• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Genderist

Nomad
Years
  • So I stumbled upon this rom hack yesterday and let me start off by saying I very much adore the premise and story so far.

That being said, I have a problem with the game that no one else has mentioned in the comments before. I'm having a severe problem with my Pokemon disobeying me ever since they hit level 11 (which is above level 10 so I would need a badge for them to keep listening but that is not an option obviously). Is this an intended mechanic? Because it is quite frustrating for me at the moment and I would strongly advise against it if it is indeed intentional.

If not, has anyone else had this case or is it just me?

Cheers

Huh. My whole team is 20 going on 30, and i have not encountered this issue once, and seemingly no one else in the thread has either. Maybe it's just an issue on your end? Might have encountered some trouble patching your rom, maybe.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    I'm having a severe problem with my Pokemon disobeying me ever since they hit level 11 (which is above level 10 so I would need a badge for them to keep listening but that is not an option obviously). Is this an intended mechanic?

My best guess is that you've somehow gotten your pokemon to be seen as traded pokemon. Because personally caught pokemon never disobey.

I'm not sure if a 'Gifted' pokemon counts, but traded pokemon with different OT data are the ones that disobey.

So, either the game set your stolen pokemon to have a different Original Trainer than you, or all of the pokemon are traded pokemon.

I doubt it's a problem with the game though, 'cause I, in Mt. Moon, grinded my pokemon up to 15-ish so I could at least try and beat Red (which I did...BARELY...>.>...fun scene afterwards though. Much better than the one after you beat him the next time.) and they never gave me an issue.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2020
    If i may; can i suggest some ideas? plz? :3c

If it's not too much trouble, could we possibly get Dark Pulse, Energy Ball, and Poison Jab TM for next Update?

I know this game runs on XY/ORAS, maybe even Sun/Moon Move Dex; and I'm not too sure if Dark Pulse was implemented as a TM in this ROM hack (being that Dark Pulse is a Gen IV move) and I really have no way of knowing if it's currently in the game (since i've searched through every nick of this game).

I know that Haunter/Gengar learn it through level 40's, but personally i'd rather not use it sense i'm not a big fan of the Ghastly line...

I don't know any Pokemon other than maybe Cacnea or Lotad and Lileep that learn Energy Ball through level up... however... those are Hoenn Pokemon.

Posion Jab because i evolved my only Nidorino into a powerful Adamant Nidoking a little too early, now I have no way to have Nidoking learn it and I don't want to resort to cheating (not that I can anyways since Poison Jab is a Gen IV move and doesn't exist in any Gen III database).

And even if I did decide to use the Ghastly line or cheat my way to revert Nidoking back into a Nidorino... I'd rather not extensively train (or overgrind) my Pokemon BEFORE the next update, I want to keep them soley levels 29-32 - my selected starter being the only 32, my Fire-Type is 31 (being it's the only one who hasn't evolved yet) while the rest of my team are 29, because I want to play the game as much as i can, i felt like the game after Mission 4 should leave your team soildly at 30s, or maybe it was just me training a little too much but i felt like i had to get to this level due to the games difficulty.

Also, I know that in Fire Red it doesn't happen, But in Pokemon Origins - the concept of Mega Evolution is present... and since this is an adaptation of Fire Red's untold lore and stories since Fire Red is told by the prespective of Red, it is both logical and understandable for him to completely miss the darkest parts of the world in his journey, he is a child after all - no matter how this game nor anyone depicts him (though I guess Blue/Gary has a reason to hate Red since it killed his Raticate... I'm getting off topic here: will there be Mega Evolution's?

I know that Origin's takes place in the XY/ORAS Pokemon Reality rather than the Gen V and below Reality where Mega Evolution did not exist (or rather was not exploited by the Big man from XY).

However i'm still curious if it does happen, Giovanni is a man that loves power: knowledge is power, and he craves it, it's in his character, I don't find it logical for Mr.Fuji to be the only one who discovered the Mega Key and Stones despite the fact that he didn't know what they were other than they doing something for the main protagonist...

Why I say it's not logical? Because it would mean Giovanni knew nothing about it, even the Elite 4 and Champion didn't know the concept of its existence, only a TEN year old figured out it's mechanism.

Let's assume that Origins isn't bullcrap to highlight and poorly executed anyway (which's only reason of existence was to bring back older fans who were giving up on the current anime) how much Red's ten-year old c*ck is as big as the eiffel tower. Politically and logically speaking, these stones potential would have already been cracked and abused by leaders like Koga, Sabrina, Blaine and Giovanni... much like the Elite 4, Bruno, Lorelei, Agetha and Lance would've already be using them to enhance their overall power.

However let's assume that this information hasn't reached to their ears yet (which is dumb because the Rocket Executive said that Fuji's attempt to kiss Lance's ass was (or isn't if we fastforward to HGSS) going to save him and the Tower, so there wasn't a reason to not disclose the Mega Evolution mechanic to the Indigo League if it meant more power to them)... Such important information could not have stayed with Fuji because 1) he was captured by Archer... or was it Pierce? and disregarding this game (being that it may not be considered cannon), he was still captured by Rockets, Red wouldn't (or rather couldn't) have saved him in time to stop the Mega Evolution from being disclosed by Team Rocket. 2) there was no way he didn't know what they did, he practically gave it to Red, it's obvious Red didn't know what it did but the old man knew why he gave the one Mega Stone that Mega Evolved Charizard into X...

I've rambled up to the point where my point might be evasive... And i know that the Mega Evolution mechanic is incredibly difficult to implement and control i mean just look at Fire Red Origins, a great game but not without it's bugs. Though i'd love to be able to evolve my Pokemon during battle rather than the incredibly super bad version where you mega evolve your pokemon outside of battle, and stay that way unless you manually revert them back to their original forms with a completly different item. I think this would be a neat idea, though you can berate for asking it since I know that the idea is completly hard but i really wouldn't know the true difficulty in it since my knowledge on coding is a farcry to a baby taking his first steps.

Also can u plz plz plz plzzz find a way to implement Nation Dex in next update? I really want to evolve Golbat already ;-;

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2020
    I think i found a game-crashing glitch (or maybe intentional); when i decided to go through Diglet's Cave, when i got out the game turned black and crashed. Was this intentional? Because if it was, then that's pretty smart, i'm glad I saved beforehand or else i would be weeping about my thirty hours of level grinding.

Genderist

Nomad
    Years
  • I think i found a game-crashing glitch (or maybe intentional); when i decided to go through Diglet's Cave, when i got out the game turned black and crashed. Was this intentional? Because if it was, then that's pretty smart, i'm glad I saved beforehand or else i would be weeping about my thirty hours of level grinding.

Not intentional, just a minor bug. Several random staircases/doorways/ladders tend to do that. It's fairly common place with rom hacks. I tend to just preemptively save state before i go up any of those.

You can go through diglett tunnel just fine, i've done it countless times- In fact you need to in order to g. I won't spoil it for you. But yea, there's cuttable trees that you can't pass on the other end of Diglett's tunnel anyway so the pewter city arc doesn't get exposed.

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
    Years
  • It's coming, guys. Just a little longer.
    I recently started playing it and I must say that I love your game! I always wanted to try playing pokemon as one of Team Rocket Guy and now when I have a chance I can't stop playing, it's that amazing. For now I don't see any errors that I could report, it's working fine for me.
    I can't wait to see new beta being released, good luck with finishing it!
    Thank you so much!
    Damn. You right. Anyone know if the dev could bypass this? Maybe make the rocket edition start off with national dex? I know i could just as easily cheat code in a Crobat, but i hate breaking the rules of a game just to get what i want.
    He can. ;)
    Hey, I just made an account for the site to make this message, I've gotten really into Pokemon hacks lately and this one has been one of my favorites to play, it seems like it's been almost a year since the last update though and I was wondering if you'd stopped altogether or if it's just been a slow process?
    Thanks, man! Beta 3 is actually just around the corner.
    I was playing this for the first time and I got a shiny weedle from stealing from a trainer. And I was like "Wow is this normal to get?" Later on I didn't have the 200 bux needed to get past the police officer so I was like "Hmm, maybe I can go through the cave and get to the other side." When I tried and got to the ladder that was after the spot where the 2 fossil's were and went up them my game restarted. I was like "... What...? I didn't save either." This was how I found out getting a shiny weedle from that trainer wasn't normal. Anyway you can consider this a report about a bug/glitch.
    That is... devastating. Which emulator are you using?
    Having a stolen Pok?mon turn shiny is not a "bug" so much as it's a ridiculously unlikely outcome with the way my code works. If you want to send me your save file so I can recover your shiny Weedle for you, do let me know.
    So I stumbled upon this rom hack yesterday and let me start off by saying I very much adore the premise and story so far.

That being said, I have a problem with the game that no one else has mentioned in the comments before. I'm having a severe problem with my Pokemon disobeying me ever since they hit level 11 (which is above level 10 so I would need a badge for them to keep listening but that is not an option obviously). Is this an intended mechanic? Because it is quite frustrating for me at the moment and I would strongly advise against it if it is indeed intentional.

If not, has anyone else had this case or is it just me?

Cheers
    Awesome, thanks. I have had one or two others report the same before, and think it's an emulator-specific issue (which one are you using?). Looking into a ubiquitous fix.
    Would love to test the game, I did a play though on youtube that was received very well, would also love to part of the discord server for it if you have it my guy!
    Haha yep great job, saw your playthrough and enjoyed it a lot. Am not really good with Discord or other social media-like things, but have had a number of requests for it, so will look into it once beta 3 is out.
    will we be able to get the elemental stones later in the game? i would really lik to evolve my poliwhirl and growlithe
    Yeah, I think you might be in luck.
    If i may; can i suggest some ideas? plz? :3c
    [...]
    Also can u plz plz plz plzzz find a way to implement Nation Dex in next update? I really want to evolve Golbat already ;-;
    I think your brain works quite a lot like mine when thinking out new plot directions ;)
    Thanks for the input. Beta 3 is quite set in stone, but the last point I'll sort out for you, not to worry.
    I think i found a game-crashing glitch (or maybe intentional); when i decided to go through Diglet's Cave, when i got out the game turned black and crashed. Was this intentional? Because if it was, then that's pretty smart, i'm glad I saved beforehand or else i would be weeping about my thirty hours of level grinding.
    Thanks! Which emulator are you using? Nowhere in the game should anything be crashing on purpose, rest assured.

LAST LIL TEASER BEFORE BETA 3 RELEASE?
    a072DOL.png
    vj33OuK.png
    11IhXgo.png

Working at utmost capacity for beta 3 to be out ASAP. Really excited to share what's coming.
    Thanks to all who volunteered for beta testing the next release! I really appreciate how many people volunteered to help. :D I won't be needing any more testers now.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2017
    I just tried this hack a few days ago and all I can say is that this is probably the best hack (story-wise) I have played so far. I always dreamed to play a character under a criminal organisation in a Pokemon game but other hacks don't really give me the vibe that I'm in a crime syndicate. This one gives me that feeling. GREAT JOB! Looking forward for the completion of this game. :)

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I played the game and am very... interested in how it continues.... (that was a mean cliffhanger....)

As a small idea.... why not give the grunt a salary? As far as I could tell people join for money.... money we never see. It doesn't even have to be much....
    Just a little something to think about...

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2017
    Awesome, thanks. I have had one or two others report the same before, and think it's an emulator-specific issue (which one are you using?). Looking into a ubiquitous fix.

I'm using VisualBoyAdvance-1.8.0.600 which is the most recent version I found after a quick search.

Back