• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first videogame?

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
  • I don't know what was first but the earliest games I can remember playing were Tomb Raider on PS1 and Mario 64 on N64. I also played Half Life when that first came out, but that was a little later.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    For me, it was probably either the original Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt, or Super Mario Bros 3, both on the NES.
    For the longest time, those were my only games. (My NES still works, I should play it again over the weekend.)

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • My first "proper" game was Crash Bandicoot 2.

However, if you also count those educational games as videogames, then it's either Jumpstart Kindergarten or 4th Grade (can't remember which one was truly first). Both are still amazing games though :O

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • Tbh I honestly have no idea which video game was my first, as my dad got me to play them from such a young age. If we're including educational games then the first Zoombinis is probably up there. I remember attempting to play games that my dad liked like Rome: Total War (the first one). I had a PS2 (not sure whether that came before or after the PC games) with stuff like Ratchet and Clank 3, Sonic Heroes and this Monsters Inc. game which was actually for the PS1 so I could play it but it didn't save so I had to try and complete as much as I could in one sitting every time I played it. I didn't start playing Pokemon until the games had moved from the GBA to the DS (my first Pokemon games were Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team and Pokemon Ranger, followed by Pokemon Diamond)

I never owned a Gameboy :c

Yukari

Interestingly my parents never wanted me to play video games. That only lasted like 5 years.

Years
  • Not honestly 100% sure on that one, started with the NES and SNES though so my best guess would be a Mario game. Maybe at the age of 4 or 5.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Mike Tyson's Punch Out and Jackal for the NES were some of my earliest video games if I recall. I have horrible PTSD of Soda Popinski's laugh as he stood over my lifeless body in the ring :3 My brother was an absolute beast at that game; got as far as Mr. Sandman - one of the few games that my brother will always hold a better standing on me on haha.

Back