• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Souls Series Discussion Thread

Yukari

Smough's second phase has always been easier than Ornstein's, mainly due to the fact that Smough is slow and doesn't get an entirely new moveset during 2Ph.

Also, of course you were going to beat them on your second try, Yuk. You're wearing freaking Havel's Set, that armor basically says "fuck you" to almost everything. XD

Especially prior to patch 1.06 if you know what I mean.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Havel's Set is the only way I bother doing the Four Kings lol

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I don't have any of these games, but planning on getting them sometime next year :D They sound really fun, although it's gonna take forever to beat them.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Who are the Four Kings and should I be concerned knowing that I restarted my playthrough and am currently doing a Magic Sorcery run.
    It's a boss that you'll fight in the latter half of the game. I personally don't care for it because you can end up fighting up to 4 boss-ish level enemies at once if you don't kill them fast enough. Or maybe I'm just bad at the fight.

No idea if running a sorcery build will be a cause of concern, I've never run a sorcery build in Dark Souls 1 or even just a pure magic build.

Sir Codin

You deal with the four kings by using elemental damage and sticking close to them so their weapons don't damage you as much. Having high magic resistance also helps. XD

Sadly, in the Four Kings fight, melee builds have an advantage over sorcery builds.

Years
  • You could also make the Four kings a easy fight if you have the Havel set and the Quelaag sword with 9 humanity consumed
    Since that makes the Quelaag sword a real beast And should take down a large amount of the Four kings health with each hit you get

But be sure not to die! as then the humanity you consumed will be lost and you will have to consume some again But that would sadly be a waste.

Last edited:

Yukari

The Four Kings really isn't that hard of a fight if you're using a melee build.

Also I recently found that the Ancient Dragon is a pathetically easy fight if you have a high Fire Resistance. Unless you're like me and keep getting hit by its melee attacks considering that it can hit you without actually making contact with you. >w<

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • The Four Kings really isn't that hard of a fight if you're using a melee build.

Also I recently found that the Ancient Dragon is a pathetically easy fight if you have a high Fire Resistance. Unless you're like me and keep getting hit by its melee attacks considering that it can hit you without actually making contact with you. >w<

How is the Four Kings if you're using a Sorcery build? That's what I'll be using when I reach them (I've never reached the Four Kings before. I restarted my playthrough to try a magic build for the first time, and the farthest I've ever gotten in DS1 was Sif and got absolutely destroyed by him lol.)

Sir Codin

How is the Four Kings if you're using a Sorcery build? That's what I'll be using when I reach them (I've never reached the Four Kings before. I restarted my playthrough to try a magic build for the first time, and the farthest I've ever gotten in DS1 was Sif and got absolutely destroyed by him lol.)
    For sorcery builds:

Keep blasting and don't get hit. Simple as that, they're weak to magic. Homing Crystal Soulmass does tons of damage against them. Just don't get hit. Have I also mentioned don't get hit? If you suck at dodging, have good stamina regen and use a shield with high magic resistance (like the Crest Shield).

If you can afford to slap on the Spell Stoneplate Ring, do so.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Still haven't beaten the Four Kings yet ;__; I hate the route you need to take through there as a Sorcerer. I find myself running out of spells every time before the boss. I think I'm going to try to beat Seathe before I do this fight.

Also I died by the Bed of Chaos about 10 times. I'm literally the worst Dark Souls player ever lol.

Years
  • Still haven't beaten the Four Kings yet ;__; I hate the route you need to take through there as a Sorcerer. I find myself running out of spells every time before the boss. I think I'm going to try to beat Seathe before I do this fight.

Also I died by the Bed of Chaos about 10 times. I'm literally the worst Dark Souls player ever lol.

Dark souls rule if you can't beat it practice until you do so And it ain't that suprising that you have died to the Bed of Chaos about 10 times it is one of the hardest bosses in Dark souls 1 after all Seath is the easiest of the Four though his dungeon ain't exactly the easiest place in the game you will see why

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I did the Bed of Chaos today actually. Did it on the second try too.

It's just an annoying fight in some ways since it's not really a fight and you can sometimes die for reasons other than "you fucked up".

Then went and did Manus afterwards too, and one the first try, though I can't remember if that's the first time I did that or not lol

Unless you're like me and keep getting hit by its melee attacks considering that it can hit you without actually making contact with you. >w<
    I always hated this sort of thing video games. Why the fuck should I get hit when they didn't actually hit me like c'mon

stuff like Diddy Fair or Falcon Fsmash in Smash 4 pisses me off

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Dark souls rule if you can't beat it practice until you do so And it ain't that suprising that you have died to the Bed of Chaos about 10 times it is one of the hardest bosses in Dark souls 1 after all Seath is the easiest of the Four though his dungeon ain't exactly the easiest place in the game you will see why
    Haha I know exactly what you mean about that rule. I've beaten Dark Souls 2 and 3, I'm just working on Dark Souls 1 because my younger self thought it was too hard back in the day :P Because I've been too pissed traversing to the Four Kings, I've been going through the Duke's Archives in the meantime. Very windy and easy to get lost in my opinion, but I hope to get to the crystal caves sometime soon.

It's just an annoying fight in some ways since it's not really a fight and you can sometimes die for reasons other than "you fucked up".

Then went and did Manus afterwards too, and one the first try, though I can't remember if that's the first time I did that or not lol

My problem was that I wasn't watching and timing his sweeping attacks. So for instance, on the very last part where the floor in the middle collapses, I kept trying to just charge in get lucky. When I finally started to watch his movements, it was a cakewalk. I was also just fucking up a lot because I never lit the middle bonfire in Lost Izalith so I had to keep running back from the main entrance, which got me really pissed off over time haha (;

Yukari

Okay I honestly think that it's the worst boss in Dark Souls. I've heard that Miyazaki apologized for it- though I haven't seen a source for that claim myself so I dunno for sure.

I always hated this sort of thing video games. Why the fuck should I get hit when they didn't actually hit me like c'mon
    Yeah the hitbox for it is absolutely terrible.

My problem was that I wasn't watching and timing his sweeping attacks. So for instance, on the very last part where the floor in the middle collapses, I kept trying to just charge in get lucky. When I finally started to watch his movements, it was a cakewalk. I was also just fucking up a lot because I never lit the middle bonfire in Lost Izalith so I had to keep running back from the main entrance, which got me really pissed off over time haha (;

Y'know there's actually a shortcut if you don't mind spending a lot of humanity to get to level 2 in the Chaos Servant covenant. You can skip the majority of the area with it.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Y'know there's actually a shortcut if you don't mind spending a lot of humanity to get to level 2 in the Chaos Servant covenant. You can skip the majority of the area with it.

Right! You feed it to Quelaag's sister right? I ended up beating the Bed of Chaos after awhile so I don't have to do it now, but I remember reading about that. Unfortunately, I am a stickler with my Humanity and I value it more than gold haha (:

Yukari

Right! You feed it to Quelaag's sister right? I ended up beating the Bed of Chaos after awhile so I don't have to do it now, but I remember reading about that. Unfortunately, I am a stickler with my Humanity and I value it more than gold haha (:

Yup. But I don't care about spending humanity since I have 99 humanity and 24 soft humanity. d:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Yup. But I don't care about spending humanity since I have 99 humanity and 24 soft humanity. d:

O_O how the hell did you collect so much humanity?

Also side note, I beat Dark Souls 1 for the first time yesterday! :D That ending though...wow...no cutscene, no dramatic orchestra music of good vs evil - just man vs god. Damn that was emotional.

Yukari

O_O how the hell did you collect so much humanity?

Also side note, I beat Dark Souls 1 for the first time yesterday! :D That ending though...wow...no cutscene, no dramatic orchestra music of good vs evil - just man vs god. Damn that was emotional.

It's really easy! Just tedious.

I already had 20ish humanity so I used ten of it, equipped a Covetous Gold Serpent Ring, then I went to the depths. There's a fuck ton of rats there so it's just a matter of running through the area and looping back to the bonfire.

Also I don't die very much.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Humanity farming is fairly easy if you have the DLC. Take the shortcut down to the Chasm of the Abyss and kill the closest large group of the black ghost things with the CGS ring equipped. That's how I like to do it anyway.

Back