• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Souls Series Discussion Thread

Yukari

Yeah the extra final boss doesn't require that you own the DLC. Just that the patch that added him is applied and that you have killed another certain optional boss that I won't spoil.

But then again, if you don't care about spoilers.
    Spoiler:

Also all the items required to access the DLC areas are automatically added to your inventory if you just purchase the DLC. You only have to find them in the Scholar of the First Sin edition. But you have to go to Iron Keep past the primal bonfire to find the location for the Crown of the Old Iron King DLC. The Crown of the Sunken King is past the Primal Bonfire in Black Gulch, and the Crown of the Ivory King is in the Shrine of Winter.

I'd actually go so far as to say that the DLC areas themselves are probably some of the best in the game. They feel a lot closer to the original Dark Souls in tone, which is a good thing in my opinion. The game overall felt a lot more like a High Fantasy game with the "Dark Souls" title slapped on it than the original Dark Souls did.

And on a side note the Fume Knight Ultra Greatsword is my favorite weapon in the game. Just saying.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Yeah the extra final boss doesn't require that you own the DLC. Just that the patch that added him is applied and that you have killed another certain optional boss that I won't spoil.

But then again, if you don't care about spoilers.
    Spoiler:

Also all the items required to access the DLC areas are automatically added to your inventory if you just purchase the DLC. You only have to find them in the Scholar of the First Sin edition. But you have to go to Iron Keep past the primal bonfire to find the location for the Crown of the Old Iron King DLC. The Crown of the Sunken King is past the Primal Bonfire in Black Gulch, and the Crown of the Ivory King is in the Shrine of Winter.

I'd actually go so far as to say that the DLC areas themselves are probably some of the best in the game. They feel a lot closer to the original Dark Souls in tone, which is a good thing in my opinion. The game overall felt a lot more like a High Fantasy game with the "Dark Souls" title slapped on it than the original Dark Souls did.

And on a side note the Fume Knight Ultra Greatsword is my favorite weapon in the game. Just saying.

Oh, does that mean that the extra boss is...
    Spoiler:

Yukari

Oh, does that mean that the extra boss is...
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    For what it's worth, I find the bosses in Crown of the Old Iron King to be more difficult than the other two, if you want to complete that one last. The others were challenging enough, but it's all subjective and dependent on your playstyle. Then again, Ivory King has a really dramatic final boss that's a fitting end, so it might be best to save that for last instead!

Also might be worth noting that there is one short optional "challenge area" for each DLC (two for Old Iron King) with a boss at the end. They're filled with ganks and meant for co-op, but it's possible to do them solo. They might have the worst boss runs in the series... However, it doesn't take too long to memorize how to rush through them (see: roll spam).

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
    Years
  • I really love that DLC. I'm still stuck on The Red Hood, If you know what I mean. I've come up with a rather humorous strategy though.

Basically, I have a pair of Poison Gotthards Twinswords +10 that I use to poison him, then I spend the rest of my time running away and avoiding him, reapplying poison as needed. It's actually a lot of fun. I'm thinking about infusing another pair of Twinswords with Frostbite and using them to attack while he's poisoned.

That aside, did anyone else finish Lapp's quest line?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Are the two DS3 DLCs comparable to DS2's? Does Ringed City make up for the lack of a third DLC? HowLongToBeat says it's twice the length of one DS2 DLC (!!). I might pick them up once I'm done with the base game. It doesn't look like they'll drop in price soon anyway.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So, twin Pursuers in DS2

how do you beat that shit? One Pursuer is easy, two is like idk wtf to do

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Wait where in DS2 do you fight two at the same time?
    It's a NG+ or higher-only thing, and it's not a formal boss fight either, but two of them spawn in the room at the top of the stairs behind Chancellor Welleger in Castle Drangelic.

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
    Years
  • I love how DS2's NG+ actually changes stuff other than damage modifiers

I still remember being terrified when Freja ambushed me before Magus

Sir Codin

50 Strength + Greatsword Level 10 = FUCK EVERYTHING IN DARK SOULS 2

Reactions: Nah
    Back