• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite Gym leader ?

PercyX

The darkness has just begin...
Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    So , I would like to as you all , according to you who was your favorite Gym leader in B2/W2 ?
    Also specify why did you like him .
    I would like to go with Skyla because , god , that gym had such a mechanism of flying which made me a bit confused as well as fascinated .

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
    Years
  • I personally review Gym Leaders in three ways. Personality, difficulty and Gym design.

Now, the first two gyms in BW2 have horrible designs. Burgh's gym is actually pretty cool-looking, but still quite dull. Elesa's Gym, on the other hand, is really awesome but it's not so big and challenging.

Clay's, however, is big and challenging. But Clay's personality on the other hand is pretty bland.

Now, Skyla is my favorite Gym Leader in this Gen. Her gym in BW is pretty boring, but it received a gigantic upgrade in BW2. Skyla has just the right personality, but the way she acted in the anime got both Cilan and Ash pretty triggered.

Meanwhile Drayden is another one with a challenging gym, a well-designed gym and has a pretty cool personality. While Marlon's isn't challenging, has bad personality but has the best gym design out of all the other seven.

PercyX

The darkness has just begin...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    I personally review Gym Leaders in three ways. Personality, difficulty and Gym design.

Now, the first two gyms in BW2 have horrible designs. Burgh's gym is actually pretty cool-looking, but still quite dull. Elesa's Gym, on the other hand, is really awesome but it's not so big and challenging.

Clay's, however, is big and challenging. But Clay's personality on the other hand is pretty bland.

Now, Skyla is my favorite Gym Leader in this Gen. Her gym in BW is pretty boring, but it received a gigantic upgrade in BW2. Skyla has just the right personality, but the way she acted in the anime got both Cilan and Ash pretty triggered.

Meanwhile Drayden is another one with a challenging gym, a well-designed gym and has a pretty cool personality. While Marlon's isn't challenging, has bad personality but has the best gym design out of all the other seven.

I agree with you completely ,
    I still remember Drayden's gym,
    I mean the colour scheme of the background used was dull ,though the mechanism was nice , but the colours gave a very ugly-ish look to the gym which was a big thumbs down for me .

Secondly ,
    most of the gym leaders have some interaction with us in-game like Skyla takes us to the someplace (forgot the name) , Drayden with the kyurem event , and others too .

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Drayden, since he was the hardest of the Unova gym leaders for me to beat since I had no super-effective moves against his Dragon types, and also because he has some good Pokemon such as Haxorus on his team.

Years
  • Skyla gets the vote from me too. Reasons are already stated above...
    I also liked Clay & Drayden, but Clay's way of talking sucks, while the latter one's Color Scheme (as said by Percy) sucks.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • As a gym leader I guess I'd have to say Cheren due to it being really cool to see him finally realize what he wants to do in his life and then send the next set of heroes out on their journey as the first gym leader we face. I guess I'm just a sucker for little nostalgic moments like that xD

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I always have a hard time picking between the gen 5 Gym Leaders... especially in B2W2. I love love love love love seeing Cheren as a Gym Leader but Marlon is a really underrated character who manages to bring a lot to the theme of B2W2 being about "neutrality." To be fair, since I think of Cheren as my favorite rival in this gen, I'll go with Marlon as my favorite B2W2 Gym Leader.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The top floor of Burgh's gym is the most beautiful ever.

But Skyla is the sweetest of them all.

But I gotta go with Elisa. She's cool. :)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Roxie. I love her design and although her gym isn't really a puzzle, I still think it's one of the coolest interiors of any.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Elesa, for the shallow reason that she's really pretty. But also both her gyms are cool.

Years
  • Probrably Elesa because of her design and her pokemon! I do like Lenora, but since she not a gym leader anymore..oh well, Cheren is an amazing gym leader as well! :)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • The top floor of Burgh's gym is the most beautiful ever.

But Skyla is the sweetest of them all.

But I gotta go with Elisa. She's cool. :)

Burgh's gym also had really cool music in B2W2.

I really liked how these gyms weren't just "walk in, fight, leave." They had puzzles that were like the Sootopolis City gym -- an actual sort of puzzle. But as a Dragon-type trainer, I gotta go with Drayden's.

Years
  • My fave was Marlon, for his relaxed attitude and Gym design. Elesa and Roxie do come a close second for their awesome Gym themes and design.

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
    Years
  • Drayden, the Dragon Gym, is my favorite., he uses dragon types, one of my favorite types. Also for his gym design & puzzle, always got me on the edge to where it will lead.

Back