• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
That's odd.
I've found another glitch, that is when you go to the people who give you Lapras and Dratini (there might be more as I'm only up to Mt Shuem), they act as if you say yes when you say no and this caused me to lose Dratini, which didn't bother me much, but could be bothersome to others.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2013
Sharpbow11, I'm having the same problem with you, but with the english link that was recently posted.

I'm using that same like I think. Did you get it from the front page?

It's really annoying though. Never had this much trouble with a patch before. Anyone else using VBA that has it working? It would be awesome if you would tell us how you did it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2013
I'm using the english ips link found in the new link posted. I download the ruby rom, but that one dosent work, so i use the one the guy suggested. I patch light platinum english with the suggested rom, and it still dosen't work.

Smallbirdie

Lurker Extraordinaire!
Years
That's odd.
I've found another glitch, that is when you go to the people who give you Lapras and Dratini (there might be more as I'm only up to Mt Shuem), they act as if you say yes when you say no and this caused me to lose Dratini, which didn't bother me much, but could be bothersome to others.
Unfortunately that's a know issue too :( It happens most times that you're offered Pokemon (except for the starters). I recommend to never have more than 5 pokemon in your party because missed opportunities don't come back.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
I'm using that same like I think. Did you get it from the front page?

It's really annoying though. Never had this much trouble with a patch before. Anyone else using VBA that has it working? It would be awesome if you would tell us how you did it.

I'm using VisualBoyAdvance-M (SVN956) with the sound off, superspeed and Automatic Flash 128KB save type. Everything else is standard.
I also used a Ruby Eng Rom (just put that in google and use the mediafire link), which has worked for me.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Actually, I thought I fixed all those. o.O

I fixed most of them, at any rate. Most trainers should ask you again after you say no. Or you can just say yes. Saying yes, and getting the 'you have too many pokemon' message, will let you get it later with everything but the eevee egg.

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
when does elekid evolve? I got him to level 21.

Elekid Evolves at level 30 for Electabuzzm and Level 40 for Electriveri

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/239.shtml

================================================
POKÉMON LIGHT PLATINUM COMPLETE - ENGLISH VERSION
================================================

Translation for Snakebyte

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6802487&postcount=4653

Oficial Link For Download
http://wesleyfg.weebly.com/download-eng-version.html

DOWNLOAD

Any error or problem, write here that will fix snakebyte or I will help you correct errors, or send to MP or the Snakebyte min, the link is already on the first page, all good fun.

Thanks Snakebyte, for translation and Bug Erros Correct.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
Theres a bug at the Dusk Town where the screen turns black when a trainer inside the gym challenges me...

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2011
so far so good with the rom with me it runs smoothly and all,thank you Wesley and snakbyte for making this a great rom,and like i have posted before if anyone needs a clean working pokemon ruby rom just pm me and i will give it to you,also this works great on the gpsp on psp now i can play it even when iam away from the pc

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Everyone, Wesley has uploaded it in both IPS and GBA format on his site. There should now be no questions about patching it in this thread. If the IPS doesn't work, download the GBA.

Years
Special thnx to Michunio, smallbirdie and of course you Snakebyte at laaaast it worked on my cell too as well as on vba in pc at first try. It was working fine on my pc but for my cell, i downloaded that software i think it was gdata os somethng then put that rom file of lp in it and it really worked and the white screen was gone and i could play it .
Hey snakebyte, guess what asking the memberz really worked thnx again guys

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
OK I'm stuck in the flying gym in Lauren and I can't get out. The only path is being blocked by a trainer who moved to battle me. I've beaten the gym I have no save states or SGMs before the gym. If I can't continue my game someone is getting murdered.

Back