• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Rogue

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    i just joined the discord but i dont see a place to ask questions. i caught a galarian slowpoke but the prof said it doesnt have any evo options. Are Galarian slowbro and slowking unobtainable?

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2023
    Hi quick question what's 8 hidden ? Or 20+hidden. Cause they both don't work

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    So I understand why it was done, but forcefully ending a run if a save is loaded twice is a bad design choice.

I'm playing this on an emulator, and there are COUNTLESS times where for whatever reason, due to the emulator resetting or being closed, a save file is loaded twice. It's really frustrating to lose a strong run because of technical issues.

The thing is it doesn't even stop cheaters really. You can just use save states to circumvent the system entirely. I don't use save states because I don't want to cheat, and I'm being punished for that.

If people are going to cheat, they're gonna do it anyway. There's no reason to police that within the game itself.

You could just use the exact thing you're complaining about to circumvent your entire issue. Just save at the beginning of each round and keep as a backup. I WISH more games had a system like that just for multiple endings or even if a game gives me a 50/50 and the other one is MUCH better. It's not cheating unless you're using it to cheat.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2023
    I dont know where else to report it as i somehow cant access the discord, but ive had a bug twice in the same run now where ive fought Togekiss with Gatrodon and the Togekiss held a Marnga Berry which for some reason triggered every time i hit it with a special move instead of once. The eating animation was on Gastrodon every time for some reason, and now after the fight the leftovers it had are gone.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2023
    Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I've patched an emerald rom with the EX version but can't seem to access pokemon beyond gen 3? Have I done something wrong?
    Other than that this game is super fun and I'm really enjoying it

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Joined the forum to firstly say this game is amazing and such a throwback - I have to occasionally ban myself from playing it from time to time as I can sometimes sit for 12 hours straight on it!

However, my question is can Jolteon learn signal beam in the game? I got it to Lv100. and did a full run, up to the champion, however, none of the move tutors offer it, yet it can be taught in the base games? I'm currently trying to do a Jhoto run and I could teach it other moves but the move pool feels empty without it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2023
    Found another bug! This one was quite depressing.

Hoenn Rainbow quest run (Hoenn regional dex, rainbow mode)

I went into a Legendary encounter and found a shiny Groudon. Awesome!

I used a Master Ball and caught it, replacing my Mega Sableye. After the encounter, I didn't have a Groudon in my team... I had a newly shiny Sableye with different IVs and the moveset of Groudon.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-27 000439.png
      Screenshot 2023-03-27 000439.png
      129.8 KB · Views: 11
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    So, I'm going for the Kanto Style quest and the Random Trade guy gave me a shiny Porygon. I used a save state to check if it registered that for the Breeding Program because I'd had some minor issues with similar things before, and it does not show up. Is there any way to get the game to register that I've encountered a shiny Porygon in an adventure? If I get to the Hall of Fame maybe?

EDIT: Made the hall of fame with the Porygon in my party but it's not part of the breeding programme. Super disappointing.
    EDIT2: Also just curious if Pokerus odds are increased or not because I just got it lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2023
    So I'm not sure if this is a bug, but Ralts has a chance to change its gender when it evolves into Kirlia.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2023
    I either ran into a bug or am incredibly unlucky. I just tried to catch Naganadel (Lvl 39) with about 50 balls in my bag (all with base catch rate) and used up all of them unsuccessfully. For the first half of them it was asleep with full health, after that it threatened a kill so i switched to togedemaru and weakened it until hp were red and paralyzed it.

I play 1.3.2 on 3ds and it was my first legendary Encounter there, but i played 100+ hours on my phone and caught most legendaries there in a quick ball or within the first 3 balls.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2023
    I either ran into a bug or am incredibly unlucky. I just tried to catch Naganadel (Lvl 39) with about 50 balls in my bag (all with base catch rate) and used up all of them unsuccessfully. For the first half of them it was asleep with full health, after that it threatened a kill so i switched to togedemaru and weakened it until hp were red and paralyzed it.

I play 1.3.2 on 3ds and it was my first legendary Encounter there, but i played 100+ hours on my phone and caught most legendaries there in a quick ball or within the first 3 balls.

did you use beast balls? all balls other than beast balls have an extremely low catch rate when used on ultra beasts

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    So, I'm going for the Kanto Style quest and the Random Trade guy gave me a shiny Porygon. I used a save state to check if it registered that for the Breeding Program because I'd had some minor issues with similar things before, and it does not show up. Is there any way to get the game to register that I've encountered a shiny Porygon in an adventure? If I get to the Hall of Fame maybe?

EDIT: Made the hall of fame with the Porygon in my party but it's not part of the breeding programme. Super disappointing.
    EDIT2: Also just curious if Pokerus odds are increased or not because I just got it lol

When you're gifted a pokemon on a run either by the random trade quiz man, from battling a strong trainer or from receiving one after completing a quest.. it doesn't register in the pokedex nor does it register in the shiny breeding programme in the Safari zone. I've had the same thing happen regularly - a strong trainer gave me a crobat and it was ✦shiny✦ however it didn't end up in the programme.. I also got a shiny wynaut from completing the Fate quest yet the pokedex doesn't register me ever catching one despite it being in my PC in the hub.

It's only ones you catch in the wild and you have to add it to your party you can't just release it straight away You can release it after it's added to your party just not when you first catch it. I've had to recatch pokemon I've already been gifted just for the pokedex entry, it may be a bug and it's frustrating but I just deal with it and hope I find one in the wild the chances are 1/100 I think so it's not impossible to get one you just need to encounter it in the wild catch it and add it to your party. Hope this helps!

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Does turning evs on and off affect npc pokemon? I don't want to leave it on if they get optimized evs while I deal with random ones

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2023
    I have a question, in the last update i could choose the gen I wanted for the zafari zone, but in the new update I cant do it, was it remove or do i have to unlock it?

Back