• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question about the Pokémon franchise

Ultra Guardian DJ James

Horse Rider/Team Rocket/Plasma Member/Ultra Guardi
Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    Does anybody on here believes that Pokémon franchise: games, cards, anime and all stuff is perfectly fine and good? and not evil... My behalf is that Pokémon is perfectly fine and super good and it's not evil at all. Just as fine as Super Mario...

The reason why I asked is because my previous parents believe it's evil but it's not to me as it's perfectly fine...

Note: Although I will be having them all when I make my way to heaven with God as he saw I love Pokémon so much...he knew I love it better than Mario and will let me have them all when I get to heaven...

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'd imagine that most or all people on a Pokemon website don't find Pokemon to be evil

but really the idea that Pokemon is an evil franchise stems largely from a) a minority of religious conservatives who take the usage of the term "evolution" in it too literally and care about it too strongly and b) PETA

Ultra Guardian DJ James

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    I'd imagine that most or all people on a Pokemon website don't find Pokemon to be evil

but really the idea that Pokemon is an evil franchise stems largely from a) a minority of religious conservatives who take the usage of the term "evolution" in it too literally and care about it too strongly and b) PETA

Ok well to me I find it not evil at all.

Years
  • My parents were totally fine with me being into the series as a kid and never saw it as evil, but I've heard people online mention they had family who were against them engaging with it in any way. :( Usually it's religious reasons yeah, but PETA has def had an impact on some people viewing it as bad/evil too, like Nah said. Personally I love Pokémon and ofc this being a Pokémon forum, pretty much everyone else will be the same. Collecting monsters and watching them get stronger, and subsequently getting attached to the things I catch/hatch, is a lot of fun. It's not real and there are strong messages of love and friendship. imo it's a good series for kids to get into, especially compared to some others.

Ultra Guardian DJ James

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    My parents were totally fine with me being into the series as a kid and never saw it as evil, but I've heard people online mention they had family who were against them engaging with it in any way. :( Usually it's religious reasons yeah, but PETA has def had an impact on some people viewing it as bad/evil too, like Nah said. Personally I love Pokémon and ofc this being a Pokémon forum, pretty much everyone else will be the same. Collecting monsters and watching them get stronger, and subsequently getting attached to the things I catch/hatch, is a lot of fun. It's not real and there are strong messages of love and friendship. imo it's a good series for kids to get into, especially compared to some others.

I agree as well I love Pokémon too after snuck for it too many times.

Ultra Guardian DJ James

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    Question about if Christians can do Pokémon.

Does anybody know if Christian people can do Pokémon too? Me I'm a Christian and I snuck for Pokémon so much that I found it perfectly fine as it's not evil but the Pokémon aka pocket monsters aren't that scary at all, same as Mario and Sonic combining with Digimon...

The reason why I asked is because of my level concerns of doing Pokémon, since I was born as a Christian...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    It really is fine for you to play Pokemon

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Hello, I've merged your thread with your previous thread since they are discussing similar topics.

As for your question, if Pokémon is not affecting you negatively then it should be fine to play it. I too personally don't see Pokémon as evil but more so whimsical.

SawkTheWarrior

SW-7387-7525-9201
    Years
  • I don't think pokemon is evil, even though i am a christian. I cannot see why some people think of it as mean or evil. There is even a friendship stat for crying out loud!

Back