• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Mantine Surfing

Years
  • So when Mantine Surfing was introduced in this trailer...

... understandably, people went kinda nuts about it, because it actually seemed like a really fun mini-game! So here's my question to you all:

• Did Mantine Surfing live up to your expectations?
    • What was the highest score you've gotten?
    • Would you want this kind of mini-game to return in a future game?

Years
  • I...never used it beyond the practice match going through the story.......do you guys think it's actually fun? Is it worth going back and trying more of it? orz

I use it because I care about Move Tutor moves, and it's a super easy way to farm BP. =P Personally I think it's pretty neat!

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • It's the best way of farming BP not just in the entire game, but in the entire series. You can get 50 per round if you have all the moves, and I use it extensively when I need to do some stuff that requires BP.

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • I...never used it beyond the practice match going through the story.......do you guys think it's actually fun? Is it worth going back and trying more of it? orz

I actually liked playing it. At first, I was just interested in teaching a few tutor moves to some of my pokés, but I found it so fun that I abused that a lot, lol.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    I don't remember what my scores were, but I know I beat the island records. I really wanted to get the surfing Pikachu.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i don't really like playing it, but because it provides an easy way to get BP, i spent a good chunk of time on it. i was AWFUL at it the first time though and i was pissed and hoping it wasn't a required thing to do, but once you get the hang of it, it's really not bad. but it became like pokethlon for me. bc i did it so much for the rewards, i enjoyed it less and less -- even more so than pokethlon bc at least with that, i could earn medals and enter different pokemon and competitions. this is the same thing over and over, but it is shorter at least.

Years
  • ^ Yeah, I can definitely see that perspective. It does get to feel like kind of a drag if you're doing it solely for the rewards, especially if you're trying to save up on BP. That aside though, if it weren't for that, I think it'd be a cute mini-game that I wouldn't mind doing over and over. The obstacles are annoying, but it is what it is with that.

Back