• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] New Let’s Go details revealed from Serebii playthrough

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • New Let?s Go details revealed from Serebii playthrough

Serebii Joe is a lucky duck, etc. Details in the article!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm slightly calmed by his observations :) maybe it will be an enjoyable game after all.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm slightly calmed by his observations :) maybe it will be an enjoyable game after all.
    Mixed here. I guess I'm a bit ambivalent as I felt it was already going to be a game not for the competitive player, and he's only played 2 hours; one of my concerns would be post-game content and overall things to do beyond catching Pokemon, which thus far is the focus (what with increased EXP for performing that action and all).

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I'm definitely a little baffled that they removed abilities and hold items, but assuming the main title Pokemon games come out in 2019 I think Pokemon Let's Go will be a fine distraction. Perhaps battles will be a little more straightforward for those who are newer to the series to make the transition to the main games.

Last edited:
    Years
  • It?ll be very interesting seeing how online battles play out without abilities or held items. What?s their excuse for Mega Evolutions though?

(tbh I wouldn?t mind if Gen 8 removes Mega Stones as a means of triggering Mega Evolution, broken as that may sound.)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Yeah I think they need to remove Mega Stones as well. This will allow them to create more Mega Pokemon without having to make more items, which leads to taking up a ton of space in data and in bag.

Again I never had a problem with these games, the only true problem I have is the lack of Johto region along side Kanto and it is only the original 151. Or for me 150, since I will not be buying a $40 to $50 dollar mew. And Kanto is just way too small to be its own game now. I just think it would have been so much better if they had included Johto.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    It?ll be very interesting seeing how online battles play out without abilities or held items. What?s their excuse for Mega Evolutions though?

(tbh I wouldn?t mind if Gen 8 removes Mega Stones as a means of triggering Mega Evolution, broken as that may sound.)

Axing Mega Stones is possible now that we have Z-crystals. Are Z-crystals actually in the game?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Axing Mega Stones is possible now that we have Z-crystals. Are Z-crystals actually in the game?
    There's been no mention of Z-Moves, unless I'm forgetting something from an interview. I doubt we will see them however.

There are no Mega Stones though, Mega Evolution is just... a button in this game.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Everyone forgets that Generation 1 didn't have abilities, genders(except for Nidoran) or anything that you all take for granted in current Generation of games. I mean sure it'd be awesome to include Johto and Generation 2 evolutions(not to mention breeding) but if they want to stay true to their Generation 1 roots, then LGPE would have to restrict everything to the first 151. Thing is that means no Dark Types, Steel Types, Fairy Types(Jigglypuff, Clefairy and Mr.Mime didn't have Fairy Typing back then) and just 1 Ghost AND Dragon Type Pokemon. Also would mean no Alolan Variants as well but if they're going back to their Generation 1 roots, why not merge Special Attack and Special Defense back into one category? *Rolls eyes*

Last edited:
    Back