• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Australian Woman Killed in Minneapolis Police Shooting

Sir Codin

Racism against whites isn't a thing, just like misandry isn't and neither is heterophobia. If you're a part of the oppressive class you can't be oppressed.

Race is brought up because for hundreds of years white people have invaded and suppressed other populations. Racism is a very real issue today still, people are just finding new ways to be racist.

My heart goes out the family of the victim though.
    Calling people of that identity "the oppressive class" isn't going to win you any allies from that identity group; whether you want to believe it or not, that's demonizing behavior. I think if we can just knock it off with this type rhetoric, the hegemony and other groups can start finding solidarity again or at least start talking to each other in a civil manner.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm sorry but if allies only support you when you're ~nice~ and do what they want, they aren't really allies.

Years
  • I'm sorry but if allies only support you when you're ~nice~ and do what they want, they aren't really allies.

That's, uh, literally how the concept of having allies has worked throughout recorded human history. You do something they deem as personally offensive to them, their support of you becomes tenuous if not outright lost (see USA getting involved in Iraq back in 2003 and France declining to get involved because they thought it was morally dubious, as a recent example). Flatly denying the existence of race-based hate toward any race is one of those things that alienates people and is, in essence, jumping through exactly the same logic hoops that those who are racist toward blacks jump through to reach their viewpoints.

But this topic wasn't even about race nor did I want it to be. It was about police shootings and poor training.

Back