• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] After 22 Years...

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
  • Like come on we all wished he'd stopped bring the pro; But the writers are soooon going to be "Oh, I've won but I have so much more to learn so I guess I'll restart my Pokemon journey and have Pikachu reset to level 5 and leggo again".

Well he does have a lot more to learn and there are countless regions for him to explore, so I totally get the writers' perspective in wanting to keep Ash's journey moving instead of just stopping now that he's won the Alola League.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • As I mentioned in the other thread...

I feel like this doesn't count because S/M is the worst series of the anime thus far. But what the hell do I know? 😐

Also... to me... this points more towards the 'full reboot with new MC' scenario. Because if not... why do this at all?

I'm sure this will get people to start watching again...

Yeah right

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2019
    I've been waiting for this to happen since I was in Grade school. Although I think Ash should've won the Kalos League in XYZ while he was at his peak. It's more fitting than winning the Alolan League. I hope we get new protagonists for the reboot and a time skip Ash for Sword and Shield anime.

Taste of Tea

Hoenn confirmed
    Years
  • I've been waiting for this to happen since I was in Grade school. Although I think Ash should've won the Kalos League in XYZ while he was at his peak. It's more fitting than winning the Alolan League. I hope we get new protagonists for the reboot and a time skip Ash for Sword and Shield anime.

What good would a new protagonist do if we'd just have to see the same old crap over again with a new character trying to become a Pokemon Master for several years, because that's likely what we'd get? And I'm not seeing what a time skip would accomplish. That kind of thing wouldn't work in a series like this where Ash gets reset constantly, so a time skip probably wouldn't make him any stronger or change him much anyways. :/

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Oookay guys, this isn't the place to discuss new protagonists or things like that; we're in celebration here!! </3

There can be another thread for that, but please keep in topic for this one, mmkay?

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Congrats, Ash/Satoshi-- Yayyy~
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

BUT IT was totally worth it, that also includes the wait.

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Orange Islands was a league win too, Battle Frontier wasn't, BUT he was actually offered a position as a Frontier Brain and declined it to keep travelling! ;3;

This is the first game-based league, so for a LOT of people, it's all they'll acknowledge!

Either way, congratulations, Ash!! I often worried it would only happen at the end of the series or sometimes worried the show would be cancelled before the ending...

Especially with the leagues being such big, highly-competitive events in the anime, it makes sense most Champions are adults and long-time trainers, rarely dethroned. Ash will stand out!!

Hope he meets many more old friends and rivals next series too (Iwane-san mentioned a long time ago, when he drew Champion iris, wanting to draw her like that in the anime! It seemed a distant possibility then, but now... it'd be so cute if Ash and Iris are both Champions, they'd be the youngest, too!!). /slight off-topic, but still mostly on-topic!

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I was pretty shocked to hear this, and even though I took a break and didn't watch S/M, I wanna go watch the final few eps now...

Makes me wonder if they'll also have him win in SWSH, though I really doubt it.

What I don't like is people saying his journey is over now that he's won, like any of us ever stop playing the games just because we all beat the Kanto league when we were younger. lol

Back