• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Retromania - Retro Gaming Discussion!

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 2, 2024

MG2 is a game I never got to play until around 2006 when it came with the MGS3:Subsistance special edition and I was absolutely blown away by it. Anyone who has the MGS HD collection on 360 or PS3 should play this, if only once.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • Even though I wasn't alive during the NES/SNES era, I prefer a lot of games from that time over modern games. They're just somehow better.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Retro games, in my opinion, are charming in their own, special way, like EarthBound and Super Mario Bros. 3.

Also, where's Duck Hunt in this list of games?

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I really like retro games <3

We still have our NES and some games, but my mother gave some of our games away a while ago (our NES "broke" so she gave the stuff away but some years after, when my brother grew up, he repairs it). So we lost Paperboy... North and south!!! (worth like 300$????). We actually bought North and south again, not cheap for a NES game..... but not 300$ haha
    Does N64 counts as a retro game? Am I that old?
    Favourite Retro Game? I don't know between Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle II, Dr. Mario and North and South.
    Favourite Retro Song? Any Mario songs and the main theme of The legend of Zelda.
    Favourite Retro Gaming Character? Birdo <3 okay only one game haha but still!
    Favourite Retro Console? NES and if N64 counts, then those two. (my answers here can be completely different if N64 is considered a retro gaming system). I mean, I don't see it as a retro console, I still play with ine regulary (Banjo Tooie being my favorite game ever). I am not that old D: I might be in denial tho...
    Any games or consoles you're looking for? WE GOT NORHT AND SOUTH LAST MONTH YAY. I want paperboy back haha.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Have we reached the point where we can call GBA games retro? Because the first two Golden Sun games were friggin masterpieces.

I'm also quite fond of the first Mana game on the GB and Final Fantasy VI and Terranigma on the SNES. Chrono Trigger is also quite good.

Years
  • Have we reached the point where we can call GBA games retro? Because the first two Golden Sun games were friggin masterpieces.

I'm also quite fond of the first Mana game on the GB and Final Fantasy VI and Terranigma on the SNES. Chrono Trigger is also quite good.

I think so, yes you can say GBA is retro.
    Ah Golden Sun - don't remember how many time I spent with this game.

Fom me I can say Mario and Chrono Trigger from SNES - great time.

Retro games are the best. Still ike new one but I think so old games had better gameplay. This is why Indie games are more popular in this time.

Back