• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Complete Item Editor

PSYqualiac

King of Eatos!
Years
@mamamama and @MrDollSteak

*censored for profanity* *censored for profanity* *censored for profanity* *censored for profanity* *censored for profanity* *censored for profanity* *censored for profanity* *censored for profanity* *censored for profanity* *censored for profanity*

Now that I got that out of my system... Thank you for pointing me to that. I can't believe I completely missed that possibility. I am going to go shoot myself now and then after I get out of the hospital resume working. Thank you. (Not actually going to shoot myself... this time.)

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
P.S. I wouldnt have the foggiest idea as to how to delevel pokemon down to 50 (willingly or automatically) but it would be totally useful. I wanted to make a pokeball that deleveled pokemon (and devolved them if needed) so trainers could catch level 50 legendaries and train them up from say 10... or catch a superpowered 3rd evolution and train it up from its 1st evo... but I never looked into it that hard... its gotta be doable but probably requires some ASM.

De-levelling would be no problem and easy to implement. The pokemon level is stored in the party pokemon address and can be edited without decryption. You will need ASM though

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
@mamamama and @MrDollSteak

*censored for profanity* *censored for profanity* *censored for profanity* *censored for profanity* *censored for profanity* *censored for profanity* *censored for profanity* *censored for profanity* *censored for profanity* *censored for profanity*

Now that I got that out of my system... Thank you for pointing me to that. I can't believe I completely missed that possibility. I am going to go shoot myself now and then after I get out of the hospital resume working. Thank you. (Not actually going to shoot myself... this time.)

Either way, it did help me fix a glitch that caused the game to freeze up so thanks anyway lol
(cant believe i missed that too, I was having bulbasaur evolve into ivysaur)

PSYqualiac

King of Eatos!
Years
Either way, it did help me fix a glitch that caused the game to freeze up so thanks anyway lol
(cant believe i missed that too, I was having bulbasaur evolve into ivysaur)

Haha, So what you're telling me is that even when I wasted everyone's time, I was constructive? Haha, the name's "Jaden Yuki" and I'm absolutely FLAWLESS! *absolutely flawless*

In all seriousness, though. That's a feature you can implement into the program, an Evolution Stone that randomly alters level as well. If you can figure that out, you can be my wing-man anytime. (No homo.)

(P.S. Please pardon all of my YGOTAS, and consequently Top Gun, references. I just watched BBT-Abridged for the hundredth time last night.)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Haha, So what you're telling me is that even when I wasted everyone's time, I was constructive? Haha, the name's "Jaden Yuki" and I'm absolutely FLAWLESS! *absolutely flawless*

In all seriousness, though. That's a feature you can implement into the program, an Evolution Stone that randomly alters level as well. If you can figure that out, you can be my wing-man anytime. (No homo.)

(P.S. Please pardon all of my YGOTAS, and consequently Top Gun, references. I just watched BBT-Abridged for the hundredth time last night.)

I spent all day studying ASM and with a weekend of research I probably could make a deleveling item...

PSYqualiac

King of Eatos!
Years
I spent all day studying ASM and with a weekend of research I probably could make a deleveling item...

If I was any good at ASM, I'd help. But, anyways, if you could make a level altering script, that would be amazing.

As far as level changing goes, I'd say look at the code for rare candy. It levels you up by one. There may be a specifier of "how many levels" to level the Pokemon Up as well as a specifier (whether the same or different) that specifies a positive or negative change. (i.e. "-5" vs "+5") Now as I admit I don't understand ASM, I am probably completely wrong, but looking at Rare Candy's code may provide a shortcut as opposed to creating a whole new code. If you can then make it so the level doesn't have to be a fixed interval, but can be random, that would be another bonus.

Just a couple thoughts. Let me know if it is any help.

Let me know as soon as you get the prototype designed, I'll be sure to test it fully. And I'll be sure to factor in for Experience differences, unlike last time. :P

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I'm on a 64-bit Windows 7 notebook (with all of my OEM's interface drivers and Microsoft's .NET 4.0 and 4.5.1 both installed), and the executable is, as was said by others, throwing a startup error. Apparently, the program has a problem with some function or what that's working with Microsoft's core libraries (mscorlib.dll), with the .NET Framework 4.0. From what it says, it's an error to do with type loading, which says that it's just an erroneous piece of code on the dev's part. The source should be examined to find this, and hopefully we can get a new binary with this issue fixed – I really wanted to use this thing in my hack >>

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
I'm on a 64-bit Windows 7 notebook (with all of my OEM's interface drivers and Microsoft's .NET 4.0 and 4.5.1 both installed), and the executable is, as was said by others, throwing a startup error. Apparently, the program has a problem with some function or what that's working with Microsoft's core libraries (mscorlib.dll), with the .NET Framework 4.0. From what it says, it's an error to do with type loading, which says that it's just an erroneous piece of code on the dev's part. The source should be examined to find this, and hopefully we can get a new binary with this issue fixed – I really wanted to use this thing in my hack >>

Its a .net4.5 program... if ur using 4.0 that could be the problem.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Its a .net4.5 program... if ur using 4.0 that could be the problem.

I'm not using 4.0 alone, though. I have all major versions of the .NET framework exclusively installed (2.0 through 4.5.1), and the error is throwing something to do with .NET 4.0. That means that the program is running with .NET 4.0, and it's more than likely either .NET 4.5 is borrowing a function from 4.0 (doubtful, it's in the core libraries), or that you compiled it as such yourself.

Anyway, perhaps you're on to scraping the source for this bug, then? It would be really helpful as this thing's features are nearly unparalleled and the other item editors I've used are incredibly buggy…

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
I'm not using 4.0 alone, though. I have all major versions of the .NET framework exclusively installed (2.0 through 4.5.1), and the error is throwing something to do with .NET 4.0. That means that the program is running with .NET 4.0, and it's more than likely either .NET 4.5 is borrowing a function from 4.0 (doubtful, it's in the core libraries), or that you compiled it as such yourself.

Anyway, perhaps you're on to scraping the source for this bug, then? It would be really helpful as this thing's features are nearly unparalleled and the other item editors I've used are incredibly buggy…

try this one.
http://lsaentertainment.yolasite.com/resources/LSA - Complete Item Editor.zip

Alexander Nicholi

Years

Unfortunately, my laptop running Windows 7 was destroyed yesterday, so I am unable to verify whether your fix works or not (at least me, anyway).

Is there any reason you're compiling using the latest .NET framework? I've written tools in C# with .NET 2.0, which by the way is the only version compatible with W2K/ME. As another developer, I suggest you not use a later version than need be, as it would help those with older PCs (I'm on XP SP3 right now). Native code (C/C++) would be cool as well, but that's just a personal thing of mine. Sorry... :/

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Ok, so this tool is great. I used it to create some evolution stones and it worked fine, so I decided to create some more, but for some reason the "More Usage" button is grayed out on the new items.

Any idea why this would be?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Ok, so this tool is great. I used it to create some evolution stones and it worked fine, so I decided to create some more, but for some reason the "More Usage" button is grayed out on the new items.

Any idea why this would be?

do you want the technical answer or the quick one:
Technical
Spoiler:

Quick
Spoiler:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
do you want the technical answer or the quick one:
Technical
Spoiler:

Quick
Spoiler:

Right.

But, for making evolution stones don't I need access to that more usage section?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Hmm, I see. That is unfortunate. Thanks for your help.

thats 129 possible stones(minus some for the other items that also need that range)... how many did you need?!?

some people have made stones outside this area with some ASM code... not sure how it works but ive seen it in hacks.

Back