• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: A new gender role for both?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • I was just wondering if the staff could add a gender role for both? Like, both female/male? OwO Other doesn't fit me, and I don't really feel like being just one gender (even though I do lean a bit towards being female). Just wondering. ;w;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm not against more interesting options~

I think the arguments for having only three options (plus the option to not show your gender at all) was that it's simpler to cater to the most common 2 and just gather everything else under an "Other" umbrella. So Other technically does fit you and me ahah. It's just not very informative :)

If it still shows up as "non-binary" in postbits and profiles though, perhaps we should change that to display as "Other" as well though, as yeah, non-binary isn't as good an umbrella term as "Other". But I'm ok with a couple of more specific options too if more people think it would be nice! I just acknowledge that it's probs not likely to cater to every taste under the sky.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I'm not against more interesting options~

I think the arguments for having only three options (plus the option to not show your gender at all) was that it's simpler to cater to the most common 2 and just gather everything else under an "Other" umbrella. So Other technically does fit you and me ahah. It's just not very informative :)

If it still shows up as "non-binary" in postbits and profiles though, perhaps we should change that to display as "Other" as well though, as yeah, non-binary isn't as good an umbrella term as "Other". But I'm ok with a couple of more specific options too if more people think it would be nice! I just acknowledge that it's probs not likely to cater to every taste under the sky.

Yeah.That's actually what I was thinking... maybe have other just be "other" and people (like me or similar) can just state in their profiles or whatever of what they prefer? That would work just fine for me! Because you make a pretty good point since there's always so many varying options that even if you added one for both... that more people would probs pop up wanting something for theirs too. So yeah, totally fine with changing other to "other" for including all the options. :D

Years
  • Hi there! Just wanted to let you know that the administration team will discuss this, and will let you know what we decide to do~

Back