• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Hi,
I want to know how to insert a new pokemon in the Pokedex?
I used YAPE to change the "?" and put a new Pokemon "Lucario", but the Pokedex part is unavailable to edit.
How can i add this Pokemon to the pokedex.
I found the Dex Data Offset but i don't know how to add Lucario on it.
Please, help me if you can. Thank you.
You need to expand the Pokedex entries which you won't be able to do properly without ASM :P

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2013
do i need to get different tiles to make a house appear
two story?

Do you mean have the top tile of the building hide part of the player? If that is what you mean and you have Advance Map v1.92 you can do that in the block editor. It has two layers that it combines to make one tile, the top layer goes over the player. If you want the entire tile to cover the player while still using two layers, there is a behavior byte that says "block on top of hero" or something like that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
My friend is a fan of the "moemon" rom hacks, namely the emerald version one, and since I used to hack pokémon roms as a kid I said I'd have a look. Moemon is just the regular game with some sprite changes (and one text change which I have already fixed). The problem is, it's missing a few pokémon, such as Gardevoir, Voltorb, etc. I have managed to get my hands on a copy of the Japanese IPS patch and patched a Japanese rom, as I know they're complete.

What method can I extract a sprite from a Japanese emerald rom (front and back)? I used advanced sprite editor on another one but that only has ini files for english roms. Also, is there anything special I need to do since the emerald sprites are animated?

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
My friend is a fan of the "moemon" rom hacks, namely the emerald version one, and since I used to hack pokémon roms as a kid I said I'd have a look. Moemon is just the regular game with some sprite changes (and one text change which I have already fixed). The problem is, it's missing a few pokémon, such as Gardevoir, Voltorb, etc. I have managed to get my hands on a copy of the Japanese IPS patch and patched a Japanese rom, as I know they're complete.

What method can I extract a sprite from a Japanese emerald rom (front and back)? I used advanced sprite editor on another one but that only has ini files for english roms. Also, is there anything special I need to do since the emerald sprites are animated?
Actually, just use a program called UnLZ-GBA.

zapdosa

GG
Years
Whenever I change the title of my thread it doesn't show up on the forum index, it only shows on the thread post. How do you make the updated title show in the forum index as well?

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Hey everyone in Viridian Forest the border block is bigger than in other maps. So my question is, how do you change it so that it is normal like other city maps?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Press control+h in the 'Header' tab to view the advanced settings. There's boxes there entitled 'Border Height' and 'Border Width', edit away. ;)

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2011
How do I edit trainer sprites? (Not overworld sprites, but what they ACTUALLY look like.)

SoaringSomeone

Residential Sprite Slave
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2014
I have a few questions:

1. Which is better to use/learn? XSE or PKSV?
2. Is it possible to completely nix the professor intro screen where he starts going "This is the World of Pokemon"?
3. Is it possible to skip the choosing gender part of the game, and just have it default automatically to one gender?
4. Is it possible to insert a cut-scene in the game, where there's not necessarily an animation or anything, but more of a few pictures shown in succession?
5. Is it possible to have a scene in the game where the player's overworld sprite is not shown at all, but instead there are just other characters doing their thing for a while?

Thanks for all your help. :)

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I have a few questions:

1. Which is better to use/learn? XSE or PKSV?
2. Is it possible to completely nix the professor intro screen where he starts going "This is the World of Pokemon"?
3. Is it possible to skip the choosing gender part of the game, and just have it default automatically to one gender?
4. Is it possible to insert a cut-scene in the game, where there's not necessarily an animation or anything, but more of a few pictures shown in succession?
5. Is it possible to have a scene in the game where the player's overworld sprite is not shown at all, but instead there are just other characters doing their thing for a while?

Thanks for all your help. :)

1. Neither one is "better" per se but XSE is more popular so if you have a problem, you are more likely to get a response.
2. Not without ASM
3. Not without ASM
4. Yes, it can be done but it would be pretty hard to pull off, especially for a newbie. You could either use ASM or use a bunch of map tilesets, though the latter would take up a lot of space in your ROM
5. Sure. There are a number of ways to do it but the method I recommend is to use something like this:

Code:
applymovement 0xFF @hide

#org @hide
@raw 0x60 0xFE

Just remember to un-hide the player afterwards (with the '0x61' movement). Keep in mind that the above script is for Fire Red/Leaf Green only. Another way would be to move the camera so that the player is off-screen but that's more complicated.

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
Weird question, but is there a way to make the player walk diagonally? It, most certainly, requires ASM, right?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Weird question, but is there a way to make the player walk diagonally? It, most certainly, requires ASM, right?

I think the code exists in Emerald (I think it was used for the legendary cutscene or something like that) but I don't know what the applymovement #raw is for it.

SoaringSomeone

Residential Sprite Slave
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2014
Thanks for answering my question. I have another one:

Why is it when I press decompile on XSE, it deletes parts of my script?

SoaringSomeone

Residential Sprite Slave
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2014
This was the original:
Spoiler:

This was what happened after decompiling:
Spoiler:

Basically the part where the person says "Are you taking care of the pokemon" is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back