• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Multiverse?

Pokedigifan1178

Most powerful being in fiction
Years
  • In one of the pokemon games. (I don't know which one). I believe they talk about an alternate universe where mega evolution never existed.

Sun and moon also described a Pokémon multiverse.

After all if the ultra beasts come from another universe. Then there has to be a multiverse.

Do you believe that Pokémon has a multiverse?

Years
  • I 100% believe that there is a Pokemon multiverse. Of course, it was probably the easiest solution for them to come up with for ORAS without retconning a whole bunch of stuff, but now that they've established that there isn't a parallel timeline between games any more, that puts a whole bunch more possibilities on the table.

One thing that would be interesting would be some of the universes crossing over. The only one I can really think of is Ash's Greninja making its way into the seventh gen games, being clearly stated as the one Ash used, rather than some random Greninja with the same appearance. And who knows if there's more than one Looker. It's very possible that he's the same one that we've encountered across a bunch of games, and has had an almost identical appearance since gen 4, despite varying amounts of time passing between each game.

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's likely that Pokemon has some sort of multi-verse, in the sense there's probably alternative timelines for x, y and z. For example, there's probably a timeline/universe where a 10-year old kid didn't interfere with the plans of any given evil team, therefore allowing their plans to succeed. That's really just one of many possibilities, but it's really not too far off the realm of possibility.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • I thought multiverse was canon? In any way, in a franchise like Pokémon that aims at different media, multiverse can be understood as different things in many levels and they certainly add a level of flavour to the entire experience.

Ultra Beasts for example could be understood as an alternate universe thing or an alternate dimension thing, but neither one closes them any possibilities. There's also the 'verses of manga, PMD, anime+movies, etc..., which don't really intersect but rather remain tangential with each other so the "internal crossover" opportunities are never really any used. I guess this is intentional to a point - even within the uniformity of what "Pokémon" is, there's a lot of hard-to-reconcile differences between the various canons and subfranchises.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • In one of the pokemon games. (I don't know which one). I believe they talk about an alternate universe where mega evolution never existed.

Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.

Anyway yes, I believe in the Pokemon Multiverse, for sure. It also works for the fact we have multiple versions & the version exclusives for each region. (I mean, Sun/Moon had that one portal that allowed you to enter the other world, ie: Sun or moon world, depending on your version.) And the obvious Mega Evolution and non Mega Evolution multiverse. I'm sure more games are going to built upon it.

Back