• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Kimono Girls

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Call me biased, but I wanted to make this thread about the Kimono Girls, because absolutely loved the Kimono Girls this time around. On Pok?mon G/S/C, I didn't much mind them, but, I really loved the fact that they had a bigger role. Did anyone else loved that fact? Well, first, If you don't know who the Kimono Girls are, they are Naoko, Sayo, Zuki, Miki, and Kuni. They each have 1 member of the Eevee family, which includes Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, and Umbreon.

The Kimono Girls

Well, they didn't necessarily a huuuge role, but, I did like the way they have incorporated them into the way that you can obtain the legendary pokemon! The first time around, at pokemon G/S/C, they were all together, dancing in the Ecruteak Dance Studio, in which if you beat them all in a battle, you can get the Surf TM from a random NPC.

On HG/SS though, we learn a little bit more about them, and they help on on summoning the legendary Pok?mon. We meet Zuki, back in Violet City, as she explained that there needed to be someone to raise a Mystery Egg. Naoko was the one who wasn't great at directions, who we've met at Ilex Forest, in which our pokemon helped her to show her the way out of the forest. Miki is a really quiet Kimono girl, whom we've helped her chase off a Rocket Grunt from the Ecruteak dance theater. We saw Sayo from the Ice Caves before Blackthorn City, which we've pushed her to help her to escape the ice. And finally, Kuni is the kimono girl who loves to twirl, whom we've met in the Goldenrod Underground Tunnel.

So, basically, these girls have been 'testing us', in which we had to battle them all in order for them in order to get the Clear Bell in HG, or Tidal Bell in SS. Honestly? They were a lot tougher to face in HG & SS, because they all faced you consecutively, without breaks to heal our pokemon, haha. Plus, each of their pokemon had really good moves! (ie. Surf + Aurora Beam on Vaporeon)

With all this being said, what do you guys think of the Kimono Girls this time around? How did you enjoy battling them, and what did you think about their own development overall? Feel free to share any other thoughts as well! ^^

Years
  • The Kimono Girls were tough in HG. Even though I struggled against them, I managed to beat them on the first try.

Years
  • I haven't played HG or SS yet so can't say on battles, but I enjoyed the story and moments with them when watching a playthrough online. They had such a tiny role in GSC so it was a fine improvement.

Years
    • Online now
    I found them to be incredibly hard to fight. Harder than most of the gyms.

I played Heart Gold after years of getting better at these games, and they were still difficult.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I remember facing them on Gold years ago and found them to be relatively easy. They may have improved them in HG/SS but otherwise they were relatively uneventful. Anime did a far better job than GSC did imo.

Last edited:
    Back