• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Astra Adventures 2

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Pokemon Astra Adventures 2

Intro:
    Pokemon Astra Adventures 2 is a fan game created by myself using Pokemon Essentials & RPG Maker XP.
    Pokemon Astra Adventures 2 is a completely remade version of my original game.
    Astra Adventures 2 offers a more refined story with better tiles, mapping, eventing, etc... drawing from all of my experience from my other fan games.
    I intend to release an updated version of Astra Adventures over a series of a few weeks.
    The game is mostly complete, I just want to make sure that I've had plenty of play-testing and feedback before I release the next update.

Astra Adventures is set to feature more than just the Kanto region this time around which again will be completed over a few installments.

Story:
    Join Professor Oak's trainer program, traveling the region of Kanto, collecting Pokemon to complete the Pokedex and winning 8 Gym Badges to earn the chance to battle against the Kanto region's Elite Four.
    On your journey you will meet new trainers, both friends and foe. You may even have to save the world? Who knows what will happen there?

Download:
    Click Here to Download

Features:
    8 Gym Badges (2 in the current Demo)
    Multiple Rivals
    Evil Team
    Mega Evolution
    Regional Variants (Alola, Galar, Hisui)
    Extended Kanto Dex (Now includes Pokemon like Electivire and Kleavor) + A few special additions
    Brand New Movepools for every Pokemon in the Pokedex
    Brand New Fan Made Moves
    Over-World Wild Pokemon Encounters
    New designs for Areas of Kanto
    Brand New Weather and Terrain setting Items to help with battle combos
    New Evolution methods for Pokemon who would previously Evolve Via Trading
    New TM and TR list
    Air Taxi to replace Fly
    Following Pokemon

Screenshots:

Changes to Official Games:
    Spoiler:

Credits

Spoiler:

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
    No copyright infringements intended.
    Please support the official games!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Does this game have an EV/IV checker, a way to remove unwanted EV's, and a way to change your Pokemon's ability, IV's, and nature?

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Does this game have an EV/IV checker, a way to remove unwanted EV's, and a way to change your Pokemon's ability, IV's, and nature?

In the current demo you can't do it but I've already implemented mints and ability capsules.

I'm going to change how Evs are earned in the game but there will be some way of resetting Evs and the plan is to allow vitamins to be able to max out stats.
    IVs are being looked into as I'm not 100% sure on how to edit those as of yet.
    Starters from the professor will have max IVs though.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    oh sweet, I had to look through your list of past threads as this seemed familiar but its cool to see this back. Good luck with this project.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    hello,I just downloaded the demo and played with it about 10 minutes. But I ran into some problems. First, I had installed all the fonts,computer at home didn't show the word "potion",but I still could withdraw it. Second, pokemon did not display a name. Even the name of move showed a blank.
    Also hopefully,the game can speed up by ×2 or ×3.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    hello,I just downloaded the demo and played with it about 10 minutes. But I ran into some problems. First, I had installed all the fonts,computer at home didn't show the word "potion",but I still could withdraw it. Second, pokemon did not display a name. Even the name of move showed a blank.
    Also hopefully,the game can speed up by ×2 or ×3.

Try the download now, I've left the PBS files in and it worked for me. please let me know if there is still a problem. Thank you for letting me know.

oh sweet, I had to look through your list of past threads as this seemed familiar but its cool to see this back. Good luck with this project.
    Yeah this is almost a Remake of the original Astra Adventures but I've built it all from scratch. Changed the plot points, added new things etc... It's much of a smoother version but will take ideas and concepts from the original.
    hopefully once more is revealed people will see why i've decided to do this :)

Years
  • I'm confused - is this a spiritual sequel in the sense that I need to play the original Astra Adventures? Or is this meant to completely replace it, as a remake?

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    I'm confused - is this a spiritual sequel in the sense that I need to play the original Astra Adventures? Or is this meant to completely replace it, as a remake?

A bit of both, the original was supposed to be updated to have more things but it was a very early project so I wasn't as experienced building a game. In the end I just wasn't happy with it so it was scrapped and completely rebuilt to make this one.
    This version is set to have a lot more in it and it's much easier for me to make updates because of the way I've built it.

Years
  • A bit of both, the original was supposed to be updated to have more things but it was a very early project so I wasn't as experienced building a game. In the end I just wasn't happy with it so it was scrapped and completely rebuilt to make this one.
    This version is set to have a lot more in it and it's much easier for me to make updates because of the way I've built it.

So, should I play the original before experiencing this?

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Hi 30 Minutes in, a couple of script errors so far:
    1. i tried to speak to the chansey in the Pokemon Centre,
    2. i tried to trade my ponyta for the machop, another error, same with the magikarp for gastly.

I'll leave it there for now, other then all that, really like it, expshare-all at the beginning is cool , as well as seeing certain pokemon in grassy areas etc and the bonus xp candies. I had a team of charmander, pidgey, magikarp, ponyta ,oddish, nidoran, like the changing of some movesets etc, very much appreciated.
    Without going further for now, is there more trades available, i always find this to be great for trainers rather than trying to grind coins for a gamecorner, or having to be in one particular area.
    Also are there trainer rematches?
    Can't wait for the finished article, good luck, look forward to it.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Try the download now, I've left the PBS files in and it worked for me. please let me know if there is still a problem. Thank you for letting me know.

Yeah this is almost a Remake of the original Astra Adventures but I've built it all from scratch. Changed the plot points, added new things etc... It's much of a smoother version but will take ideas and concepts from the original.
    hopefully once more is revealed people will see why i've decided to do this :)

thanks, the font display problem has been solved. It's nice to see that the reset edition has more Pokemon than the original version. By the way, can you make the game be faster Like speeding up ×2 or ×3. When I played original Astra Adventures, I used a separate gear shift to speed up the game. But the gear does not apply to the reset version. Thanks again for solving the problem for me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    thanks, the font display problem has been solved. It's nice to see that the reset edition has more Pokemon than the original version. By the way, can you make the game be faster Like speeding up ×2 or ×3. When I played original Astra Adventures, I used a separate gear shift to speed up the game. But the gear does not apply to the reset version. Thanks again for solving the problem for me.

I'm not currently sure how to do it but I'll look into it

So, should I play the original before experiencing this?

No there's no need

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    Hi 30 Minutes in, a couple of script errors so far:
    1. i tried to speak to the chansey in the Pokemon Centre,
    2. i tried to trade my ponyta for the machop, another error, same with the magikarp for gastly.

I'll leave it there for now, other then all that, really like it, expshare-all at the beginning is cool , as well as seeing certain pokemon in grassy areas etc and the bonus xp candies. I had a team of charmander, pidgey, magikarp, ponyta ,oddish, nidoran, like the changing of some movesets etc, very much appreciated.
    Without going further for now, is there more trades available, i always find this to be great for trainers rather than trying to grind coins for a gamecorner, or having to be in one particular area.
    Also are there trainer rematches?
    Can't wait for the finished article, good luck, look forward to it.

I think I already know the issue with chansey that's an easy fix.

I thought I'd fixed the trades maybe it didn't save so I'll look into it again. But thanks for letting me know about this.

Game corner prizes aren't in the final project it's something completely different now.
    I could still add it in if people wanted?
    But yes there are lots of trades around the whole game as well as random gift Pokémon/new methods of finding the game corner Pokémon.

I wouldn't worry about exp the wild overworld encounters give out lots of candy and the trainers paired with exp share fully fill your team with exp.
    In testing I've been able to complete the full Pokédex as well as have a full team of well levelled Pokémon by the hall of fame.

Trainer rematches I'm just thinking of a nice way to do.
    I will have gyms and elite four rematches eventually. Thats a fairly easy sort out but regular trainers may take a more lot of time.
    But it's something to think about.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Anything else just let me know.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    I think I already know the issue with chansey that's an easy fix.

I thought I'd fixed the trades maybe it didn't save so I'll look into it again. But thanks for letting me know about this.

Game corner prizes aren't in the final project it's something completely different now.
    I could still add it in if people wanted?
    But yes there are lots of trades around the whole game as well as random gift Pokémon/new methods of finding the game corner Pokémon.

I wouldn't worry about exp the wild overworld encounters give out lots of candy and the trainers paired with exp share fully fill your team with exp.
    In testing I've been able to complete the full Pokédex as well as have a full team of well levelled Pokémon by the hall of fame.

Trainer rematches I'm just thinking of a nice way to do.
    I will have gyms and elite four rematches eventually. Thats a fairly easy sort out but regular trainers may take a more lot of time.
    But it's something to think about.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Anything else just let me know.

--------------------------------
    Glad to hear about the trades and the random gifts/new methods.
    Trainer rematches i get is a bit tricky, i never enjoy the random phone calls and have to go half way across the map, before a fly/surf etc was available, so it'll be interesting to see how you do this

One idea i had is the idea of a town having a local tournament, judged/view by the gym leader in order to face them.
    i just like a random local tournament, kind of like how the old trainer schools would be where you walk in and there a bunch wanting to test the new knowledge there learning. (could be trainers that each have a couple of pokemon, one trainer that poisons, another that stuns, confuses etc.

One other random thing, you mentioned about being able to complete a full pokedex etc, is there going to be an oaks assistant that when you catch a certain number of pokemon at various stages offers you something? previously it was item finder etc, but i don't know if that is another way of getting a pokemon e.g youve caught 25 pokemon, see the assistant and he offers you an eevee. or maybe afer 4 gym badges, you get offered a dratini etc.

Anyway, just rambling now, but once again looking forward to the final product.
    Much appreciated for your time and effort.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm currently working on writing some feedback for the game, but I'm a little anxious to go into Mt. Moon and beyond, because I don't want to get locked out of everything that comes before it, so I have to ask before I send my whole review of the game so far -

There's no clear direction on the Meltan Side Quest. What exactly am I supposed to do - catch every Meltan I see? Or do I just need the candies from each encounter? Because catching them is extremely tedious, but I don't wanna beat them all and then get locked out of a potential reward.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    I'm currently working on writing some feedback for the game, but I'm a little anxious to go into Mt. Moon and beyond, because I don't want to get locked out of everything that comes before it, so I have to ask before I send my whole review of the game so far -

There's no clear direction on the Meltan Side Quest. What exactly am I supposed to do - catch every Meltan I see? Or do I just need the candies from each encounter? Because catching them is extremely tedious, but I don't wanna beat them all and then get locked out of a potential reward.

To be honest the Meltan quest was just an added extra at the end.
    I wanted to trial something like legends but its something that I aim on developing.
    So far it's basically find all of them and it will unlock the Meltan Candy store so you'll be able to evolve it eventually.
    Currently you can just run from them but I was thinking maybe trade them in like you do in Pokemon Go for Candy?
    There will be a Meltan later in the game which will re spawn so it wont matter if you haven't found a good one throughout the game.
    I'm open to ideas about what I could do to improve this. I just wanted to add it to the game. It wont register on your dex yet.

Also I've kept the game open so you can freely roam back to old areas. I've added in a fast travel feature which you'll have access to once you hit cerulean as well.

I've not put much in terms of side quests in but It is something I would really like to add.
    As a one man fan game creating crew it's just been a casual build for fun and time is always a restrictive element.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Not a fan of forced double battles, and the first gym leader using Snorlax and Jigglypuff is a bit insane. I tried to find a mankey but theres no spot on route 23 for them to spawn

Years
  • To be honest the Meltan quest was just an added extra at the end.
    I wanted to trial something like legends but its something that I aim on developing.
    So far it's basically find all of them and it will unlock the Meltan Candy store so you'll be able to evolve it eventually.
    Currently you can just run from them but I was thinking maybe trade them in like you do in Pokemon Go for Candy?
    There will be a Meltan later in the game which will re spawn so it wont matter if you haven't found a good one throughout the game.
    I'm open to ideas about what I could do to improve this. I just wanted to add it to the game. It wont register on your dex yet.

Also I've kept the game open so you can freely roam back to old areas. I've added in a fast travel feature which you'll have access to once you hit cerulean as well.

I've not put much in terms of side quests in but It is something I would really like to add.
    As a one man fan game creating crew it's just been a casual build for fun and time is always a restrictive element.

Gotcha, thanks. Perhaps rather than trading in the Meltan themselves, you should restrict the candy drops to only upon beating or catching them, and the candies should be traded in at the aforementioned store in order for some kind of custom evolutionary item to evolve one Meltan into a Melmetal?

By the way, I have to give you props for creating your games all on your own. You're one of a fair few fan-game developers I've been watching the progression of for a while (not in a creepy way I swear haha), and it's incredible seeing the speed and efficiency at-which you create things. Regardless of what is criticised, one thing's for sure, all of your games are absolutely gorgeous, and Astra Adventures 2 is no different. I'll send my whole review at some point in the next couple of days at most, and most of the criticisms are just pointing out bugs to be fixed. So far, I've really enjoyed this game and I look forward to seeing future updates.

Back