• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 25, 2020
Im not sure where you are wanting this but ima put it here for now untill informed.
But when playing as a ranger and exploring the MT. if you havent talked to the ranger up at the Diner yet and entered the MT room where you are supposed to meet the seeker you are then stuck in the room i had to White out on a geodude so i could go back to the start just a Heads up

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2023
if i were you, i would make it so you cant be female, you already have to script a dialogue option for each career, having to double that in some cases to make it gendered would make scripting this even longer than it would take normally, you'd never finish it lol

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 17, 2017
I just wanna say Thank you for creating such an amazing hack
honestly it should be like a legit game its so fun and I just love everything about it
but I do have a problem when I try to get the Surf licence the game freeze I'm using version beta 2.1

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I just tried it and I have to say it's looking awesome so far! You did a very good job and I'm looking forward to see the progress of it!

Thanks so much! Hopefully I can finish it before hacking's official death =P

Good luck on refining this hack. I like the open world idea, a question though, up to what gens of pokemon does it contain because it seems you forgot to mention what pokemon gens your hack feature.

Whoops, I did! The pre-alpha doesn't contain any Pokemon past gen 3 as it's just a preview, later versions will include a mix of Pokemon from gens 1-6, maybe a few from 7.

Im not sure where you are wanting this but ima put it here for now untill informed.
But when playing as a ranger and exploring the MT. if you havent talked to the ranger up at the Diner yet and entered the MT room where you are supposed to meet the seeker you are then stuck in the room i had to White out on a geodude so i could go back to the start just a Heads up

Thanks for taking the time to post this! Can you possibly tell me a bit more about how this happened and what you mean by stuck? I'm trying to recreate this bug but I can't seem to find anything!

if i were you, i would make it so you cant be female, you already have to script a dialogue option for each career, having to double that in some cases to make it gendered would make scripting this even longer than it would take normally, you'd never finish it lol

Seeing as I'm a girl I'd feel like a traitor if people couldn't play as one =P there will definitely be an option to play as either gender, I just haven't fully decided if there should be separate gender patches (the easy option) or try to include the option at the beginning to be either.

how i download that???

You'll need to download a patcher such as Lunar IPS, a FireRed v1.0 ROM, and the attachment at the bottom of the thread. You can then patch your rom and play =)

I just wanna say Thank you for creating such an amazing hack
honestly it should be like a legit game its so fun and I just love everything about it
but I do have a problem when I try to get the Surf licence the game freeze I'm using version beta 2.1

Thanks a lot! The current version is the Pre-Alpha that's listed on the thread's main post, you've got a very old version that isn't being worked on any more. This is a remake =)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2023
Seeing as I'm a girl I'd feel like a traitor if people couldn't play as one =P there will definitely be an option to play as either gender, I just haven't fully decided if there should be separate gender patches (the easy option) or try to include the option at the beginning to be either.

Unless you plan on having characters "whisper" talking about the characters using adjectives/pronouns such as he/she or girl/boy then adding the ability to choose at the beginning wouldnt be to much work, You could always use unisex adjectives and pronouns such as kid/they etc. If you wanted you can have the entire game run off an event base. Such as if you pick girl then Event A activates Changing all the Dialogue as if it were Event 0. If this makes any sense. Sorry if It seems confusing.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Great demo. The start of the story was amazing. Keep up the good work. ;)
if you need any beta testers. I'll be there to help.

Last edited:

Tunak23

Blurson Of the Shore
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 26, 2024
Hey I'm glad that you came back to us!You might not remember me but I was here with a "different" profile when you gave us the news.

And this was truly a surprise to see one of my favourite Pokémon hacks back to life with a developer full of energy again.Man my hype is gigantic to think I will be able to continue my gang-member story on the game 😍😍😍

Will you keep the old characters on the game,such as the old gang boss Luxor(by the way the name I give to all my electric Pokémon) I'm curious about that.
Keep the good work we love you man 😉

Hawkeye17

The Dragon Tamer
Years
Man i always wanted a game where i can decide my career. I mean we all always wanted to be professor or a gym leader. Thank you for fulfilling it.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Feb 24, 2018
Hey I just wanna say one of the best side job is professor is you can make something out of it. Or champion/ elite four member. Once you beat the region you can decide to be a permanent league employ working from the elite four or champ positions. Getting champion position is only available after beating elite four and the champ but getting elite four requires all 8 gym badges and challenging the current member you want to replace. THIS will be an amazing feature I always wanted to manage my own league/ elite four it would be awesome dude. Please include this

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 12, 2018
I was just wondering why the download for the room is no longer up. Also when is the next update going to be out for it

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
i found a bug that some times on start the floor is all black and you can only see the people

Hey! I'm not 100% sure what you mean, could you provide a screenshot and let me know at what point it's happening? =)

Unless you plan on having characters "whisper" talking about the characters using adjectives/pronouns such as he/she or girl/boy then adding the ability to choose at the beginning wouldnt be to much work, You could always use unisex adjectives and pronouns such as kid/they etc. If you wanted you can have the entire game run off an event base. Such as if you pick girl then Event A activates Changing all the Dialogue as if it were Event 0. If this makes any sense. Sorry if It seems confusing.

Yeah I know what you mean =) due to some changes I've got it all worked out now, thanks though!

Great demo. The start of the story was amazing. Keep up the good work. ;)
if you need any beta testers. I'll be there to help.

Thanks! I'm hoping I'm not too far away from needing beta testers so I'll give you a shout when I have something =)

Hey I'm glad that you came back to us!You might not remember me but I was here with a "different" profile when you gave us the news.

And this was truly a surprise to see one of my favourite Pok?mon hacks back to life with a developer full of energy again.Man my hype is gigantic to think I will be able to continue my gang-member story on the game ??????

Will you keep the old characters on the game,such as the old gang boss Luxor(by the way the name I give to all my electric Pok?mon) I'm curious about that.
Keep the good work we love you man ??

Hey! Of course I remember you!! Thanks so much for sticking with me over the years haha. Yeah all of the main cast are returning and you'll be able to go through most of the same missions, only better, with more added and a few new faces to replace some of the "minor" characters who didn't really add much to the story to begin with. Because I'm going for a no-Fakemon route this time there are a couple of story changes, but there's so much going on that it hopefully won't detract too much from the original experience.

Man i always wanted a game where i can decide my career. I mean we all always wanted to be professor or a gym leader. Thank you for fulfilling it.

Thanks! Hopefully I can do it justice. =)

Hey I just wanna say one of the best side job is professor is you can make something out of it. Or champion/ elite four member. Once you beat the region you can decide to be a permanent league employ working from the elite four or champ positions. Getting champion position is only available after beating elite four and the champ but getting elite four requires all 8 gym badges and challenging the current member you want to replace. THIS will be an amazing feature I always wanted to manage my own league/ elite four it would be awesome dude. Please include this

Hey! Thanks for your comment! Not that your idea isn't brilliant but I won't be able to include this exactly as you've put it sadly. MoT has a Tournament instead of the traditional Elite 4 format of the canon games, also Gym Leaders are an optional side-challenge only, so you'll be able to compete in the "big" Tournament regardless of how many Gyms you've beaten.

I'm pinning this tab for sure. Can't wait to see this once it's closer to completion! This sounds like an incredible game, best of luck to you!!

Thanks mate! It won't ever be abandoned, just hope I can finish it sooner rather than later haha!

I was just wondering why the download for the room is no longer up. Also when is the next update going to be out for it

Reasons for the download not being up are on the main thread post =) The new update will be ready in the next couple of months I think, when I have a definite time in mind you guys will be the first to know - I'm pretty good at sticking to release dates once I've set them!

Can't wait to play the full game :D. The old one was awesome.

Thanks again! Hoping I've refined a lot from the old one over the years =)

ok big noobie question but how do I download this lol

Hey! As you probably know there isn't a download link for reasons stated in the main post =)

I love the mechanics from other RPG's. I would love to play future versions of this.

Cheers! Won't be too long now if all goes according to plan =)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 29, 2022
I really can't wait till the new download is available I saw a youtube post this in a top 5 and I just really wanna play lol!

Tunak23

Blurson Of the Shore
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 26, 2024
Hey AVARA please give us an update or something(screenshots mayhaps) you have us on edge!!!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 8, 2017
i was watching this on youtbue by a youtber and i really wanted to try it out - blushes- darn guess i cant right now until beta one comes out

Back