• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon FireRed Minus (GBC demake)

Years
some kinda shitty news but, my hard drive broke. I don't think I lost too much progress since the last backup I have is from August, but still kind of a bummer. On the bright side, I can experiment with some other ideas for other hacks that'll help me with this. For now though, this project is on hold.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 28, 2019
I'm glad to see this is alive, since I have always wanted something like this. Like a wide-screen version of Pokemon red

RoadToCerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover
Years
If you are looking for a patch for RBY music, you might want to gain permission from RichterSnipes (creator of Pokémon Throwback) as his hack features a GB player for RBY music. I have studied his hack a little and have created a few FR-devamped 8-bit songs.

Last edited:
Years
This was the latest version of FR- I had backed up before my external hard drive broke in September. I lost most of my work files as well, having to return to an even earlier backup of those i had saved. It's from August 2018 when I was adding in all the OW sprites. a pretty good place to lose my work and release the beta, to look on the bright side of things!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3h1550wofjyfy1v/FireRed Minus beta 18-08-05.rar?dl=0

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Aye, I am really sorry about your hard drive crashing, that really sucks and I do hope you manage to pull yourself into plowing full steam again. Also, thank you so mucbh for releasing this, I've been revisiting this thread now and then ever since my previous post.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 14, 2023
this is a tough call. but we hope you never give up to finish this hack

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
In team rockets hideout in cealadon city wen u take the elevator under heath the game corner in there hideout y does it glitch u n not take u to the floor Giovanni is on

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I loved the demake made in gbc. Can I improve the project and use it as a base?
I will give credits, I am a good person, so don't worry.

AGR-001

Lucas21a
Years
The "remaster" was great, but some things isn't faithful enough such as front and back sprites of trainers, and Professor Oak's intro by so far tho

.hack

skunkape
Years
This is pretty incredible! I really hope this is still in development and at least slowly progressing, I believe it could really be something special. I've had a blast playing it so far!
Anyone know how far the most recent build goes up to? And how much of the assets are finished? I've seen the intro/trainer battle sprites/pc UI isn't done but they don't bother me at all, a new title screen would be cool but I mostly mean in terms of maps and pokemon sprites.

SpringtraP-MasK

Just a Artist
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
hay is there any way you can include an optional patch that swaps the base game sprites for gen2 sprites?

Back