• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] It Begins

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years

It Begins

Rated M

I. Introduction

In the beginning, Religion says that god created the universe. Science says that it was the big bang. Both are correct and incorrect. For in the beginning, there was a singularity from which all life was formed. A single space, infinite in size and filled with an immeasurable number of possibilities. And from this space came the world we know today, forged by the champions' hands as they saw fit.

Though our universe did begin from this single point, it is not where time first began. Before this first space was created, there was another. The universe in which your parents ruled before their creations turned on them and killed every last one of their brothers and sisters with which they had created their universe with. Your father and mother however were powerful enough to defeat their creations and begin the development of a new universe, however they lacked the will and abilities necessary to recreate their universe in the way that they saw fit. So with a final wish of hope, from the death and destruction of this previous world, you and your siblings were created.

Shortly after your creation and ascension into self awareness, your parents forced you into an infinite and timeless universe without direction. Your goal? To accumulate the powers necessary to create and rule your own universe alongside your siblings. The means by which you'll come into these powers is... well... a bit on the darker side. To finally grasp this right which you were given at birth, you must take the rights given to your brothers and sisters. In a massive, bloody battle you must kill your siblings and take from them their hopes, dreams, and aspirations, but most of all their Right to create and rule.

II. How Will It Work

You will create a character who is in possession of a single right. All charactes will be humanoid in shape, but can be any sort of creature so long as it maintains that form. For example you could be a slime, a giant, a lizard-man or anything else with a humanoid shape. If you have any questions as to whether or not something classifies as humanoid, just ask.

After creating this character, you will give them a Right. A Right is a power like a simple element, a concept or an idea. Fire, water, and electricity are examples of elements, while darkness, light, and time are concepts. Ideas are relegated to NPCs, and are significantly more powerful than any other Right due to them potentially overlapping with some other Rights by nature. These NPCs will not be openly available for you to fight at the beginning, but towards the end of the RP they will make an appearance. As you choose your right, you should also decide how it manifests. If your Right is fire, do you become it or simply control it? If you control it, is it bound to your mind or to your arms, legs or various orifices?

At the beginning of the RP I'll make up a short list of roughly twenty Rights. The characters to which they belong are up to you to expand upon if you'd like to. If you find a power you like but dont' necessarily care for it to be on your character, then you might decide to approach that person and make them into an ally. As you defeat and take Rights from other characters and potentially characters - if both PCs are sure they're ready to go down that dark road - your Right will manifest and consume theirs, adding it into itself. There will be certain Rights down the line which will function somewhat differently than the regular Rights, but when they appear I'll give a quick explanation. Also, let it be known that for every Right that is taken over by a PC, another Right is taken by an NPC. NPCs will continually scale with PCs so that no one is ever left at an apparent disadvantage. However, if you've come to control an NPC you will be responsible for acquiring Rights for them as well.

The battlefield is always up to your discretion. The world as it currently is has no map, but is a fluctuating and ever-changing point in space. One second you may look beside you and see a vast ocean, and the next you may see of an endless desert. This world currently is made up of the memories of your parents and the last fragments of the reality that they had created together.

III. Where Do I Sign Up?

Right here.

Name:

Form: Your appearance, including race and gender.

Personality: How do you see this war? How do you feel about your siblings? What are your goals for the end of this battle? Do you intend to make friends with your brothers and sisters, or will you do as your parents instructed and take their lives and Rights?

Your Right and How It Manifests: If you have any questions here just ask. I'll be happy to help.

IV. Rules and Player List

- Follow all PC and RPT rules.
- This RP will be rated M and will possibly put players in adult situations. Expect coarse language, blood, gore and excessive violence.
- Once the RP begins, you will have 2 weeks to make each post. I'll give a 1 week extension should you be unable to write. Should you fail to meet these marks, your character will have their Right(s) taken by an NPC.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I forgot to give examples of what Ideas are so I'll just put a few here so that you can get the general idea of what not to go for. Ideas are more general powers and as such overlap with other rights. Creation, Destruction, Nature, and Probability are all things which fall into the realm of Ideas. They're very broad topics which can cover and relate to any number of things, or are simply OP in nature such as Probability or Reality Manipulation.

Pikamander7

Ace Trainer
Years
Here's my SU. If you want explanations, PM me. Also, is there gonna be a Discord chat for this?
Name: Ryden
Form: Dragon-like color changing scales with dragon wings
Personality: Ryden is pretty calm, but he always has snide comments for his siblings. He seldom takes things seriously, but he will fight with everything he has to win.
Right: Fire bending. Ryden can cover parts of his body in fire of any color or temperature as well as shoot it from his mouth.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Once you guys get your SUs in we can probably go ahead and start. One other has been expressing interest and asking questions through PM so that makes a total of 4 so far. That's definitely a number that we can work with if we need to. I plan to start the RP's IC around Monday night or Tuesday morning so there's still plenty of time to think and work through whatever you feel like doing. Once the RP begins, I'll allow a week for anyone else who wants to join in to do so until we've reached our 6 player maximum.

In the meantime, I'll relay some of the things I've said to in PM about the world which I didn't include in the OP.Time in this RP functions similarly to space. There is a constant flow, but the siblings each will experience it differently with each passing moment. Whereas with space you could be in an ocean one moment and then a desert the next, with time you could experience its flow jumping 'normally' by seconds at one point, and then by months or years at another. Every sibling despite being 'born' at relatively the same time, are all of various ages and maturities due to this fluctuation.

As each sibling is technically a god, they are immortal in that they cannot die by aging, nor can their state of being deteriorate from the normal flow of time found in this world which you currently reside. Every being was created roughly equal in the eyes of their parents, and when Rights and forms are set aside, their feats can all be matched equally. It is only through the addition of these things that the gaps in power begin to arise and strife ensues.

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I'm relatively interested, but I'd like to see some other sign-ups go up before I start working on something myself.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
Years
Not sure how well this will go and how humanoid this is but here's my SU
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Not sure how well this will go and how humanoid this is but here's my SU
Spoiler:

It looks good so far, you'll just need to change how it manifests. Manifest meaning how you utilize it. So like do you use your mind to control the darkness, are you darkness itself or do you emit darkness through hands,feet or various orifices?

Sparkin

Form: Human

Misham Adecord is a male human, with 5'11 of height. Although the time does not affect his age, he seems to be a little old, with his hair falling off little by little. But the beautiful beard he has makes up.
Misham does not like wearing clothes because he likes to feel free. But his siblings implied that he would have to wear at least trousers for obvious reasons.

Personality

Misham is very suspicious about others, and does not like to relate deeply, especially with his siblings. He believes that this war is just a waste of time, and that he would not feel comfortable being responsible for leading a world.
Even if someone shows himself worthy of his trust, Misham will have many difficulties in getting him to trust him, since he has already been betrayed by his brother once.
Misham's goal is to stop this war, by killing his siblings and acquiring his powers, to create a world free of gods, ruled only by the creatures that reside in him.

Right: Wind

Misham is able to create strong gusts of wind, using them to fend off targets or to propel his body, which can also be used to fly, however it is not a mastered skill.

Good enough?

Last edited:
Years
Name: Flora

Form:
Spoiler:

Flora appears as a slender, 6 foot tall humanoid with pale skin, long green hair, and hazel eyes. She dresses in green, yellow, and brown clothing, reflecting her connection to nature. She has another, larger form, a tree-like beast nearly 20 feet tall, covered in rough bark and whip-like vines. It is uncertain which is her true form, as she can effortlessly shift between the two, but she seems to prefer the smaller, feminine body.

Spoiler:

Personality: Despite her youthful appearance, Flora is sometimes considered the most mature of the siblings, even being called the Team Mom occasionally. She doesn't like the idea of going to war, but she also refuses to surrender her Right, as she doesn't believe her siblings would use her powers responsibly. If she had her way, the siblings would work together in harmony, as friends, perhaps with one of them overseeing the rest to keep them in line. She finds it only natural that she would be that Overseer, having the most experience tending to and guiding life. She generally remains calm and forgiving, however, anyone causing undue destruction or harm to her "leafy babies" is in store for swift retribution.

Your Right and How It Manifests: Flora possesses the Right of Nature, specifically the power of Growth. The first seeds were grown inside her, and she can coax existing plants to grow and shape at her whim, or she can grow new plant-like appendages from her body. Her most common uses are: sprouting long vines from her arms or back, summoning razor sharp leaves as either swords or thrown projectiles, and sprouting grasping weeds and roots to entangle and ensnare foes. With an effort of will, she can shift between her smaller, more agile human form and her larger, stronger tree form, or back again. Her tree form can be grown even larger, but it takes more time to grow and effort to maintain.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Everything looks good so far you guys! Really looking forward to how you all will portray these characters.

Your Right and How It Manifests: Flora possesses the Right of Nature, specifically the power of Growth. The first seeds were grown inside her, and she can coax existing plants to grow and shape at her whim, or she can grow new plant-like appendages from her body. Her most common uses are: sprouting long vines from her arms or back, summoning razor sharp leaves as either swords or thrown projectiles, and sprouting grasping weeds and roots to entangle and ensnare foes. With an effort of will, she can shift between her smaller, more agile human form and her larger, stronger tree form, or back again. Her tree form can be grown even larger, but it takes more time to grow and effort to maintain.

As long as you keep the plantlife connected to your body in some way it looks a-ok. Also since the Nature Ideas are some of the stronger categories, I'd ask that you try not to make it too OP IC until you've obtained one or two other Rights.

How it manifests: He is the darkness, he also emits it through his antlers and uses it through his half hooved hands.

What do you mean that he is darkness? Is his body itself made of darkness and he just transmits it through his hands and antlers? Just so you know, if that is the case then your power would be limited to the darkness within yourself unless/until you can grab another Right that's similar to and more powerful than your own.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
also, so you guys know, when you take on a new right you have two options. you can make it cumulative and just add it into your collection as something you can choose to use or not to use, or you can fuse it together with your own right and create something new entirely. so for a simple example, if someone had water and gained fire, wanting to fuse them together instead of having both seperately they would get a type of steam power which could manifest in either the way that your right did or the way that the other right used to. but if you took on both seperately, it'd be like flipping a switch with a short delay. you wouldnt instantly be able to use water after using fire, nor could you use them at the same time. however, if your power manifested in a way that let you create objects with an element and then you switched to another, those objects would remain so you could stack something on top of what you already had.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
Years
What do you mean that he is darkness? Is his body itself made of darkness and he just transmits it through his hands and antlers? Just so you know, if that is the case then your power would be limited to the darkness within yourself unless/until you can grab another Right that's similar to and more powerful than your own.

Oh ok

Back