• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Price at the pump

Years
  • My car was running out of gas today, and needed a trip to the service station on the way home. The price is 4.25 a gallon for gasoline at the station closest to my house. It takes almost 60 dollars to fill up the tank for me. This is sadly kinda average in the US right now. Costs are higher in some regions of the country, and worse in other parts of the world.

What is the going rate for fuel right now where you live?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    It's usually $40 to $50 these days for a full tank. Luckily, we get some great mileage out of it but still, it's money that I don't have anymore. Plus, since I'm in NJ and we're not allowed to pump our own gas, I also try to tip the attendants. That isn't an expected etiquette, unlike at a restaurant or something similar. But when it's the middle of winter and these guys are out there pumping gas and freezing their asses off, I try to at least offer up something.

So because of my own personal choices, I do technically spend more than I need to. But I can't say I feel too bad about it.

Years
  • What cars are you guys driving that it's so cheap? Our Jeep is going to bankrupt us! Mind you, it's still a 4 cylinder engine.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I don't have a car so I can't relate but I'll inform that prices in Spain are very close to 2€ a litre, the Government offers a 20 cent rebate but it's still an all-time high.

Covid + Putin = Energy prices going through the roof. I don't think anybody expecte this!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Costs $4.33 per gallon (regular) at the nearest gas station here.

(4.33 dollars / 1 gallon) * (1 gallon / 3.786 litres) * (0.96 euros / 1 dollar) = 1.10 euros per litre.

Back