• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi!
    I recently was testing your battle system in my game when this error showed up in the positioner:
    Code:
    Exception: NameError
    Compiler:2274:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:4020:in `pbCompileAllData'
    Compiler:4123
    Is there a way to fix the issue?
    Thanks!

I had this same issue, I just Copied my Data folder from my project every single time I wanted to open the positioner. (I didn't know which file was throwing the error.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2024
    Hey dude, can you add a option to make the pokémon of the first place on the party enter on the battle like on Pokémon HG/SS? That will combine with the follow pokémon script and will be way more cooler! :D

Years
  • I'm having an issue with the system where one of my Pokémon has a fairy type move which shows on the summary screen, but in battle, it comes up as a shadow move. How would I fix this?

Years
  • I'm having an issue with the system where one of my Pokémon has a fairy type move which shows on the summary screen, but in battle, it comes up as a shadow move. How would I fix this?

This is an issue with your graphics not agreeing with your types.txt file.

switch the locations of the Fairy and Shadow graphics in the file moveSelButtons.png

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Major Update!

Hey ho, so the next iteration of your favourite Battle System mod is here. This has been in the works for quite some time, and after the feedback I've received from everyone, we finally have a conclusive version of this thing. So as you might expect there are several major changes in this version, most notable being the complete UI overhaul. Here's a break-down of the key features:
    • Performance improvements across the whole system
      Shocking, I know. There was a portion of redundant code or animation wait times that have simply been eliminated. Other portions of the system have been further optimize as to not be too intensive on the resources
    • Bugfixes
      I can't remember all the things I've fixed anymore, but you can be sure that they're there
    • Brand new UI
      In case you missed it from the screenshots, or the other times I've mentioned it so far, the UI has recieved a huge cosmetic overhaul. Now more compact than ever, immerse yourself deeper into the battle scene.
    • New configuration toggles
      New toggles have been added for various functionality (most notable being turning battle bases on/off and applying a blur to the battle background)
    • Lots of animation tweaks
      You probably won't notice most of these, but I've tweaked a lot of the animations, including the main vector. The main vector now also comes in a unique version for double battles.
    • New animations
      StatUp and StatDown have brand new, custom made animations. There are some other little animations scattered throughout the system.
    • Ability messages[BETA]
      Now ... this is still an ongoing experiment of mine. Since the system has to remain user friendly and completely plug-n-play, the way these ability messages work will not be identical to the main games. For example, due to the way Essentials plays the StatDown animation before displaying the message for Intimidate, you'll be greeted with the animation first and then the message here as well. I'm afraid there isn't much I can do when it comes to that, without re-writing a significant chunk of code behaviour in vanilla Essentials. Also, I'm just one dude, so I haven't tested out all the possible ability messages, so if something is not popping up when it should, or is popping up when it shouldn't, let me know.
    Since this update is very intricate, all of the script sections have been updated. So please be sure to update them all. Also, a lot of new files are added to the main Resource Pack, so make sure to grab the necessary items. I haven't tested this new version with Essentials B/W yet, but I think there should be no problems (although due to my laziness, the bottom screen will still use the legacy UI). I strongly recommend using this with the latest version of Essentials. Backwards compatibility is still there, but there are some things omitted when running on an older version of Essentials due to the (positive) changes made in v16.x.

Years
  • It looks very clean I would say the new version. I mean it felt like a little off since I felt strange not seeing like the exp bar on the opponents side but then again they don't need it. I think I'll get this new update specially because of the the UI for choosing the battle options. I'll just wish it works without any problems in the BW essentials.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    I have an error I am using old version of EBS i get this error i will post screenshot later it shows pbstartscene in EBUI script and says u need to define it can u say how to fix it. Any help is appreciated. Btw will upgrading to latest version fix the problem?

Using essentials 16.1 to be precise

Years
  • Loving the new UI! Looks really clean and doesn't clutter up the screen as much as the old UI did. Nice work! ^^

I found a fewww, sliiiiighty tiny weenie bugs though;

• Moving Buttons - When I was on the main battle menu (with the fight, bag, pokemon, escape options), I was mashing my arrow keys between the buttons and suddenly the buttons on-screen gradually "glided" off to the right of the screen. I tried mashing the buttons again and then they "glided" back on-screen and stopped when they reached their original positions. It's a bit tricky to replicate, but I found it occurs when pressing the opposite arrow key just after pressing the one before that. It also stops you from selecting the other buttons sometimes and messes up what button you picked when trying to select one with C.
    • Battle Message Box - In the Fight menu, the bottom of the battle message box doesn't seem to touch the bottom of the screen, leaving a gap one or two pixels big. I imagine that can be fixed with some simple Y position changes.
    • Quieter Battle Music - During battle with wild Pokémon and Trainers, the volume of the battle music seems to be a lot quieter when compared to everything else (victory themes, over world, etc.), and all the music in previous versions used to sound on the same dB level. It didn't happen in the previous version of EBS I had, so is it a bug or a design choice?

Other than that the EBS is running great! I'll let you know if there are any more issues :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2016
    I have Error :
    If battle willl pokemon:
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `isShiny?' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0xa9975f0>
    #4:2332:in `refresh'
    #4:2198:in `appear'
    #2:413:in `pbStartBattle'
    #1:110:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2603:in `pbStartBattle'
    PField_Field:1098:in `pbWildBattle_old'
    PField_Field:1097:in `pbSceneStandby'
    PField_Field:1099:in `pbWildBattle_old'
    PField_Field:1096:in `pbBattleAnimation'
    PField_Field:1096:in `pbWildBattle_old'

If traner battle:
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: Section213:2332:in `refresh'undefined method `isShiny?' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0x927a530>
    ***Full script:
    pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::HANG,"aiM",_I("M¹nh!"),false,0,false,0)
    Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
    #4:2198:in `appear'
    #2:1075:in `pbTrainerSendOut'
    #1:291:in `pbSendOutInitial'
    #1:192:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2603:in `pbStartBattle'
    PTrainer_NPCTrainers:496:in `pbTrainerBattle'
    PTrainer_NPCTrainers:495:in `pbSceneStandby'
    PTrainer_NPCTrainers:497:in `pbTrainerBattle'
    PTrainer_NPCTrainers:494:in `pbBattleAnimation'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:794:in `command_111'
    Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:193:in `update'
    Interpreter:106:in `loop'
    Interpreter:198:in `update'
    Scene_Map:103:in `update'
    Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:114:in `update'
    Scene_Map:68:in `main'

Last edited:

Jttyzzle

Creator of Pokémon Alchemist.
    Years
  • Hello, I'm loving the new version of Elite Battle, but I seem to be getting an error.
    When I, or my playtesters, throw a Pokeball, nothing happens. It consumes the ball and gives the message Player threw a Pokeball!
    It skips the enemies turn as well. When I throw another Pokeball, it gives me this error message.

Spoiler:

I am using Pokemon Essentials 16v2, with the newest version of Elite Battle.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    Loving the new UI! Looks really clean and doesn't clutter up the screen as much as the old UI did. Nice work! ^^

I found a fewww, sliiiiighty tiny weenie bugs though;

• Moving Buttons - When I was on the main battle menu (with the fight, bag, pokemon, escape options), I was mashing my arrow keys between the buttons and suddenly the buttons on-screen gradually "glided" off to the right of the screen. I tried mashing the buttons again and then they "glided" back on-screen and stopped when they reached their original positions. It's a bit tricky to replicate, but I found it occurs when pressing the opposite arrow key just after pressing the one before that. It also stops you from selecting the other buttons sometimes and messes up what button you picked when trying to select one with C.

• I´ve experienced that one too. About the others Im not sure.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2016
    Hello, I'm loving the new version of Elite Battle, but I seem to be getting an error.
    When I, or my playtesters, throw a Pokeball, nothing happens. It consumes the ball and gives the message Player threw a Pokeball!
    It skips the enemies turn as well. When I throw another Pokeball, it gives me this error message.

Spoiler:

I am using Pokemon Essentials 16v2, with the newest version of Elite Battle.

I am getting the same exact error. Hopefully there will be a fix soon but for the mean time I guess I'll fiddle around with it to see if I can figure it out.

EDIT: Until there is an actual fix this should do for now:
    change the line in question (874) to @vector.set(-280,520,25,348+260,1.5,1)
    As for the skipping turns, sorry I don't know what to say I wasn't having that issue.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • If you guys don't like to check the changelog before posting things, that's up to you. I've already uploaded the fixes at 10 AM GMT. Help yourself ... yeah?

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
  • Hi Luka, I just updated the EBS with the latest fix (as in the one posted on June 10) and everything works flawlessly except for the mega evolution animation.
    After attempting a mega evolution this error pops up:

and the game goes on to the next turn.

I traced the problem to line 750 of EB_Scene (def pbMegaAnimation) where:

Code:
    @vector.set(-250,510,25,348+220,1.5,1)

has been changed to:

Code:
    @vector.set(-280,520,vector[2],348+260,1.5,1)

Replacing the new line with the old line fixed the problem, the mega animation is working fine now.
    You might want to check it, even though the project where i tested this isn't a clean version of PE so I can't strictly call it a bug.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Either I've done something wrong, or Essentials BW doens't like the new update. Everytime I run it, I get this at startup:

EDIT: Welp. It did exactly the same thing with vanilla Essentials. I definitely did something wrong. It just worked. Out of the blue. Vanilla Essentials accepted it. Odd

I deserve a new title - idiot of the millenium

Last edited:
    Years
  • Found another slight issue:

After catching a Pokemon and deciding to give it a nickname, the Ally's UI (HP Bar, Exp Bar, etc.) appears in front of the naming2bg graphics. I've attached an image to show what I mean. Now that I think about it, there are also several instances where the UI for the Ally stays visible for a few frames between transitions and events (most notably after beating a wild Pokemon/Trainer; the UI is still visible right up to the screen fading to black. In ORAS the UI disappears way before the fading out of battle). It may be worth changing it in that style to see how it looks?

Also I hate to bring this up again after mentioning it before, but has anyone else experienced a decrease in the volume of the battle music during a wild/trainer fight? It's definitely not the music files themselves. Still having a look at what may be causing that.

EDIT: It also appears in front of the Pokedex Entry when catching a Pokemon.

Attachments

buggy picture.png
      34.5 KB · Views: 33
      buf2.png
      34.6 KB · Views: 16
    Last edited:
    Back