• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GT Map Off!

Years
  • PC GT Map-off!

Ooo la la.

E-hem. Anyway. Welcome to the map-off competition, where your goal is to create the most mysterious (and cool?) secret base ever!

baseyou.jpg

I couldn't find a better picture...

This event accepts submissions from all types of Pokemon maps - Advance-Map, RPG Maker XP, Tiled, or even MS Paint/Photoshop if you feel like doing that. Creativity is the aim of this event, and if you're an avid mapper, here's the place to show your skills! Or even if you just like mapping, really.

Let's talk rules
    1. One (1) map per user maximum. You can edit your map prior to the judging period!
    2. It has to be a new map. No rehashed maps, reused maps, any of that.
    3. Do not use other people's maps. You're better than that.
    4. Only use tiles and resources that you have permission to use. Credits are required.

Judges, and their criteria
    Corviknight, Disturbed, and Juliorain will act as your judges for this event!

They will judge each maps based on the following criteria:
    Layout
    Is it too convoluted? Too basic?​
    Theme Relevance
    A secret base has to be secret, after all!​
    Complexity
    Are there good use of tiles to create complex spaces? Is the map too complex that it becomes difficult to play?​
    Accuracy
    Your standard tile errors.​

Every participant gets 25 points for joining and submitting an entry.
    Third place gets 50 points. Second place gets 75 points.
    First place gets 100 points and bragging rights.

How do I join?
    Simple! Just fill up this form right here and post it as a reply to this thread:
    Username:
    Map: (image goes here)
    Credits:

Deadline: 9AM EST, 10th August

Last edited:

Cid

Years
  • Same, I haven't done mapping in years but since it's GT2019, I'll be trying this. :)

Username: Cid
    Map: (image goes here)
    Credits: TBA

Years
  • Username: gimmepie
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Credits: I have to get back to you on this. Kitty gave me the tiles a while back, and I think she got them from PB. So I'll ask them.

Had the idea of a secret base for a small village/community of people instead of a small one-person base like you see in the games. Threw in a well and some mushrooms so they had food and water lol. It's a bit square (a lot square) but I'm not really a mapper, so I'm happy enough with it.

Last edited:

Sparkin

Lonesome Drifter
    Years
  • I failed the cool criteria

Username: Mr. James
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Credits: Pokémon RSE

Last edited:
    Back