• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I have severe depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • To be honest I'm just on here for entertainment and friends,I have major depression along with other things and I'm super lonely,I love Pokemon but don't battle much and use to do Facebook Giveaways but the community is so toxic.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Well, this is deep discussion, so is there anything in particular you want to talk about or work though?

Sure you could find a lot of help, or at least just company for aid here if you look for it.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I can kinda relate. I'm not depressed, but I am really lonely. Haven't had a friend irl in a long time.

Last edited:
    Years
  • To be honest I'm just on here for entertainment and friends,I have major depression along with other things and I'm super lonely,I love Pokemon but don't battle much and use to do Facebook Giveaways but the community is so toxic.

Going to give you a chance to respond to Enpatsu's question since that might change things, but what you currently have there reads more like an introduction than a thread for this section.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2018
    Hey so do i, we got so much in common :P

I bet i can make you laugh though, it wont miraculously fix anything, but having a laugh even if its just for a moment is worth it :)

RamenSlayer67

I LOVE Breeding PKMN for People!
    Years
  • Hey Guys, this is I-wish-I-Was-a- Cubone's Finance. She is Really new to this Forum and was just seeking Positive Guidance not Judgement. Not here to cause a beef or anything but I just think you guys should be more supportive oor at least try. She came to this page to have fun, make friends and Host Giveaways. I'm going to be honest her Giveaways are AMAZING and you will LOVE tthem! Ill even Join her! So can you guys give her a chance? That would be Great if you could! Thanks!

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
    Years
  • Hey Guys, this is I-wish-I-Was-a- Cubone's Finance. She is Really new to this Forum and was just seeking Positive Guidance not Judgement. Not here to cause a beef or anything but I just think you guys should be more supportive oor at least try. She came to this page to have fun, make friends and Host Giveaways. I'm going to be honest her Giveaways are AMAZING and you will LOVE tthem! Ill even Join her! So can you guys give her a chance? That would be Great if you could! Thanks!

Going to give you a chance to respond to Enpatsu's question since that might change things, but what you currently have there reads more like an introduction than a thread for this section.

Peeps are. Also, it's a fair question to ask for more elaboration. There isn't so much of judgement as there is asking for clarification, "Only really Anarchic Torchic's comment felt misplaced even for a debate channel". Not to mention peeps are suggesting things anyways.

Just sayin' no one is out for beef either, just wanting some more description on what she means, considering that this is a thread on depression in a discussion channel.

RamenSlayer67

Years
  • Oh, okay that makes sense. I get it now. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Without going into further detail she says she has Environmental issues and tried to escape from the harshness oof reality by finding refuge in the Pokemon gaming community on Facebook but it is overrun by power hungry cyberbullies who are just there to troll. I tried defending mmyself and others but they kept mass reporting me to the point I can no longer mmaor a facebook account. Sorry I had my guard up and no I hope you can see why.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Oh, okay that makes sense. I get it now. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Without going into further detail she says she has Environmental issues and tried to escape from the harshness oof reality by finding refuge in the Pokemon gaming community on Facebook but it is overrun by power hungry cyberbullies who are just there to troll. I tried defending mmyself and others but they kept mass reporting me to the point I can no longer mmaor a facebook account. Sorry I had my guard up and no I hope you can see why.

That's some pretty hardcore, specialized trolling; to put forth that kind of effort, you're usually a special interest to them, and thus I'm amazed they wouldn't follow you guys here as well.

Last edited:

RamenSlayer67

Years
  • Hey Guys, it would be much appreciated if you didn't harass my Fiancee Via PM. She doesn't really need to go into any further detail about her depression tto complete strangers. She just thought she would just give you the abridged version. So if someone MPs her again to further harass her she WIL L give me the Persons name and I won't be too happy...
    Lets just respect her space and be thankful for the amount she shared.
    Thanks.

RamenSlayer67

Years
  • No need for the Tude..
    Next time ask permission before you PM someone Regardless what they post. Its just common courtesy.
    I don't want to keep going back in fourth..
    But if. You want take your Passive aggressive anger out on someone...
    My new Team could use a Warm up.
    If you beat me ill even throw in a Latias/Latios Code from Best Buy.
    You up For a Challenge? Or are you going ttp keep arguing oon a Forum about stuff that. Doesn't concern you?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    No need for the Tude..
    Next time ask permission before you PM someone Regardless what they post. Its just common courtesy.
    I don't want to keep going back in fourth..
    But if. You want take your Passive aggressive anger out on someone...
    My new Team could use a Warm up.
    If you beat me ill even throw in a Latias/Latios Code from Best Buy.
    You up For a Challenge? Or are you going ttp keep arguing oon a Forum about stuff that. Doesn't concern you?

What is your problem, seriously? Talk about imagining a lot of stuff that isn't there at all.

Excuse me and the rest of us for wanting to reach out to someone new who seemed to be wanting help. I say don't share these facets of yourselves if you don't want people asking about them.

And you seriously need to get out of that defensive mode, where you think every little inquiry is something hostile.

Last edited:

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
    Years
  • I-Wish-I-Was-Cubone said:
    To be honest I'm just on here for entertainment and friends,I have major depression along with other things and I'm super lonely,I love Pokemon but don't battle much and use to do Facebook Giveaways but the community is so toxic.
    While I don't exactly have a social life(perpetually bereft of companionship), I'd suggest to isolate yourself from whoever you deem as toxic,
    a saying goes "better alone than badly accompanied" or something like that.
    I'm not an expert on the depression matter, however I'll quote an other post of mine hoping it helps.
    Just one thing : please tell RamenSlayer67 to cease assaulting us with no apparent reason,
    that's the kind of thing anyone in this world would abhor.
    In case contrary, we will track him and give that forsaken buster a vuvuzela concert.
    Thank you very much indeed in advance.

Yep, pretty sure school isn't that good when it comes to mood.
    History, actuality, delta=b squared -4ac, veristic literature, hermetistic poetry, dadaism, essays and other such things aren't exactly nice topics.
    Also, not sure if anyone still experiences harassments in high school and/or college,
    but if that is the case, I know how terrible it can be... even if some people here probably
    have been through far worse than me.

Let's see...

-Chocolate apparently can boost the mood and the cerebral functions, the darker, the better.
    (ah, apparently chocolate contains flavonoids, "identified with having anti-viral, anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor, and antioxidant benefits"...)

-It may not be everyone's case, but I personally enjoy being close to those dear to me(my family TwT).

-Pokémon games, of course : Pokémon is quite an ode to creation/existance, and looking at all those designs soothes the soul.
    Pokédex entries can be a bit bothersome, and Sun&Moon are known to focus on dark dex entries.
    Mystery Dungeon games have relaxing gameplay, however the very intricate stories can be fairly overwhielming and are renowned for toying with our feelings, so you might wish to keep them for later on.
    Ranger games are more light-hearted and have quite a few gags. Just look how the villains from the original Ranger are dressed!
    Go_Rock_Squad_grunts.png

The very first Ranger game can be fairly difficult, but I still find it recommendable(also because it makes the two sequels feel like a cake-walk and you might not be able to enjoy it fully if you played the sequels first)

-I'd also recommend the Pokémon animé : all the burns characters cast on each other are way too funny.
    There might also be some more serious hidden messages, like the scenes of Misty with Ash's caterpie :
    they teach us that openly broadcasting our opinions in unpleasant ways can harm others around us.
    (take notes, people complaining about the developers' work)

-Some believe drawing and/or colouring can aid against stress. You could consider getting a colouring book, print your own colouring pages or make something from scratch(material or digital. You might also consider getting into fan-art).
    Also, a few things about colours : we attribute green and blue to vegetation, water and sky, thus they relax us. Yellow is the colour of our sun, and thus I assume it gives us a feeling of livelyness.

-Memetics might be able to help as well. I've read an actor who sparked up a memetic
    had cancer and some people used said memetic in order to gather funds hoping to contribute, and apparently it worked.

Last edited:

RamenSlayer67

Years
  • Damien thanks for those nice words bro. They are much appreciated!
    As for the Other gguy, just let it go. She told you all that she wanted to share. She told me that in similar posts no one gave her a hard time. If you STILL want to talk about this..why don't you PM me instead oof Embarrassing my Fiancee iin the Open where Admins could save you? Though I don't tthink it would bbe a Good idea cause I have the Temper of a 100 Hungry Sharkpedos and you seem like the type to Cry at Rainbows (Team Fortress 2 Reference). For the LAST TIME just STOP. Thank You!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Hey Guys, it would be much appreciated if you didn't harass my Fiancee Via PM. She doesn't really need to go into any further detail about her depression tto complete strangers. She just thought she would just give you the abridged version. So if someone MPs her again to further harass her she WIL L give me the Persons name and I won't be too happy...
    Lets just respect her space and be thankful for the amount she shared.
    Thanks.
    If she has indeed been getting harassed via PMs, the best thing to do would be for her to report these PMs so staff can handle it. Derailing a thread and getting belligerent with other users is not really what I'd call the best course of action here.

For the time being I will leave this thread open, but if this continues I am going to lock it.

RamenSlayer67

Years
  • Nah, are you the admin here? If so could you PM me?
    To the other guy my phone is brand new and I'm still getting uused to it and your sarcasm is NOT needed here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back