• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Mystery Dungeon: The Grand Expedition (T/IC)

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    _pokemon__elly_the_espurr_portrait_by_arylett_charnoa-d9r50ln.png

Elly the Espurr

[@LinearAxel] [@FireSnow] [@Infinite]

Elly grunted thankfully as her new accomplice overturned her. She didn't want to speak too much at this moment, even though there was a LOT she wanted to say. And man, was it a LOT.

And it only became more. Oh her lord, did this sad display beg for some sort of comment. The very one who had poisoned her was the one who had responded to Tahni's plea for a Pecha Berry. The way he stumbled, and then nearly, quite literally, dropped the ball... there were too many thoughts here to even think. Luckily, he undid his screw-up. That seemed to be about the only thing he could do right.

Defiantly, Elly took a large bite out of the berry that had been placed right next to her mouth, slowly feeling the weight of that parasite lifting off her body. She sat up, and consumed the rest of the berry, taking note of the somewhat uneloquent ramblings of the Spinda. Although she still felt a bit weary, the symptoms of the poison had pretty much left near instantaneously. She turned to face the babbling creature right.

"I'll be fine. One Pecha Berry's always enough. Any more would be a waste of time and resources," Once again, she had responded rather plainly.

Turning her attentions away from the Spinda (he was going to go back to camp, after all), she set her piercing gaze directly on the Trubbish.

"What you did was irresponsible and stupid! The risk of hitting us was really high, and yet you still chose to do it... but from what I've seen, you seem like a weight to the team that just makes too many mistakes! Improve that, or you'll continue to be useless. Do you want to be useless?! If you do, then you should just leave right now," The Espurr chastised the Trubbish rather thoroughly and harshly, gave him one more glare, and then directed her attentions back to Tahni.

"I heard what that Kirlia said... we've got a Scyther to catch, don't we? No more time to be wasting on me and my weak mistakes. I'll be better. I won't be like that Trubbish," Her tone still carried the harsh passion of her spiel, but there was an obvious hint of disappointment in her expression. That sadness she had felt before could not so easily be replaced by anger. Elly didn't want to be useless like him, and she wouldn't. She wouldn't allow it.

The Espurr trekked across the bridge towards Gallant. No more wasting time. She chose a path from one of the many forking ones and determinedly marched forth.

Last edited:

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
    Years
  • TahniDay One

Tahni2_zpsjramauqe.png
    Tahni was about this close to shooting off a round of embers at that pompous Golett. What a jerk, thinking it can just decide it's going to be the leader, especially after it already proved that it had no self control. Yes, that's exactly what they need, a leader that barrels straight over trees and gives away their position. Jerk. Ugh...she only decided to keep her mouth shut so Gallant could tell him off on his own. It would mean more coming from Gallant. It would sting more...hopefully.

Plus, that arrogant walking bucket is the least of her worries with Elly in this condition. Fortunately her request for a Pecha berry was granted in seconds, the little Trubbish coming to their aide as fast as his little legs could carry him...until he totally blew it by falling and heaving the berry off the side of a cliff. Really? Really?! As the berry goes sailing over the side, so goes the Trubbish, in a scene that would be hilarious if her new friend wasn't suffering for it.

The entire time the idiot is thrashing around in the water, Tahni sits protectively over Elly (on the off chance another Beedril comes by), her tail beats angrily against the ground in protest. If she thought for a second Trubbish wouldn't accidentally punt Elly off the side of the bridge, she would go get another berry herself. If only. Eventually the walking garbage does manage to get itself out of the water, and even managed to save the berry. That would have been impressive...had it not been his own failings that caused the thing to go over the river in the first place...and his poison wasn't the entire reason they needed the berry. So, really, after completely blowing it, he maybe made up for a fourth of it, bringing his overall score up to a negative seventy-five. Wow. He's more pathetic than she gave him credit for.

It wasn't until Elly got up that Tahni even took notice of the Spinda. Apparently he said something about needing another berry...then just teetered off. O-kay. That happened. She sighs, shaking her head, as if she can shake away the amount of nonsense she just encountered. The little lion rises as Elly marches her way over to the garbage back. Once again she finds herself in a situation where she would be grinning with pride at the tongue lashing her new friend was giving out...if she wasn't so angry at Trubbish for nearly killing her, so instead she just stands behind the Espurr, her tail continuing to swish dangerously.

"Yeah." She nods when Elly turns back to her. "By the time we get to it you'll be back to normal." The loss of energy she took from the poison would replenish itself as they walked. For now, though, the little lion is going to stick by her cat friend, just in case something pops up between now and her complete restoration. Her angered tail calms as she walks across the bridge, side by side with her fellow cat.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon​

King the Tyrunt

tyrunt.gif

With the help of his guildmates, the opponents were finally fended off. King liked to think that he did a lot to help in fending off the Beedrills and the Poliwhirls, unlike the Trubbish who just almost poisoned the whole guild. Gallant did quick work of the other opponents just like that.

"Fan out recruits. The attacker who took the treasure and set the trap must be around here somewhere..." Gallant said. King took this as another chance to prove himself. With his trusty Fire Fang, the Bug-type thief will stand no chance. Of course, those too hurt to battle was sent back to camp to get healed up. He saw some others, even though their damage was minimal, join the group back to camp. He even saw the Spinda go. Although a little erratic, the Spinda was a good battler.

"Don't worry, Gallant. You lead them back to base, and I'll take over from here. That nasty green bug's got another thing coming if he thinks he can wrassle with Russell!" King snapped his head in shock. Who dared talk to Gallant like that? He saw a Golurk, the Golurk who was previously rolling around smashing trees. King couldn't help approach the two.

"If there's someone who will take over, I think it should be me. You're just rolling around and breaking trees. I don't think someone like that could lead this group. Maybe it's better if you accompany the sick ones back to camp. Gallant is good to go with this expedition."

The Grand Expedition​

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • After being out for the count, Dávalos awoke in one of the buildings, which he recognized as the infirmary. His awakening was rudely interjected by a close up of a sudden Mr. Mime. Startled by the Mr. Mime's violation of personal space, Dávalos was taken aback and scooted back to the edge of his cot. Doctor Mime rubbed his hands together and giggled.

"Sorry there, didn't mean to startle you, little buddy. I just wanted to check up on you. You took quite a spill there. It seems that you weren't harmed too badly there, but just to be sureeeee~"

Doctor Mime then proceeded to begin to do another thorough physical examination, weirding out the miffed Fennekin. After uncomfortably squirming for the duration of it, Dávalos wondered if all doctors were like this (seeing as how all his medical needs were fulfilled by a friend of his father, a Banette) or if it was just this particular doctor. When Doctor Mime finished reexamining Dávalos, the doctor called over to Nurse Smoochum and said "How are we coming along with our other patient?"

The nurse giggled and said, "Just fine, boss! A bit groggy, but still aaaaaaa-okay."

Turning back to Dávalos, the Doctor gave a hearty (and in his mind, patronizing) pat on his head. "It is so fortunate that our precious little Fennekin arrived with no serious injuries. I just hope that you'll take better care of yourself next time. We wouldn't want anything too bad to happen to our beautiful Dávalos!"

After being released from the infirmary with a final, uncomfortable hug from Doctor Mime and a kiss from Nurse Smoochum, Dávalos walked listlessly out of the infirmary towards the general direction of where the bridge was. Of course, it's not as if Dávalos didn't flop every now and again (the infamous Winding Hill incident comes to mind); it's that he had a smothering mother to fall back on and a father who could laugh it off. It occurred to Dávalos that he was a bit lonely at the top. After all, what's the fun of being so great if he flopped in front of the people he wanted to be friends with? With these uncharacteristically serious and depressing thoughts, Dávalos went back to his domicile, an orange tent with a handmade sign reading "Dávalos The Great!" posted on the side, and lay in it, lamenting on how things could have gone better and how someone so great as he could have so fundamentally screwed up.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years

• 75de3c21e1dab4113036311bd9003c4faa8d3cfb_hq.jpg

TREY

Trey was in shock. He had just been verbally berated by Elly and he could sense Tahni felt the same way. "You seem like a weight to the team that just makes too many mistakes" Elly had said in her rage. Trey didn't know what to do. He didn't mean to put everyone in danger. He was just trying to help. This was worse than anything Bronzong could say. These were his peers, the ones that he thought of as friends. Not knowing what to do after the verbal assault and with the tears beginning to come back, Trey did the only thing he could think of. He ran. He ran across the bridge and down one of the pathways. He didn't care where he ended up but he couldn't go back to the group. With the tears coming full force now, Trey made his way deeper into the forest and dungeon.

After a bit of running, Trey finally slowed to a walk and found a large rock to sit on. After a couple minutes of struggling to climb it, he reached the top and sat there. He played over the previous events that had transpired in his head. It seemed everyone thought he was useless. Gallant probably even thought that way even if he did give him an approving nod. Was he a weight on the team? Was he holding them back from their goals? Should he just quit the guild and go back to his previous life as a petty criminal? Trey thought back to those days and how sad he was during them. He had never really known his parents so a life on the streets was all he ever knew. Then that one fateful day when he was being chased by the police and running into Bronzong changed his life forever. From that point on Trey had someone he could look up to as a parental figure. Though at the beginning he was just a houseboy essentially, he took pride in his job, even if he did screw up. Bronzong always told him just to learn from his mistakes and improve from the experience but never lose what made him who he was, Trey was always going to be a klutz. He just needed to learn how to use that to his advantage. Trey never understood this though. He always tried to learn from it but kept screwing up and making everyone around him upset. But never Bronzong.

Trey thought about this as he sat there on his rock. The tears had finally subsided but not his sadness. He knew everyone was right about his lack of thinking and clumsiness. He didn't know any other way to act though. He always tried to do what was right but something always seemed to go wrong. Trey just couldn't win and he was beginning to think he never would. Wouldn't it just be better for him to quit the guild and just live out here? He knew the area pretty well and could make himself a nice living. Trey was beginning to warm to this idea when the thought of Bronzong flashed into his head again. Bronzong, the one who put his own skin on the line to vouch to the police that he would take care of Trey and turn him around. Bronzong, the one who had always been there for him when he screwed up, no matter how badly. He may have been upset and yelled a little bit but he was always quick to encourage Trey and offer him advice. Bronzong, the one true role model Trey had in his life. He couldn't let Bronzong down. With that in mind, Trey determinedly got up and stood on his rock. Trey knew he was a screw up but that was what made him who he was and that would never change. What could change though was his attitude about it. If he kept letting it hold him back, he would never take the next step he needed to make. Proudly, he jumped off the rock and made his way towards the end of the dungeon. That was when the crying Buneary appeared from the brush and collapsed in front of Trey.

"Help me...Please..."

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years

• leafeon1.gif

Side Quest 1:
    Fight on, Leafeon!

Mandel was knocked harshly against the outer wall of the cave, his leafy tail sparkled a little with the distinctive shiny trait as he tucked it between his legs in fear. A huge, hulking brute stood over him... a green collar clutched in his claw. The shining iron visage of the pokémons body rivalled that of a shiny, but the luster present was still second rate compared to the natural allure of an off coloured pokémon. The plating looked like it had been polished so persistently however, that it almost resembled a mirror.

"Little shinies like you shouldn't wander into side paths like this... might be dangerous. Ha!" The menacing and overwhelming presence shook its head sadly.

"This ain't worth my time to be honest... I ain't willing to finish off a weakling like you. This item, it's a virid collar right?" The pokémon held the item and its claw up to the light. It was a green collar made of leaves, it had a green aura radiating from it... exuding great power. This was a powerful item meant specifically for Leafeon.

"I think I'll take this... and you too. I'm sure between the two of you I'll get a nice price. Heh, I'd better make sure the boss doesn't realize though... I don't like the idea of him knowing I didn't go through with the job for some quick cash."

The shining steel pokémon reached down and grabbed the Leafeon. Who started to scream in fear. "L-Let me go! Someone help me! Please! Anybody!"

The larger pokémon laughed manically. "That's funny kid... nobody ever comes out to this neck of the woods. I think you'd best shut up before I change my mind about letting you walk away from this with minimal harm."

"Squawk! Squawk! Cooey!"

The steel type jumped a little and looked up to the sky, where a pidove had taken flight. Had the small bird been watching everything that transpired? No matter. The pokémon knew that there was nobody around for miles in this area. Not normally, anyway. No help would come for this little Leafeon now. With a slight grin, the bulky bully watched the pidove fly away.

Aggron.png

"My lucky day... heh..." Slinging the Leafeon, kicking and screaming over his shoulder, the large Aggron proceeded to march purposefully into the dark cave. His sadistic grin only spreading.

The Pidove was exhausted... but it only flew faster and faster. That Leafeon was in great danger... it was his duty to try and get some help. Any help... the pokémon in a mystery dungeon were never friendly, but he had to try! The cave was on the East side of the River Belle Path and he couldn't see anyone who could help...

Until he saw the Camp. Divebombing for the tents and fixtures he crashed into the ground and bumped and bruised a little in panic. Standing up weakly on his two claws in the middle of the main campsite, he flapped his wings aggressively and started calling out for anyone who would listen.

"Please! Please! Somebody anybody, you've gotta help you've gotta!" The pidove felt tears coming as he was overwhelmed by his traumatic experience.

"To the Easternmost side of the dungeon! There's a side path! A cave! A huge metal pokémon grabbed an innocent Leafeon! He's dragging him to the depths and I don't know what he's gonna do but it isn't good! He took the Leafeons precious and most valuable item and he says he's going to pawn it off! Is there anybody there?! Please?!"

Crescent Moon

Ready? Here we go...
    Years
  • Vio felt really good drinking that Pecha Berry juice. Two empty glasses were on the bar behind her, and she was halfway through her 3rd glass. 'I should probably stop drinking these' Vio thought to herself as she took another sip. It was then that she heard someone yelling outside.
    "Please! Please! Somebody! Anybody! You've gotta help, you've gotta!" Vio heard. The voice then continued, "To the Easternmost side of the dungeon! There's a side path with a cave! A huge metal Pokemon grabbed an innocent Leafeon!" The voice continued, but Vio stopped listening. She quickly chugged the rest of her drink, and slammed the glass on the bar behind her. "Alright. Time to get to work!" Vio thanked Kricketot, and quickly left the bar, starting at a fast walk, and then speeding up to a very quick paced run. She sped by multiple Pokemon, but paid no attention to them as she was determined to go save the captured Leafeon.
    'East of the dungeon, side path, cave' was all that went through Vio's mind as she ran.

After a few minutes of exploring/running through the dungeon, Vio found the side path and quickly ran down it, hoping she wouldn't be too late to save the poor Pokemon. Luckily, the cave wasn't too far in, and Vio was soon in front of the entrance. She hesitated before going in, knowing that charging in would be reckless and foolish. She stopped and took a deep breath, and headed inside the dark cave, prepared to handle whatever might be thrown at her.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • After moping in his tent for an hour, staring at all the Mysterios posters that he hung in his tent that lauded the mystique and talent of him, his mom and dad, Dávalos dragged himself out of the tent and prepared to brush up on some techniques to get him out of his funk when he heard the cry of a frantic Pokemon.

"Please! Please! Somebody anybody, you've gotta help, you've gotta!"

Not one to ignore such a frantic and gut-wrenching plea, Dávalos perked up and dashed out of the tent to the sound of a small and traumatized Pidove towards the middle of the campsite. With tears in its eyes, the Pidove quivered, "To the Easternmost side of the dungeon! There's a side path! A cave! A huge metal Pokémon grabbed an innocent Leafeon! He's dragging him to the depths and I don't know what he's gonna do but it isn't good! He took the Leafeon's precious and most valuable item and he says he's going to pawn it off! Is there anybody there?! Please?!"

Dávalos, wishing to assuage the poor Pidove's plight, went up to him and proclaimed, "Fear not, my child. Someone as great as I will see that this metal monster will receive his comeuppance! For you see…" Dávalos trailed off as he saw a blur of a Pokemon dashing from out of The Kricket Inn. Being unusually colored and timed with the initial call to action, the Pokemon caught his eye immediately as a fellow guild member. Not wasting time in questioning how there was still guild members left behind, Dávalos dashed after the shiny Pokemon, sincerely hoping it was not too late for the poor Leafeon fellow.

Having caught up with the Chikorita, he panted, turned to her, and asked, being rather out of breath, "Are you here for that Leafeon chap? We've got to do some drastic action! Quickly now, we must vanquish evil and save the innocent!"

Years

• 1ocrJeL.jpg

Russell

The sound of heavy footsteps caught Russell's attention as the blue Tyrunt approached. "If there's someone who will take over, I think it should be me. You're just rolling around and breaking trees. I don't think someone like that could lead this group. Maybe it's better if you accompany the sick ones back to camp. Gallant is good to go with this expedition."

"Me?!" Russell turned to face King incredulously. "Gallant used so much energy he's huffing and puffing, while I'm still hale and hearty! There's a bad bug in there who's gonna get a taste of my fist, whether you like it or not."

He wasn't one to pick fights (actually, he was, but not with words), but this Tyrunt wasn't gonna push him around. "And what makes you think you're leader material? A leader acts, he doesn't just follow along kissing up to the boss." He hooked his thumb back to point at Gallant. "At least I came up with a plan. You just strolled over and called yourself the leader, even if Gallant stays. That's kinda arrogant, don't you think?"

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years

• gastly_by_raiba_art-d4vcv70.png

Gosu the Gastly

"Please! Please! Somebody anybody, you've gotta help you've gotta!"

"Hm?" Gosu mumbled as he opened his eyes. He had been listening to the sounds of the camp in his ghostly slumber. "Oh hello there! You're awake!" Doctor mime cheered. "Yippee!" Nurse Smoochum giggled from another bed. "You're little friend took off a little while ago." Doctor mime explained as he caught Gosu's gaze wandering from bed to bed. "Ah I see. Well then..." Gosu responded while floating out of the bed. "I had best be off, I wouldn't want to waste any more of you're time Doctor." Gosu muttered while floating away. "Alright! We hope to see you again!" Doctor Mime exclaimed while waving. "What a terrible thing to say in a hospital." Gosu thought to himself.

He felt much better now, possibly even stronger than before. Gosu could sense Davalos' life energy sparking much brighter than it had been before. "Glad the kids alright." Gosu mumbled to himself while floating along. "Now then, I do believe the pokemon who called for help is somewhere around..." Gosu stopped as he realized that the pokemon in question was a small pidove, crying about a Leafeon whom had been attacked in a small offshoot cave in the mystery dungeon. "Are you alright child?" Gosu asked the little bird. "P-please, help Leafeon in the dungeon... P-please!" The Pidove cried, obviously freaked out. "Have no fear, I will venture into the dungeon and make sure this Leafeon is rescued safe and sound, or my name isn't Gosu Von Gastly. Okay well technically its not, but don't mind the details." Gosu laughed cheerfully as he floated off to find the others whom were going to rescue the Leafeon.

"Time for another foray into the mystery dungeon. I only hope this one ends in a less painful manner." Gosu muttered to himself as he approached the Chikorita and the Fennekin. "Hello boys. I do hope you're not planning on having an adventure without me..." Gosu called out to the other pokemon.

Spoiler: Adventure bag

berry03.png
    1 x Pecha berry

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018

porygon__pokemon__vector_by_paradox550-d6jfug9.png

Shape the Porygon

"To the easternmost side of the dungeon! There's a side path! A cave! A huge metal pokemon grabbed an innocent Leafeon! He's dragging him to the depths and I don't know what he's going to do but it isn't good!"

"UGH... WHAT?" Shape asked groggily. It took Shape a couple of seconds to process the words spoken before realizing the severity of the situation.
    "I'M COMING!" the Porygon exclaimed. It didn't even process that it had overslept and that most of the guild members were missing from the camp.
    Shape managed to listen to the tail end of a conversation between a Pidove and one of the guild members, Gosu the Gastly. It didn't hear everything they said, but it managed to hear Gosu saying, "...and make sure this Leafeon is rescued safe and sound, or my name is not Gosu Von Gastly. Well technically it's not, but nevermind the details." Shape managed to get into view of the Gastly out of the corner of its eye, but quckly went out of sight. Shape spotted the Pidove a few moments later.
    "WAS GOSU HEADED TOWARD THE DUNGEON TO RESCUE LEAFEON? WOULD YOU MIND POINTING TO WHERE HE WENT?" Shape asked. Shivering, the Pidove pointed the direction that Gosu went.
    "THANK YOU, PIDOVE." Shape replied, then headed toward the direction pointed.

It took a short while, but Shape arrived where guild members Gosu, Davalos, and Vio were stationed.
    "HEY EVERYONE. I ASSUME WE ARE ALL HERE TO RESCUE THE LEAFEON? WELL, WE SHOULD GET TO IT." Shape stated to all the pokemon.

(OOC: Sorry if my first post is shorter than it could be.)

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon​

King the Tyrunt

tyrunt.gif

"At least I came up with a plan. You just strolled over and called yourself the leader, even if Gallant stays. That's kinda arrogant, don't you think?" The Golett said, unbelieving of what King mentioned. King was not too back down on the verbal confrontation, however.

"Where did I mention that? I just said that if ever Gallant leaves, I'm the one most capable of leading the team. If he didn't, then it's all fine," King rolled his eyes. He thought Goletts were more capable of thinking, but apparently they're not. "Besides, I came from a long line of Tyrantrum, royal Pokemon known to rule the land. Whose to say I am not raised to be a leader?" He was not of course, as he was raised to be the technical advisor to a king, his eldest brother, but these guys don't need to know that. This was his turf and he has been here for almost ten months now. He doesn't need Russell to show him that he is better than him.

"Can we just please do what Gallant says now?"

The Grand Expedition​

Crescent Moon

Ready? Here we go...
    Years
  • Vio was prepared for anything as she stepped into the cave. Well, until a Fennekin showed up behind her, scaring her to near death. As soon as she heard him, she turned and readied a Razor Leaf to be thrown at the stranger. Luckily for the Fennekin, Vio listened to him before deciding whether to attack or not. The fire fox quickly made its point that it was trying to help, and Vio eased up a little. 'Well, maybe I could use some support on this mission' Vio thought to herself.

As soon as Vio was about to say something, a Gastly appeared, also stating that he wanted to accompany the duo to help save the Leafeon. And right after that, a Porygon, that Vio personally thought could use a lesson in voice control, appeared, also wanting to help. Vio sighed, 'at least they seem reliable in a fight'. She looked at them, and spoke. "Hello, fellow guild members. I'm Vio. But there's not too much time for introductions. Quickly! We have to save that poor Leafeon!" Vio said. She then turned and started walking at a somewhat quick pace into the cave, cautious of what else might pop up. Whether it be friend or foe, Vio felt more reassured as she now had a supporting team.

Jay

Years

• IJLvyTR.png

Gallant the Kirlia

"I believe King is right... enough of this." Gallant stepped forward, he had been ignoring the two pokémons squabbles for the most part, however now it was starting to grate on him a little bit. Their joined arrogance only proved their inexperience.

"In truth, neither of you are fit to leave, even in my absence. You are but novices, this is your first time on an expedition. We're not sitting cozy in Haven anymore... if you fall out here and nobody is here to save you then you die, or you become mad and enraged like every other pokémon in here. The more we move the further we stray from the safety of the guild halls, the more dangerous the locales get and the stronger our opponents become." Gallant scoffed.

"So if we get to the point... where we're surrounded by impossible odds, all of our exits blocked... and in what seems like a hopeless situation where all we can do is lay down and die? Well then, if I am unfit to lead then I'm sure one of you two as you are... would be capable of taking your team, saving their lives and bringing everyone home safely?" Gallant shook his head slowly.

"I fear your arrogance may aid you both in missing the point... so it might be best you simply do not answer that." He frowned and gave a light sigh. "I understand you are both eager... but neither of you are fit to lead yet, it is mine and your guildmasters job on this trip to change that aspect and mold you into proper leaders. You both have potential, but a true leader isn't a figurehead of monarchy, but a servant to the protection of his subjects. Especially out here in the wild. Remember that."

Gallant left them with that, he may have gotten a little dramatic, but he had wanted to teach them a lesson. If they were smart, they would listen.

There was another matter of scolding to address... as Gallant watched Trey run off into the bushes alone after receiving abuse from Elly and an aura of disapproval from Tahni. As they walked off down one of the paths he shot them a harsh message through his telepathy, something he had already sensed that Elly found... unpleasant.

"It may be worth noting, that Trey managed to take out one of our attackers single-handedly... without any assistance... and also without leaving himself totally open for attacks and having to have his life saved, unlike some of us. He also made a direct announcement to everyone to cover their noses. Maybe if some of us were not so caught up in our selfish bloodlust, then we might have heard him better. Do not dare scold him for your incompetence, Elly."

Gallant directed his words to the other cat pokémon then.

"And you Tahni, you shouldn't blindly follow the emotions and examples set by someone else... ganging up on Trey when he tried his best and even risked his life to save Elly afterwards... You should have known better. Bronzong will be informed of the incident between you three. It is not my place to pass a final judgment on this issue."

Gallant retreated his mental presence back to his own mind and turned back to the guild members whom were still around.

"Come then... we have an opponent to dispatch."

Walking down the middle path, it didn't take Gallant all that long to arrive at the end of the dungeon, alongside any of the guild recruits that had been following him. It was a large grassy clearing... it seemed many of the rivers converged here and they formed a natural moat around the round, green plateau. At the far side of the area was a rushing waterfall, where it looked like many of the rivers flowed out into the ocean. This looked like the perfect place to bring an end to a beginning... yet there was seemingly nothing here.

Or was there? Beyond the presence. Gallant sensed a presence... something was there and it was very powerful. Indeed, it almost seemed like it was waiting for him and the others to arrive.

"I was growing tired of waiting. You know..."

Suddenly, a blur of green rose up from beyond the crashing water, flying above the mouth of the waterfall and onto the green arena was a bug type with speed to match pokémon half its size. It had a piercing and old scar crossing over its right eye, holding it shut... while the left eye shone a deep yellow colour. Attached to its hip by a vine was the sprakling treasure from before. A mysterious crystalline shard that glowed with a soft purple essence.

A prism shard! So that was the treasure of this place!

"Who are you?! Why are you interfering with out operation?!" Gallant boomed the words directly into the Scyther's mind, demanding answers.

"Who am I? Well... who are you? That's the question that should be asked..."

Gallant gritted his teeth and the insolent response and held an arm out threateningly.

"I don't have time for backwards questions and spoken riddles. You will hand over that treasure immediately and as an attacker and outlaw of innocent pokémon you will accompany us for arrest."

The Scyther grinned and gave an uncaring shrug. "Is that right? Is that what I'm gonna do?" It shook its head, almost disappointed. "I'm afraid I had different plans. I'll just cut you lot down here... and then I can get out of here scott free. Sounds like a much better idea to me."

The Scyther focussed and his body began to physically vibrate... until it slowly start to split in half. Like amoeba it seemed to... multiply. Until not one but, five Scythers stood before the group.

Gallant took a small step back... was this some... advanced form of double team?! He had never seen anything like this before. What was going on?!

He steeled himself however, as his open eye began to glow a signature psychic purple.

One of the scythers charged forward and Gallant barely managed to dodge an aggressive fury cutter. The speed of the attack was unreal... but Gallant wasn't about to give up. Taking a deep breath he lets out a vicious cry in the form of disarming voice, launching the Scyther clone back and causing it to flicker a little, like an image on a screen. Does that mean they could be dispersed completely?!

Falling back slightly and calling the guild members to his side. He shouts a command.

"Come everyone! We take this fool out and not only do we get the treasure... but a safe route through the dungeon for the guild to pass along! Now give it your all!

Jay

Years

• leafeon1.gif

Mandel the Leafeon

"L-Let me gooo!" Mandel the Leafeon continued to struggle under the harsh grip of the large Aggron. But the huge steel type refused to let go.

"You're an annoying little runt you know that?! Don't you get that you're screwed?!" The Aggron re-adjusted itself awkwardly and the Leafeon saw it's chance... a chink in the large pokémons armor. It was just large enough, for a single seed. Mandel flicked his head gently and a single seed flung out from his head, slipping between the small opening in Aggrons armor... before exploding violently!

"W-What the...?! GRAH!" The right shoulder-piece of Aggrons armor was launched off and slid across the ground and he let out an incredibly aggressive and pained roar as the Leafeon was dropped to the ground and sprinted as fast as its legs could carry it in the opposite direction.

"You little.... AGH! GET BACK HERE!"

The cries would echo sonorously through the halls of the large cave as well as the pitter patter of tiny woodland feet being overwhelmed by the great blasting sound of heavy iron footprints carving into the caves floor. Each step was fueled by a hyper aggressive rage and desire to kill... and even those standing at the mouth of the cave would be blind not to hear it.

Mandel screeched to a sudden stop however as a large wall was all he met at what sedto be the end of the cave. There was a large treasure chest present but... it seemed to have been emptied long before hand. Behind him... he could hear the now enraged Aggron slowly approaching, his breath ragged and his eyes bloodshot with the pain of having his armor forcefully ripped off.

"You know what kid?" He said hoarsely, pain and anger flowing through his breath.

"I WAS going to let you live but... Not gonna lie..." He took another stomp forward and roared.

"REALLY not feeling it anymore!!!"

Mandel shuddered in fear and in desperation, gave one last cry as the Aggron prepared for a final charge.

"H-Help me!"

Crescent Moon

Ready? Here we go...
    Years
  • Things were happening almost too quickly for Vio. While the supporting Pokemon were a pleasant surprise, the loud, ominous footsteps surely weren't. They seemed to echo loudly, implying that the origin of the steps came from deeper inside the cave. Vio broke into a sprint, charging to where the sound was, leaving the others behind, and only slowing once she heard some yelling accompanying the louder footsteps. Vio soon came across a room where she saw a large Pokemon about to charge at a smaller Pokemon.

Vio quickly ran in, and wrapped a vine around one of the larger Pokemon's legs, causing it to trip and fall as it began to charge. Then, it happened all too quickly. The smaller Pokemon, Leafeon, moved out of surprise, causing a twinkle to happen due to his shiny nature, which did not go unnoticed by Vio. The larger Pokemon, whom Vio didn't know the name to, got up and looked at Vio with enraged and bloodthirsty eyes. Vio quickly put two and two together. "You're telling me… You kidnapped this Leafeon, because it was shiny?" Vio started in a cold voice. " Who… Do you think… You are?!" Vio soon began yelling. Unbeknownst to her, a green aura began to surround Vio, filling her with power. "I won't let this one slide!"

Vio began lashing her vines at the large metal Pokemon, which seemed to do some damage. The large Pokemon then used Roar, sending Vio flying, resulting in her crashing into the wall behind her. Vio got up, still fueled by her rage. 'Where are the others?' Vio thought to herself. Unfortunately, Vio shouldn't have thought anything, because the large Pokemon now hovered over Vio, and readied a Metal Claw attack. The Pokemon then swung at Vio.

Using a vine to push herself out of the way, Vio was only grazed in the attack, a thin cut appearing on her midsection. Vio took a couple steps back, and actually looked at her opponent. His left shoulder seemed to have a large crack on his shoulder and a smaller crack on his head. Vio also hadn't noticed it at first, but this Pokemon's metallic parts seemed… Shiny. Not shiny like Vio or the Leafeon, but as if it was polished for days on end. This served to fuel Vio's rage even more. "You stupid wannabe!" Vio yelled out while throwing a few Razor Leaves at the damaged Pokemon. The large Pokemon, however, seemed to have a lot of stamina, and still stood its ground after those two assaults from Vio. Then, in an almost sickening irony, the large Pokemon used Harden to up its defensive capabilities. Vio realized she would need some help, so she yelled out, "Help, fellow guild members! I found them!"

Vio then smirked at the metal Pokemon, knowing it wouldn't be too long before reinforcements would come charging in.

Reactions: Jay
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018

250px-137Porygon.png

Shape the Porygon

"Help fellow guild members! I found them!"

The Chikorita seemed to have gone up ahead, and found our culprits. It was no surprise too. The loud noises that were loud footsteps were impossible not to go unnoticed. Hearing the cry for support, Shape ran into the cave.

Thankfully, the cave was one straight path, so even though the cave was really dark, Shape didn't get lost. A few moments later, it came to a screeching halt as Shape came across a wide open area. This is where Shape noticed a weird looking leaf pokemon, Vio, and a pokemon with huge armor around. It was very clear that this armored up pokemon was the big bad pokemon that kidnapped this leafy pokemon. Shape came in time to see the armored pokemon getting pelted by Razor Leafs, though Shape noticed that it seemed to do little damage. The armored up pokemon still stood strong, and actually started to get stronger when it started using Harden.
    "WE MIGHT BE IN FOR A LONG FIGHT. SHINY LEAF POKEMON, COULD YOU HELP US BATTLE TOO?"
    Shape was astonished by how much it was actually communicating to other pokemon; However there was a pokemon in danger, so sometimes you just gotta talk to get things done. NOw, instead of just being all talk, Shape released a Psybeam attack at the large metal pokemon. The ray of psychic light traveled in the air on its way to meet the metal pokemon. It connected cleanly onto the pokemon, and while it did not seem to do much damage, it clearly disrupted his hardening. Looking at the metal pokemon, he seemed even angrier then when Shape originally came in here.
    "IF WE ALL WORK TOGETHER, WE CAN BEAT THIS OPPONENT!" Shape cried out. The metal pokemon however, took no heed of Shape's talking, and stomped up to the Porygon. You could see the hatred in the pokemon's eyes for having its work disturbed. He then unleashed a massive Metal Claw which directly hit Shape, who slid back pretty far away.
    "IS THAT ALL YOU GOT? FIGHT ME!" Shape said, and used Conversion 2. Shape was now a water type. Now in a more comfortable position, being a water type, despite being damaged, Shape took a better look at the opponent. Shape noticed the same things that Vio noticed; the metal pokemon had a huge chunk of armor gone from his right shoulder. DID THE LEAF POKEMON DO THAT? Shape wondered. However, Shape's nonsense in not battling and instead talking and thinking got him hurt again when the metal pokemon used another Metal Claw at the Porygon. Shape slid back a tad, but thanks to the water typing, not much damage was taken. But it wasn't over yet. The metal pokemon stomped one of his feet. Shape looked up, and saw a huge pile of rocks directly above him about to come down straight on top of him...

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • Letting Vio take the lead in finding the Leafeon, Dávalos only had to wait a minute or so before she heard Vio shout, "Help, fellow guild members! I found them!" Following immediately after that curious Porygon that made Dávalos wince as Shape's voice seemed to lack a volume control, he joined his compatriots in arms. Seeing that the opponent, a large and fearsome Aggron, seemed to have mercilessly picked on the poor shiny Leafeon, seemed to have ignited something within Dávalos. Believing that he was a magician who, despite his flashy antics and amazing tricks, would be the sort of Fennekin to stand up for those not as fortunate to be like Dávalos, a successful individual and (in his mind) powerful battler, as part of taking on the mantle of being part of this illustrious guild. Seeing that this Aggron, a bully who has beseeched and threatened the poor Leafeon, Dávalos, with a cold glint in his eyes and a new set of theatrics, Dávalos shouted over to the Aggron, "Hey, what's it to you to pick on poor and defenseless Pokemon, huh?! You think you're so tough picking on the helpless? How about you come hither and attempt to put down the great Dávalos?!"

The Aggron, not appreciating its pride being insulted so blatantly, seethed with anger as it attempted to fend off attacks by the Porygon and pissed Chikorita. Locking on to its new target, Dávalos took a deep breath as he spit an Ember attack at the Aggron from the other side of the cave. Enraged by the small fire fox, the Aggron took its focus away from the Porygon and Chikorita as Dávalos saw that the Aggrpn was barreling down on him, ready for a Metal Claw attack. However, just as it appeared as if the Aggron was about to hit him, Dávalos surprised him by adorning a tattered piece of cloth that he had found nearby, waved it and seemingly disappeared. Taking advantage of the Aggron's confusion, the little Fennekin emerged from the Aggron's left and delivered a mean Flamethrower attack. Seeing that the Aggron was weakened, it slowed down slightly but appeared twice as pissed off. With this, the Aggron stomped and caused a bunch of rocks to crumble from above whilst battling the Porygon. In a state of desperation, Dávalos launched a Psybeam to slow the rocks down and to crumble them into tinier pieces to minimize damage. The Psybeam landed and sent the rocks away from Vio, Dávalos and Shape, effectively saving them.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023

@Deceptio

Elly had started wandering off not just five minutes ago, when she felt something like an unpleasant worm drilling itself into her mind. It was him again.

This time, she merely scoffed and shook her head at each of his assessments. Clearly, he had no idea what he was talking about. She hissed and screeched in response to these inaccurate words, up until he had reached the part when the Kirlia had stated that Trey had warned them. That idiot believed that she had been distracted with bloodlust... this was the part of his spiel that hit her the hardest, with a mixture of too many feelings for her to properly discern. But the most vivid was anger, anger that he clearly knew nothing about her in spite of his mental intrusions, and anger at herself for getting so caught up in her rage that she didn't hear that Trubbish's warning.

The Espurr was about to send him a telepathic response of her own in her seething rage, but she stopped herself at the last moment. She wouldn't stoop to his inconsiderate level. Later, she would set things right. In person, not like some coward who couldn't be bothered to use his actual vocal cords. And explain to Brozong the true situation, not the flawed impressions of Gallant.

@LinearAxel

Instead, she gazed at Tahni, trying to keep her cool for the moment. It was immensely difficult; her ears were practically cutting into her forehead. But she would allow some of that passion spill into her words.

"Don't listen to that idiot! You barely said but one word to that Trubbish, so... you're not the one to blame. I'll take the responsibility, the trash will take the responsibility, but not you!" That was all she could bear to say as she marched on, focusing intently on finding some unlucky victim to thrash her rage upon.

And then that pompous idiot dared to enter her mind space again. That was it, she couldn't take it any more.

She charged wildly through the path, not caring about where she was going. A trail of psychic energy flooded behind her. The Espurr continued until she reached the site of Gallant and the five Scythers. Opening her ears slightly, she unleashed a small burst of psychic energy. The Confusion made contact with one of them, causing its image to flicker as though it hadn't really existed.

"Enough of your tricks! Fight... for REAL!" Growled the feline, as she unleashed a torrent of Confusions in every direction she could find one of these buzzing, flying menaces. Not one of them seemed to make contact with a real Scyther, the facsmilies flickering maddeningly at her... but one was flickering continuously, unstably...

Elly targeted that one immediately, and shot another psychic burst at it. As usual, it went through the illusion and it started flickering wildly. It kept flickering... flickering... and then it finally disappeared.

Last edited:

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years

• gastly_by_raiba_art-d4vcv70.png

Gosu the Gastly

Gosu had been floating around dodging attacks from all sides. "Enough of this!" He muttered before closing his eyes and concentrating. The giant metal Pokemon was enraged, however his rage was different from the pokemon on the bridge, possibly because the effects of the mystery dungeon hadn't reached the Aggron yet, meaning that he was always a bad guy, but more importantly, meaning Gosu could use his night shade attack and make the Aggron see terrifying things in his mind.

"What are you doing!" The big metal Pokemon screeched swinging at Gosu with a Metal Claw. "Oh my, somebody had terrible parents. How about we watch that again?" Gosu laughed while easily moving out of the way. "I'll... I'll kill you!" The Aggron shouted. "You're a bit too late." Gosu replied. A strange sensation came over Gosu. He had been flipping through the Aggrons mind while trying to cause him to hallucinate, but it was as if he had wandered into the Pokemons operating system, and Gosu was never one to resist pushing buttons. "Geronimo!" Gosu giggled as he thrashed about on the metamorical control panel.

Back in reality, the Aggron was confused. Between the hallucinations and the Ghost pokemon fumbling with his head, he could barely tell which way was up. "I'm going... to kill you!" He screamed while clawing at the Leafeon, and yet somehow managing to tear a chunk out of his armor. "I'm gonna..." He grunted.

"I don't think he can handle too much more boys! Keep it coming" Gosu broadcasted to the others telepathically. "Now, lets see what else we can do in here..." He muttered to himself.

Spoiler: Adventure bag

berry03.png
    1 x Pecha berry

Back