• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first pokemon is diamond

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Second one was platinum and last one is pokemon black, but play romhacks and my phone is that bad? Am I not a true pokemon I played on emulator and roms.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Enjoyed Pokemon. Qualifies as a fan for that, regardless of how you played it. Do not worry about people trying to separate other people into "fans" or "true fans" either. Likely just wants to feel special.

Becomes no less of a fan for appreciating ROMhacks. Indicates an interest in the underlying system and characters. Compares it to adding house rules to Monopoly, or even new cards/properties. Adjusts the game in certain ways to your specific tastes.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Second one was platinum and last one is pokemon black, but play romhacks and my phone is that bad? Am I not a true pokemon I played on emulator and roms.
    it's still the pokémon games, regardless of system :) especially nowadays when it's not easy to officially "properly" play the old titles. there are many that prefer to play hacks or fangames rather than the official titles, and that's fair too. the pokémon fandom is broad and we all enjoy it in our own preferred ways. keep it up, gamer!

also diamond and platinum are awesome games, glad you got to experience them!

Years
  • I'd say you are a true fan if you went back to play the older games in their basic unmodified forms. Even if on an emulator. It is tough going back to gen 4 for me without patches to make the game faster, so you have my respect.

Years
  • Being a 'True' Pokemon fan sounds a lot like when people talk about being a 'True' gamer: like, if you don't do this or that when playing games, or play X type of game, etc. then you're not a 'True' gamer/fan/etc.
    There will always be snobs who feel the need to feel special or look down on others. Just ignore that junk and the people claiming it.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I'm not really that interested in rom hacks to be honest. I prefer the real deal. I do want to try some out though when I get time. Also, I am a gen fiver, not a genwunner.

Back