• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
  • These numbers... So many lv. 1 Eevees and Inkays and others... I haven't had any luck with the method at all. Probably because I give up too quickly. Don't have time for that many eggs :P

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • These numbers... So many lv. 1 Eevees and Inkays and others... I haven't had any luck with the method at all. Probably because I give up too quickly. Don't have time for that many eggs :P
    I honestly only hatch 10-30 at a time. I either take the parents out and IV breed some other kind of Pokemon, or I play some other portion of the game and come back to it later (usually taking them out of day-care then as well).

So far I've hatched three (technically four, I had two shiny Sandshrew) shiny Pokemon using Masuda Method, and it hasn't taken 100+ at all (well, maybe my Sandshrew took that many).

Not sure if taking the parents out and putting them back in later resets some kind of counter, but my superstition has me doing this now :)

Last edited:

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • Trying to hatch a shiny 5IV Ralts. I hatched a shiny one at my 70th-something egg, but it only had 4 perfect IVs and 0 Atk IVs, which admittedly was by no means a bad IV spread but I wasn't satisfied.

I've almost hatched 500 Ralts eggs, still not giving up. haha

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2014
    I wish I could find a ditto from another country, I could really use it. I'm using an american ditto, should I just give up? Or do I have about the same odds as everyone else?

Years
  • Going back and forth trying to hatch 5IV Sandstorm Scatterbug. 4 boxes and no luck so far; I guess I shouldn't complain until I get to 40 boxes.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    Does anyone know whether the Shiny Charm stacks with MM? I've been trying to read up on in and apparently the English description says "in the wild" but the Jap is different?

Years
  • Hopefully I will be contributing to this thread tomorrow. Should have the shiny charm in about 45 minutes and got some pkmn lined up for mm breeding already, hope it does stack. Maybe I should research before I try haha

kuro_neko

Welcome ~~~~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2014
    I got a shiny ralts on the 55th egg which was super lucky. She only has 2 perfect IVS in both the defenses but i still love her. c: ~~

Snoochey

Advanced Trader
    Years
  • I wish I could find a ditto from another country, I could really use it. I'm using an american ditto, should I just give up? Or do I have about the same odds as everyone else?

If the other pokémon you're breeding it with is foreign, then your American Ditto will do fine. If your other parent is American, then you would get a shiny a lot faster with a foreign Ditto.

My girlfriend used a 2 IV foreign ditto and bred 7 shinies so far with M-Method. I have yet to breed even 1 shiny with the method though. I've recently obtained some 6 IV foreign dittos though so hoping the breeding works out on my part here shortly. :)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I got a shiny ralts on the 55th egg which was super lucky. She only has 2 perfect IVS in both the defenses but i still love her. c: ~~
    My Volcarona was the same. She has HP/Def/SDef/Spd, but still pretty good since she can buff up with Quiver Dance. I wasn't even really trying to breed her as a shiny (was still in the process of IV breeding with a lucky JPN region poke) so it was a pleasant surprise.

Years
  • Can anyone find any evidence on whether or not the shiny charm effects masuda method. I know smog on is attempting to hatch 50,000 eggs to determine it, but they said serebii has stated that the Japanese text isn't the same as the north american: specifically the " in the wild " part, ive also read that the Japanese text for the shiny charm isn't changed from bw2 description. If it is only in the wild I am mad disappoint. No perfect IV shiny team for me I guess.

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • Question!

Question #1: If I remove Greninja that I want a shiny off of, and put him/her back into the daycare with a Jap Ditto, will that mess up the probablity or reset it?

Question #2: What if I used a Froakie that was hatched from an egg that Greninja had in place of Greninja in the daycare, will that give me a different probablity or luck for a shiny? Or would it still be the same as Greninja?

Back