• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kind of newish......need help

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2017
    Recently I started collecting cards again along with my 5 year old...... I'm going to try to complete a couple sets and learn how to play the tcg.... bit in the mean time I was hoping to get some advice on a couple cards I pulled. Everything I see online values these cards at around $35 each the cards in question a tapu lele gx 60/145 I don't know how to post image sorry

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2022
    Tapu lele does indeed go around 35$ but unlike shaymin she's far from worth it.
    If you can find someone willing to pay that for her, do yourself a favor and sell her ;)
    At my locals here, while quite a number of people ask for her, no one is actually willing to pay for her and definitely not for that price (that is aside from like 1 guy who's proven in the past to have no idea what the value of money is).

If you play tcg online as well, you can get quite a bit for her in trades.

I personally tried her out and she's been a dead card every single match I played with her.

Years
  • Tapu lele does indeed go around 35$ but unlike shaymin she's far from worth it.
    If you can find someone willing to pay that for her, do yourself a favor and sell her ;)
    At my locals here, while quite a number of people ask for her, no one is actually willing to pay for her and definitely not for that price (that is aside from like 1 guy who's proven in the past to have no idea what the value of money is).

If you play tcg online as well, you can get quite a bit for her in trades.

I personally tried her out and she's been a dead card every single match I played with her.

It's a matter of knowing how to use Lele. There are 3 phases to it: Wonder Tag when you bring it in, Heal Drive for saving an attacker or two you've built up, and Energy Drive to sweep.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2022
    It's a matter of knowing how to use Lele. There are 3 phases to it: Wonder Tag when you bring it in, Heal Drive for saving an attacker or two you've built up, and Energy Drive to sweep.

really, didn't know that ....

Anyway, her ability is what makes people so fond of her. Never been able to use that ability.
    Her energy attack is definitely a good back up but her HP is so low she gets one shotted by anything I've come across so far.
    Seeing a deck that doesn't deal +200 damage on single hits, has been very rare for me with sun and moon.
    The only decks that don't one shot you either kill you while on your bench or stun you just to 2 shot you.
    Then of course decks like mine that makes you waste energy over and over just to do a single attack. Especially when it comes to special energy like double colorless. Tbh I haven't even seen a single person use tapu lele's attacks against me. They mostly play her, get a supporter and it sits on the bench just like what Shaymin is/used to be.
    Then you got her GX attack, while great and all, you mostly have another GX pkmn's GX move that you prefer to use. Most likely one on which your deck is based.

Tapu lele is just that extra basic pokemon with which you don't want to start your match.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2017
    What are some of the morning desired cards in the set...... value and playability

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2022
    What are some of the morning desired cards in the set...... value and playability

I assume you mean "more" and not morning ...

And from guardians risings ... suppose it mostly depends on what people want to play.
    A few simple trainers are always on demand because of how playable they are. These are great in every deck, trainers like: choice band, enhanced hammer but also more specific trainers like: aqua patch for all those water decks.
    Of course most GX's cards as well but what I personally get asked for most would be: ninetales, drampa, tapu koko, sylveon.
    There are also a few of the more "common" cards that have been making quite a fuzz like garbodor, golisopod, victreebel and trevenant but these are pretty much worth nothing (money wise).

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    really, didn't know that ....

Anyway, her ability is what makes people so fond of her. Never been able to use that ability.
    Her energy attack is definitely a good back up but her HP is so low she gets one shotted by anything I've come across so far.
    Seeing a deck that doesn't deal +200 damage on single hits, has been very rare for me with sun and moon.
    The only decks that don't one shot you either kill you while on your bench or stun you just to 2 shot you.
    Then of course decks like mine that makes you waste energy over and over just to do a single attack. Especially when it comes to special energy like double colorless. Tbh I haven't even seen a single person use tapu lele's attacks against me. They mostly play her, get a supporter and it sits on the bench just like what Shaymin is/used to be.
    Then you got her GX attack, while great and all, you mostly have another GX pkmn's GX move that you prefer to use. Most likely one on which your deck is based.

Tapu lele is just that extra basic pokemon with which you don't want to start your match.

Tapu-Lele GX is by far the biggest staple the game has right now. Shaymin is, and always was, kinda trash. It can't take a hit, it's attack is naff, its HP is abysmal and it's a two prize dummy for a few extra cards. Lele is whatever supporter you need, a massive healing option and a decent attacker with zero type weakness, a respectable 170HP and usable access to choice band. We'll play online and I'll one hit you with a Lele and show you how to use it.

Back