• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New one on me

Years
  • So I hosted my first pokemon league tonight which was a success I believe and was selling some booster packs and sleeves.

One of the guys has just got back to me and pointed out that his reverse holo's were missing the pattern on them (the energy logo). Is this a misprint or have I potentially been sold a box of fake cards? They were bought from a company called Kool Kingdom and wanted to get your opinion before I went directly to the seller.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • So I hosted my first pokemon league tonight which was a success I believe and was selling some booster packs and sleeves.

One of the guys has just got back to me and pointed out that his reverse holo's were missing the pattern on them (the energy logo). Is this a misprint or have I potentially been sold a box of fake cards? They were bought from a company called Kool Kingdom and wanted to get your opinion before I went directly to the seller.
    That sounds fake to me, but I'd wait for confirmation from people who know what they are doing.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2022
    actually not all sets have the logo on them.
    For example, evolutions ... that's actually the only one I can think of atm XD

Years
  • Sorry I should've been more specific about the set, it was actually a Guardians Rising Box.

I have however opened 3 packs since to check it all and 2 out of the 3 reverse holo's are faulty so I am beginning to think it's a printing error on TPCi's part and not a fake box.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2022
    Sorry I should've been more specific about the set, it was actually a Guardians Rising Box.

I have however opened 3 packs since to check it all and 2 out of the 3 reverse holo's are faulty so I am beginning to think it's a printing error on TPCi's part and not a fake box.

You can always share some pictures of the box/boosters/cards, makes it easier for people to help you out and see whether or not there are any clear indications of whether or not they're real or fake.

Years
  • Sorry I was being really lazy with the photos.

I can confirm that it wasn't a fake box but here is an image anyway to display the errors.

Spoiler:

I have also noticed that there are some slight faults to the pattern on some other cards and some are even off colour slightly

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    They're likely legit, KoolKingdom are known to be bad in a lot of regards (their stock system updating is abysmal) but not for selling fakes, they're a legit seller.

Back