• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen #1 - Which Pokemon do you plan to put in your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • pokemon-gold-silver-3ds-release-738x410.jpg.optimal.jpg

This is the start of weekly polls that serve as basic countdowns to the release of Gold and Silver on the eshop!

So without further ado...

When the games do get released for the eshop, which Pokemon do you plan to put in your team? Will you pick familiar faces from your past playthroughs? Maybe some favourites? Maybe pokemon you haven't used before?

Feel free to share anything!

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • Cyndaquil or Totodile for a starter.

Misdreavus depending on if it can be found anywhere early.

Heracross hopefully.

Scratch Totodile, I'll find a Chinchou somewhere.

There's others I'll need to think about.

Years
  • - Feraligatr
    - Crobat
    - Ampharos
    - Umbreon
    - Dragonite/Snorlax
    - Lugia

I usually keep my team the same between Johto runs as there isn't much powerful varieties to choose from.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm not sure what I'm going to use yet. I think I'll keep some elements of my original Gold team, add some parts of my HG team, and switch things up a bit to balance things out a bit more. My original, very unbalanced team was:
    -Totodile
    -Blastoise
    -Quagsire
    -Pikachu
    -Noctowl
    -Filler for training (because I didn't like putting any of my main team members in the PC)

This time, I think I'll use Totodile again, though I'll probably evolve it this time around. I'd like to trade in the other starters, too, and if I start a permanent file on Silver (rather than just challenge runs), I'll probably start with Cyndaquil there. Noctowl was fun, so I'll probably use that too. I used Ampharos in HG, so I may use that this time. I think I'd also like to use Ursaring this time. Ultimately, I have a feeling I'll end up with more than just a core 6 members, and may rotate them throughout the game. I'm also hoping to get into breeding a bit more on Gold this time, and use some of the Pokemon I breed (assuming the lack of the Stadium 2 Dodrio tower doesn't drive me nuts).

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Since I'm doing a run of Soul Silver right now with Chikorita, I'll probably end up choosing Cyndaquil or Totodile as my starter. As for the rest of my team, I haven't really planned it just yet but I'll probably end up using the likes of Ampharos, Espeon/Umbreon, Crobat etc.

Years
  • WAIT WHAT? Gold/Silver to the e-shop?! It's... a dream come true :(

Anyways... um since Jirachi isn't really an option... In the past I've used both Totodile and Cyndaquil so I'll go with Chikorita even though it's kind of risky... um, besides that... I think maybe if I find some way to evolve it I would love to get either a Gengar or Alakazam... else (and I think it's gonna be the else) I will most likely go with Pidgeot, Sneasel (I pray that i spelled it right...), maybe a Tentacruel as I've never given it a chance... probably Ho-Oh/Lugia depending on which game I get.. and more I don't know yet.

Offtopic question: will it be possible bringing those Pokemon from GS to Pokebank and to Sun/Moon?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Oh god, I'm not sure. I'll probably be getting both Gold and Silver so that I can trade between them (and hopefully with my eShop Red and Yellow? I'm sure that will be allowed?) and get some favorites like Gengar, Slowking, and Politoed. But I also want Umbreon, Smeargle, Furret, Forretress...selecting a team for GSC is always difficult, aha. I'll just have to wait and see what I'm in the mood to raise come the time the games are out.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • My original team was like half Water-types and had the Legendary Beasts and everything (shhh I was a kid) so I don't think I would repeat that haha. I want to use a bit of the same Pokemon and some different ones, while also keeping my team different from my HGSS one (Feraligatr, Furret, Jumpluff, Aipom, Noctowl, Wobbuffet).

So I think I would go with Meganium, Pidgeot (from my original team, my powerhouse), Sudowoodo (also for the throwback), and then three others that I haven't decided on. Maybe Qwilfish because I've always been fond of it.

Years
  • Oh god, I'm not sure. I'll probably be getting both Gold and Silver so that I can trade between them (and hopefully with my eShop Red and Yellow? I'm sure that will be allowed?) and get some favorites like Gengar, Slowking, and Politoed. But I also want Umbreon, Smeargle, Furret, Forretress...selecting a team for GSC is always difficult, aha. I'll just have to wait and see what I'm in the mood to raise come the time the games are out.

Wait, I don't get it. How can you trade between Gold and Silver on one 3DS?

Years
  • I'm not sure yet tbh, probably Typhlosion, Ampharos and Skarmory, not sure about the rest of my team tbh.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • If it'll still work, I might do that glitch where you can get all three starters in one save file and have them all on my team. As for the other half of my team, I'm gonna try and use Pokemon I've either never used before or don't use that often.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay so I thiiinkk...

Totodile, maybe.

Mainly because I haven't used it much before in GSC.

Okayyy. I'm gonna get both but start with Silver as I've never played it before.

Totodile
    Abra
    Vulpix
    Meowth
    Venonat
    Hitmon-something.

Using Pokemon that I thought were cool back in the day but never really got the chance to use :)

Gold I'll be more srs business!

Years
  • If it'll still work, I might do that glitch where you can get all three starters in one save file and have them all on my team. As for the other half of my team, I'm gonna try and use Pokemon I've either never used before or don't use that often.

I believe it works; as far as I know all the glitches on RBY worked on 3DS too so I doubt they actually fixed any glitches. Which means; the 3 starter pokemon glitch should work.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    There's a few Pokemon i would really want to try using but i doubt i will be able to trade so right now perhaps something along these lines?

- Typlosion
    - Quagsire
    - Xatu
    - Forretress
    - Furret
    - ???

This is subject to change. Really when it comes down to it i will just be trying not to use the same Pokemon I've used several times in the past (feraligatr, bellossom, ampharos, espeon) despite being my favorites haha.

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    I'd like my final team to look something like this:

Typhlosion - always going to be one of my favorite starters.
    Crobat - cause I'm a confuse ray nut
    Heracross - one of my favorite gen 2 pokemon
    Kadabra - won't do a run without a good dab, brah
    Gyarados - still think it's cool to this day
    Dragonite - i likede powah

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Team I'd probably use but might change later

Typhlosion - favorite starter
    Furret - cute, semi HM slave
    Noctowl - cool owl