• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: First Impressions: Pokemon Yellow

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • Hi so I haven't actually gotten past Brock in Pokemon Yellow before, and considering it's a classic, I figured I should try it out. Some newer fans might be wondering if it's worth it to go backwards and play these games after they've played the more updated ones.

However, I'm a bit unsure of the format. Should I play the entire game first and write a review or should this be in the format of a Travel Journal? I was thinking the former, as the latter might be kind of boring since so many people have played it, but I'm not too sure, so opinions would be nice!!

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Some newer fans might be wondering if it's worth it to go backwards and play these games after they've played the more updated ones.

I think this would be a good angle to take and a way to differentiate the article from the countless others on Pokémon Yellow. In my opinion it probably makes more sense to play the entire game first and then write up a review, but base the review on your experience of playing Pokémon Yellow after playing the Gen VI games/through the eyes of someone who hasn't played the older gens before/for a while.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Cool, cool. I only got past Brock so I gotta just get to playing it now.

If you guys are interested and maybe if it fits, I could also maybe get my brother's opinion on Yellow, as he also purchased it and his first game was Platinum, I think. Maybe Black. He's also 12 so might be interesting, the thing is I don't think he's that far. I can see how it goes.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hi so I haven't actually gotten past Brock in Pokemon Yellow before, and considering it's a classic, I figured I should try it out. Some newer fans might be wondering if it's worth it to go backwards and play these games after they've played the more updated ones.

However, I'm a bit unsure of the format. Should I play the entire game first and write a review or should this be in the format of a Travel Journal? I was thinking the former, as the latter might be kind of boring since so many people have played it, but I'm not too sure, so opinions would be nice!!
    I think you should do this as a Youtube clip on PC's channel c:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Maybe but... I have no idea how I would do any of that? I've never made a Youtube video before. Might be too much hassle :x
    I'm sure Achromatic or somebody could help you out~ but making it an article story would of course be nice too. Just wanted to suggest, as your first impressions might make a fun Let's Play!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • That'd require either Altairis recording her own gameplay (idk if even possible - if playing on the 3DS for instance it is not feasible without having a special recording devices for it), or someone else doing it for all the relevant parts possibly if you wanted to emulate a LP. I.... really feel that's quite a lot of work and probably not easy to do. Plus we can still have it promoted on FB/Twitter without it. (That already happens with articles in fact). It also doesn't seem like a Let's Play idea, and if it was those are typically rather long projects, and suited for a very long series. Speaking from someone who's tried one. :V

I'll... give more thoughts on the other ideas here later, bit too tired rn. Main question though - do you intend for this to be one article, or multiple?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • That'd require either Altairis recording her own gameplay (idk if even possible - if playing on the 3DS for instance it is not feasible without having a special recording devices for it), or someone else doing it for all the relevant parts possibly if you wanted to emulate a LP. I.... really feel that's quite a lot of work and probably not easy to do. Plus we can still have it promoted on FB/Twitter without it. (That already happens with articles in fact). It also doesn't seem like a Let's Play idea, and if it was those are typically rather long projects, and suited for a very long series. Speaking from someone who's tried one. :V

I'll... give more thoughts on the other ideas here later, bit too tired rn. Main question though - do you intend for this to be one article, or multiple?

I was thinking it could just be one cause it might get a bit boring after more than that.

I think I will stick with the article format, since it's easier and I'm not sure if I'm ready for a full on video yet as my first video.

edit: Also I may not have made this clear, but I'm not sure a full Let's Play was what I was going for cause you have to be pretty entertaining for people to want to watch right? Not sure if I could do that. If I was going to do something, it would be one video from my perspective after I played the game or one article with the same stuff, just in text.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • edit: Also I may not have made this clear, but I'm not sure a full Let's Play was what I was going for cause you have to be pretty entertaining for people to want to watch right? Not sure if I could do that. If I was going to do something, it would be one video from my perspective after I played the game or one article with the same stuff, just in text.
    So you mean if you did do a video it'd be just within the same article and reflect what you wrote as well? (Which is alright, just clarifying).

Back