 different options involving pokemon. Two options is the minimum (otherwise there's no choice lol), 6 is the maximum. So you can provide anywhere from 2 to 6 choices.

People will guess which weighs more/the most or less/the least. Person that guesses it correctly first gets the next turn after it's confirmed correct by the person posting the choice.
    The one posting the choice can look up the weights on serebii/bulbapedia/etc. - I think it will be more fun as a game if people guessing it do not look up the weights, but it's not like this can be checked.
    Not entirely 100% sure on the format on this tbh. If people prefer this could be a host game too. If this even gets played at all....

The options do not have to be a single instance of a pokemon, or even solely 1 species of pokemon.
    Example of what I mean by the latter: one option could be Azumarill + Absol and the other Golduck + Tropius.

Some examples of how this would be played:

[User 0]:
    Which weighs more: a Wailord or two Regice?

User reply 1:
    Obviously 2 Regice should be heavier ! It's a chunk of solid ice!

User reply 2:
    Wailord should be heavier!

Reply reply 3:
    I too think wailord is heavier!

User reply 4:
    Nah two Regice are definitely heavier.

[User 0]:
    Wailord weighs 398.0kg, whereas 1 Regice weighs 175.0kg. two regice thus weigh 350.0kg
    Wailord is Heavier! User 2 is next!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

[User 2]:
    Which is heavier: Dhelmise or Registeel?

User 3:
    Registeel obviously!

User 4:
    Has to be registeel, there's no way Dhelmise is heavier!

User 1:
    Nah I bet Dhelmise is heavier!

User 0:
    I'd expect registeel, but I'll go with Dhelmise too!

[User 2]:
    Dhelmise is 210.0kg and registeel is 205.0kg. Dhelmise is heavier!
    User 1 is next!

and so on...

I used more/heavier in the examples, but the question can also be which weighs less or is lighter, to mix it up a little and keep people on their toes!
    Mainly just thought this might be a fun game, due to some mons having surprising weights (learning that Registeel is slightly lighter than Dhelmise was basically my prompt for this lol).

To kick things off:

Which weighs the least: three Bellossom, three Wingull or three Togedemaru ?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Three Bellossom, I imagine a flower weighing the least.

Which weights more, Salamance or Dragonite?

Years
  • I want to say Salamence! It seems like it's really heavy, especially those wings and claws.

What weighs more, a Raichu or a Charmeleon?

Oh, I think we need to wait until the one who asks the question tells us the answer before moving on. I'm going to say three Togedemaru, they're steel types and have spikes so perhaps they weigh the most?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh, I think we need to wait until the one who asks the question tells us the answer before moving on.

That was the original premise yes. As stated I'm not entirely sure on the format of this game though lol

Three Bellossom, I imagine a flower weighing the least.

I assumed the same thing only to find out it was incorrect xD

I want to say Salamence! It seems like it's really heavy, especially those wings and claws.

What weighs more, a Raichu or a Charmeleon?

Oh, I think we need to wait until the one who asks the question tells us the answer before moving on. I'm going to say three Togedemaru, they're steel types and have spikes so perhaps they weigh the most?

The question was which weighs the least, but Togedemaru is the correct answer yes.

Bellossom = 5.8kg x 3 = 17.4kg
    Wingull = 9.5kg x 3 = 28.5kg
    Togedemaru = 3.3kg x 3 = 9.9kg

Togedemaru is so light for a steel type =o

Sheep's turn =3

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've made a small change, relevant for whoever gets the next turn. I upped the maximum choices a bit to 6 and edited the original post accordingly.

someone posts a choice from 2 to 6 different options involving pokemon. Two options is the minimum (otherwise there would be no choice lol), 6 is the maximum. So you can provide anywhere from 2 to 6 choices.

I think this will give a bit more room for more people to get guesses. When you have the turn, you decide for yourself how many you want from this range though. If you don't want to give 6 options, but 3, then just give 3 options =) It's a minimum and maximum after all.
    Why 6 options as the maximum? 6 = a pokemon party =3

okay so I feel like the obvious choice of these 3 would be Fearow since I'm pretty sure it's the biggest size wise. I'm basically expecting one of the others to be the surprise heaviest though. So I'll guess Fearow as the heaviest just to rule it out ^^

Last edited:
    Years
  • okay so I feel like the obvious choice of these 3 would be Fearow since I'm pretty sure it's the biggest size wise. I'm basically expecting one of the others to be the surprise heaviest though. So I'll guess Fearow as the heaviest just to rule it out ^^

Correct :D Fearow is 38kg, Raichu is 30kg, and Charmeleon is 19kg. Surprises me since I always expected it to be totally different - Charmeleon heaviest, Raichu second heaviest (or heaviest), and then Fearow lightest.

Your turn!

Years
  • Correct :D Fearow is 38kg, Raichu is 30kg, and Charmeleon is 19kg. Surprises me since I always expected it to be totally different - Charmeleon heaviest, Raichu second heaviest (or heaviest), and then Fearow lightest.

Your turn!

Raichu and Fearow are actually pretty close =o

What weighs more:
    1. a Nidoking
    2. a Nidoqueen
    3. a Magmortar
    4. an Ampharos

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I bet this one is surprising... I learned that Togedemaru is very light for a steel-type. So, I'm going with Burmy for this one!

Back