• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Name Rater

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
  • 4/10 - Is it a reference to something that I don't get? If so, maybe it's better than 4/10 and I'm not the best person to judge it. Sorry.

What about my Talonflame called Spitfire? Coz y'know... it flies, and it spits fire. :D

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    7/10 A fine name, but probably more fitting for something like Magmar.

My Infernape is named Sin Goku, a combination of Singe + Son Goku.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • 6/10 Your monkey must be the devil. A Sun Wukong reference also would've been nice.

I named my Grimer Flash due to its resemblance to the Zootopia character.

4/10 - Is it a reference to something that I don't get? If so, maybe it's better than 4/10 and I'm not the best person to judge it. Sorry.

Bonzi_Buddy.png

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Haha! I nicknamed a Slakoth that in Alpha Sapphire a few weeks ago. 8/10

Oh, and thanks for educating me on BonziBuddy, I did some quick research and I get it now. Updated: 9/10 {XD}

I have a Furfrou in my current X playthrough that I've given a Pharaoh trim and the name Ramesses, as in the Egyptian pharaoh Ramesses the Great.

Also, every time I read it in the game I can't help but say "Return the slab!". Please tell me someone gets that reference. ^_^

khaozz

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    6/10 Your monkey must be the devil. A Sun Wukong reference also would've been nice.
    Just in case you didn't know, Son Goku is the Japanese name for Sun Wukong, so my nickname was a Sun Wukong reference.

Anyway, to reply to the above post, 9/10 because it's both a fitting name, and because I got the Courage the Cowardly Dog reference. "Return the slab, or suffer my curse!"

I named my Swampert Rick as a reference to the Richter Scale used to measure the size of Earthquakes.

Adam Levine

Years
  • Just in case you didn't know, Son Goku is the Japanese name for Sun Wukong, so my nickname was a Sun Wukong reference.

Anyway, to reply to the above post, 9/10 because it's both a fitting name, and because I got the Courage the Cowardly Dog reference. "Return the slab, or suffer my curse!"

I named my Swampert Rick as a reference to the Richter Scale used to measure the size of Earthquakes.

Oops. 8/10

Also, slightly obscure reference. 7/10

I named my Unown D For Harambe.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Ooh, that sounds cute! 7?/10 (Would be better if it didn't picture a Bellsprout when I read it. :P)

My Toucannon in Moon is called Clucks. Thoughts?

Adam Levine

Years
  • 7/10 Good, but I don't know if someone would associate toucans with clucking.

I named my Charjabug Best Mon, well, because Charjabug is best mon.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Hm, while I dont agree thats still good reasoning and a good name, 8/10.
    I have a Hoothoot I named 'Owlsthetic', I may have made the word up due to the owl puns made on my name constantly and the large amount of owl things I own. qwq

khaozz

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    8/10 I like the pun.

I named my Ribombee Pixee because it's based on the bee fly and I wanted to sneak in a pun.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • 6.5/10 Pretty solid I say.

I named my Sylveon Sylvie, I think it's a cute nickname for it. Plus, I have a family member with the same name ^_^

Back