• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least favourites (then and now)

pkmin3033

I like opposite threads, okay? So sue me. Soooo write out your least favourite games, however many you'd like. How does this list compare to how you would have answered a couple of years ago? What made these games stick out in your mind as bad experiences? Have you played anything worse since? Have you replayed something you disliked, only to find that you didn't dislike it as much as you thought?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I... I don't think I've played a game I didn't like? I know there's genres I'm not good at so I naturally avoid... and developer's whose games I won't support (even if I did like their content, Atari), but I don't think I've ever genuinely picked up a random game, completely blind, and played it only to decide it isn't for me. Even the frustrating ones -- looking at you, Oracle of Seasons, were still great fun overall! Moreover, there's just god awful games that I adore ironically, or purely for what they represent (Deadly Premonition & Superman 64 *mwah*). But, let me give it a good think, I'm sure I can come up with something.

- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
    - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
    - Digimon World 2
    - Perfect Dark Zero

Last edited:
    Years
  • This is actually pretty hard to do. I think if I really thought about it and went through my games one by one, I could probably come up with a few but this is way harder than picking favourites off the top of my head. I can say for a long time I've been really critical of FFXII since I hated it the first time I tried it, but that was well over ten years ago now and I feel like when I eventually go back to it I'll probably appreciate it more.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    First two things I can think of are Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. I feel like I'm forgetting something though.

Years
  • Pokemon Dash. I bought this game for my girlfriend a couple of years back, and we were both shocked at how cheap and rushed this game played. Long story short, we sold it very quickly.

Years
  • Ratchet and Clank 2016:
    I won't go overboard with this. It's just plain boring after you 100% the thing and more-so with the Insomniac Museum in it. As there is no cut content, playable ideas or anything of the sort, just junk.

'Sport' games:
    Not to be a jerk to those who enjoy a good game of American Football or regular Football or Baseball or...anything else or just watching it; a sport to me is only fun if you're the one playing it or have been playing it before. Why bother playing a game where you have to manage roster's of player's and their training/stats/trades of them when you could play the game yourself with friends or at the REC Center? Maybe even manage a little League or Pee-Wee league? You could watch your favorite teams on TV even via basic network channels.

The only 'good' Sports game to me is if they do something outside the norm with it like Sega Genesis' Mutant Football or Bloodbowl 1 and 2 on the PC. Backyard Sport's Baseball with all the funky bat's. Super Mario Base Ball, Super Mario's 3 on 3 Basketball, Mario Golf, Mario's Tennis; I can go on with this list, but when you step outside the norm with a sports game for a video game, then it's fun when you can at least use them in an interesting way to achieve certain goals whether it's a basic game or a wild one... At least that's how I feel about them.

RPG Maker Game's made by people that don't try:
    RPG Maker is a spiffy development environment for the average user to make any top-down RPG without having to know a lick of code. Just Pick it up and go, learn as you use; do fun things with it.
    Around the time of RPG Maker's 2k and 2k3 with RPG Maker XP on the rise, folks used it to make their own game's and put literal effort into making game's with them. For 2k and 2k3, you had 'The Way' part's 1-6 with multiple language pack's, A Blurred Line, Destined, Cthullu Save's the world, On a Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Episodes 3 and 4; so on and so forth and these people put some EFFORT into the game's they've made; literal EFFORT, the kind of Effort that would probably make Sega bring them into the company fold of creating games for them if Sega took a look at what they made then.

Then you have folks like Kemco; a publisher who mostly publishes RPG Maker based games and they use the environment's base calculations. They don't add anything or do anything special with the game environment; it's just basic story with a weak twist of a chosen one of sort's here and there and using as little polish as possible while using, in some instances, asset's that can be purchased off of Steam or off of Humble bundle and crammed into each one.... If there's a few that don't do this now, that's fine; I'm more agitated with the earlier published titles.

Years
  • SMB3. I've tried playing it many times and I'm still not a fan of the game. It feels so outdated when compared to later 2D platformer Mario games even though it is seen as a "timeless" game by a lot of people. I don't really like how the game looks too.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Hmm.

Pokemon Dash, definitely is the least fun experience I've had with a video game that's Pokemon related.

Non Pokemon related... can't think of any? But Lux Pain was a game that had a terrible translation which ruined an otherwise interesting game.

Back